Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 06:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,169 times

Advertisements

Dairy or Cheese has something in it called casomorphins. These are highly addictive peptides and create happy feelings. I have been Dairy everything free for about 1 1/2 years. I dont crave it anymore. I think that cravings have a lot to do with whats going on in our heads. Milk or cheese is most definately not an essential part of a healthy diet.
Maybe you would do good in looking into some not so good facts about how cheese is made. Basicly if you want to get rid of the craving you need to convince yourslef that cheese is no good. Find something that you can substitute for cheese there are lots of vegan cheese like recipes or products.
Good luck

Old 08-03-2012, 06:51 PM

2 posts, read 1,169 times
Heres proof. I have suffered with IBS for about 4 years and it is completely gone since i started vegan! i was doing paleo but took out the meat and now my tummy is like 100%% my constipation is gone too!! yea buddy!

Old 08-04-2012, 12:14 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,371,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuehl View Post
Dairy or Cheese has something in it called casomorphins. These are highly addictive peptides and create happy feelings. I have been Dairy everything free for about 1 1/2 years. I dont crave it anymore. I think that cravings have a lot to do with whats going on in our heads. Milk or cheese is most definately not an essential part of a healthy diet.
Maybe you would do good in looking into some not so good facts about how cheese is made. Basicly if you want to get rid of the craving you need to convince yourslef that cheese is no good. Find something that you can substitute for cheese there are lots of vegan cheese like recipes or products.
Good luck
I've heard this before. Very interesting.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:10 AM

1,812 posts, read 4,222,826 times
This is an interesting article titled, Breaking the Food Seduction. It discusses milk & cheese.

PCRM | Breaking the Food Seduction

When I went vegan, I realized that the occasional migraine I use to have had disappeared.

If you look around in the public, there's plenty of proof that the meat-eating & dairy consuming diet being followed by many Americans is unhealthy.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:17 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Lily View Post
This is an interesting article titled, Breaking the Food Seduction. It discusses milk & cheese.

When I went vegan, I realized that the occasional migraine I use to have had disappeared.

If you look around in the public, there's plenty of proof that the meat-eating & dairy consuming diet being followed by many Americans is unhealthy.
If you look around in the public, there's plenty of proof that the vegan diet of obese vegans is unhealthy.

Just go to any vegetarian and vegan restaurant and watch the people who come and go. You'll see obese people, rail-thin near-anorexics, healthy people, disabled people, people with pace-makers, people who shake uncontrollably, people who are sturdy and hale and muscular, people with severe mental disorders, people who would normally eat a standard american diet but have allergies to certain proteins and are "stuck" depriving themselves of things they really would prefer to eat, people who have ethical reasons to eat vegan, who have no health problems at all and didn't have any health problems before switching, people who are .. all kinds.

Pegging "healthy people" as "vegans" and "unhealthy people" as non-vegans, makes about as much sense as pegging "people who can't tolerate the cold" as "people who live in the Sahara desert" and "people who can't tolerate the heat" as "people who don't live in the Sahara desert."

Old 08-04-2012, 09:29 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,857,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Lily View Post

So true! Just check out the American Cancer Society's recommendations about limiting or eliminating red meat and animal
products to reduce cancer risk.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:12 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,619,729 times
In every diet there is healthy and unhealthy people, through our eyes. Too skinny, unhealthy; too fat, unhealthy. When people do things, say things, that are different than our beliefs then we think they are wrong and want to correct them. I'm a recovering addict of this.

You have nothing to prove if it works for you. Let them talk. And there is nothing wrong with change. vegan/veg/"flesh eater" converted to one or the other, its what your body tells you is right. what your morals are. how you were raised, etc.

Nobody can blame anyone else but themselves for their health. Not meat industry, not vegan diet, nobody. We all want to fit in, but why? God made you special, so wear that helmet with pride when on the short bus! LOL just a joke to lighten this up.

Take care everyone and have a good weekend!

Old 08-04-2012, 03:26 PM

994 posts, read 1,592,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
For the people who are always worried about our lack of (animal) protein, perhaps we can remind about Scott Jurek. Just learned about him. He's an ultramarathoner. He wrote a book called Eat and Run:

Scott Jurek: Eat and Run

His bio:

Scott Jurek: Eat and Run

Wonder what people will say about his ability to compete in extended marathons...on tempeh rather than steak!
This is why I am mostly vegan. There's no need for animal products and the obsession with protein is a media/industry sales pitch.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:12 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
In every diet there is healthy and unhealthy people, through our eyes. Too skinny, unhealthy; too fat, unhealthy. When people do things, say things, that are different than our beliefs then we think they are wrong and want to correct them. I'm a recovering addict of this.

You have nothing to prove if it works for you. Let them talk. And there is nothing wrong with change. vegan/veg/"flesh eater" converted to one or the other, its what your body tells you is right. what your morals are. how you were raised, etc.

Nobody can blame anyone else but themselves for their health. Not meat industry, not vegan diet, nobody. We all want to fit in, but why? God made you special, so wear that helmet with pride when on the short bus! LOL just a joke to lighten this up.

Take care everyone and have a good weekend!
And addiction it is!

Yes, a vegan diet can be healthy for some people (assuming it's well-balanced, of course).

A vegetarian diet can be healthy for some people.

An omnivorous diet can be healthy for some people.

When you judge people for not eating what makes you healthy, or insist that there is one healthy diet for everyone, you're assuming that everyone is identical. That's a pretty risky (and false) assumption to make.

The reasonable person listens to their own body regarding what makes it healthy. The unreasonable person instead listens to everyone else's opinions about what should make them healthy, whether that be meat or vegetarianism or pop tarts.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:23 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
Good grief.

Why can't we have a single thread about a veg*n diet without non-veg*ns jumping in to argue about it? It gets old.

Go take your fight somewhere else.

Seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food