Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 04:25 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svelten View Post
Is it me, or is this an epically terrible year? You mean to tell me we wait 10 months out of an entire year only to be treated to this garbage outside? You mean the two months where I don't have to travel south to not go insane, I still have to deal with this crap? I didn't pay for the highest cost of living in Canada for this bull****
No, it isn't just you. It IS an epically terrible year all round all over North America.

Criticizing and complaining about it isn't going to change it and it just makes the complainers sound like a bunch of immature snivelling babies with an entitlement complex.

I cannot for the life of me understand why people complain about the weather as if it's some kind of deliberate injustice against them and if they complain loud enough somebody can wave a magic wand and fix everything just to satisfy them.

Y'all better man up to it and get used to the weird weather - this is climate change and it's here to stay. So deal with it just like everyone else has to deal with it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 03:18 PM

428 posts, read 1,184,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
No, it isn't just you. It IS an epically terrible year all round all over North America.

Criticizing and complaining about it isn't going to change it and it just makes the complainers sound like a bunch of immature snivelling babies with an entitlement complex.

I cannot for the life of me understand why people complain about the weather as if it's some kind of deliberate injustice against them and if they complain loud enough somebody can wave a magic wand and fix everything just to satisfy them.

Y'all better man up to it and get used to the weird weather - this is climate change and it's here to stay. So deal with it just like everyone else has to deal with it.

Oh chill out. I don't care for the weather here during the best years.it's alright though, I don't expect Vancouver's climate to change in order to accommodate me. I won't be staying here long term.What I don't appreciate, are those people who through snakiness and condescention whine about other people's complaints.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:52 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowningintherain2 View Post
..... whine about other people's CHRONIC complaints.
Fixed.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:16 AM

63 posts, read 120,888 times
Definitely I agree with your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
So did you agree with the post I put up before yours?

Maybe the weather/climate pattern there has a cycle where in a given decade there are 3 much nicer weather years, 3 much worse weather years, and 4 weather years that are in the middle. This seems to be true about many different locations on this planet with having this kind of cycle and hopefully this is true for Seattle/PCNW. But some places do have their weather/climates change permanently for better or for worse and hopefully this is not for Seattle/PCNW weather/climate patterns permanently getting worse. I personally think is more of a cycle thing going on that I mentioned instead of something more permanent.

Also were you aware that Seattle is actually on average a bit sunnier and warmer than Vancouver, and that Portland is a bit sunnier and warmer than Seattle which means it is even more warmer and sunnier than Vancouver?
For example, I just saw the weather forecast saying it is sunny in Seattle right now while being cloudy in Vancouver today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver