Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 07:04 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,046,783 times

Advertisements

I eat a lot of fish and occasionally some chicken breast tenderloin strips but I like to think of myself as more vegetarian than not. I eat NO dairy whatsoever and very little processed food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 08:34 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,913,045 times
I would call yourself "mostly vegetarian." Gets the message across, I think. Some people get really strict on who is or is not a vegetarian. And I do see the reasoning--actually some very good reasoning. On the otherhand, who cares, it is more important that people put forth the effort to eat healthy and mindfully.

We try to eat whole foods as well. When my son brings home the PTO BoxTops for Education flyer, I just recycle it. It is a lost cause in our household. We purchase so few premade items, and even less so the items on the BoxTops list, that it just isn't worth it. Last year I put forth a little effort, but after four or six months it was only two...

Old 11-26-2009, 09:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,069 times
I think many people get concern with labels, than the act. The reason that many people are vegetarians or vegan is to stop participating in cruelty towards animals and for health reasons. Rather the animal is a chicken or cow it is still an animal. To label one-self a vegetarian of vegan is not important, what is important is whether we are causing or participate in a system that denies animals the right to exist as free animals.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:49 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,029,725 times
I personally don't think vegetarians eat fish or chicken. You might just say you don't eat beef or pork.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:25 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,367,314 times
I am a vegetarian. I don't care about other people. If someone says they are a vegetarian, but eat fish and chicken.. good for them.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:07 PM

239 posts, read 710,967 times
A Pescetarian is a person who is vegetarian but occasionally eats fish; Somewhat accepted in the veg arena.
If you tell vegetarians that you are one but that you eat chicken, that is when they will scoff!

I do not call myself a vegetarian any more (after 15 strict years) because I do rarely eat fish now and on a very rare occasion will eat a pork chop (I know, weird). This has been happening for two years and I just feel that I should not call myself a vegetarian mainly because it is not the truth.
You may call yourself whatever you want...sometimes it is easier to say vegetarian just because you will have an easier time when dining with others or as a guest to a home for dinner.
Either way, enjoy the yummy food and healthy skin!!

Old 11-27-2009, 07:26 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,367,314 times
Sometimes I tell people I'm a vegetarian... most of the time I say I don't eat meat.

Saying, "I don't eat meat" is usually better than "I'm a vegetarian"... because then people think that saying, "I'm a vegetarian" means "I've got an agenda. I want to push my ideas on you" sort of thing, so judgement is passed fairly easily. It's just easier to say, "I don't eat meat". I'd rather not get into conversation or debate about the reasons why I don't eat meat or why it's good or bad. I just can't be bothered sometimes.

face not bothered

Old 11-27-2009, 08:41 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,029,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommodonahue View Post
Sometimes I tell people I'm a vegetarian... most of the time I say I don't eat meat.

Saying, "I don't eat meat" is usually better than "I'm a vegetarian"... because then people think that saying, "I'm a vegetarian" means "I've got an agenda. I want to push my ideas on you" sort of thing, so judgement is passed fairly easily. It's just easier to say, "I don't eat meat". I'd rather not get into conversation or debate about the reasons why I don't eat meat or why it's good or bad. I just can't be bothered sometimes.

face not bothered
I tell people I don't eat meat. The next they usually say is , "well, you can have some chicken or fish."

Old 11-28-2009, 10:39 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,302,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
I eat a lot of fish and occasionally some chicken breast tenderloin strips but I like to think of myself as more vegetarian than not. I eat NO dairy whatsoever and very little processed food.
I'm actually wondering why the OP even posted................and your point/question is????????? *shrugs*

If you eat meat and fish then you're not vegetarian...........if you "wannabe vegetarian" then skip the fish and chicken, no?

Old 11-28-2009, 11:23 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,186,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommodonahue View Post
Sometimes I tell people I'm a vegetarian... most of the time I say I don't eat meat ...
Exactly. I do the same. Still get a lot of jibes from others but who cares
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food