Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2008, 07:47 PM

8 posts, read 45,045 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me where Chicago Town is in Vancouver? There is a mountain bike event there and at whistler on july 25-26 sponsored by Red Bull. I need to know where Chicago Town is in Vancouver so I can book hotels. Many Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 11:08 AM

1,048 posts, read 6,444,175 times
I never heard of a place called "Chicago Town" in my life, and almost thought you must have meant Yaletown or Chinatown or Gastown...

... but a bit of online sleuthing and I found this: http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?p=1978478

Basically, everyone's stumped. In Vancouver, people go mountain biking north of the city in a suburb city called North Vancouver aka: North Van. To be specific, they go biking on the slopes of Grouse Mountain (and Cypress Mountain and Mount Seymour). My guess is that "Chicago Town" is either a mistake on Red Bull's part, or it must be some sort of secret mountain bike community nickname for a specific trail/jump/area of a park... but "Chicago Town" is definitely not a name I've ever encountered before, ever.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:31 AM

8 posts, read 45,045 times
Default Thanks

With the help of your link and the info I managed to track down, it seems Chicago Town is a movie location likely in North Vancouver on the water.
Still pretty vague but Red Bull's promo people must not want many spectators. Ten days to the event and they are still lining up people to do camera work and even they haven't been told where it is.
Thanks for your help.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:50 AM

1,075 posts, read 4,310,307 times
Here's a page of links for some in north vancouver, brooksbank address and phone number being the main one, but not on the water.

But I'm sure they could help direct you to the right number anyway.

movie studio in north vancouver, b.c., canada - Google Search

brooksbank

movie studio loc: North Vancouver, BC, Canada - Google Maps

Old 07-16-2008, 01:38 PM

1,048 posts, read 6,444,175 times
Lions Gate Studios is at 555 Brooksbank (I actually interned there once upon a time!)... and I know immediately underneath the Iron Workers Memorial Bridge in North Vancouver is a waterfront film set which is used by a variety of production crews. Possibly that's it? Whatever and wherever it is, you're right - sounds like they really don't want anyone to be there. Their organization's atrocious!

Old 07-16-2008, 02:12 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,310,307 times
Interesting!

Wasn't sure if that place even existed anymore. Had friends that used to work there on set design quite awhile ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver