Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: would you date a non vegan/vegetarian?
Yes 23 69.70%
No 3 9.09%
it depends 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 02:02 PM

926 posts, read 2,750,930 times

Advertisements

Im pretty open minded to trying new things so I would love for a vegan to introduce me to things I dont know and my parents are very accomodating, if they didnt think they could prepare a vegan meal if you came as a guest they would find a restaurant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 02:02 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,868,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
So I took some litterary license with the question.

What's good for the goose tastes good with the gander!
You mean literary license?

So, you would not date someone like yourself?

Funny thing is, the cholesterol-clogged omnivores seem to be the pickiest eaters, always whining if there isn't a dead animal on the table.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:08 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,379,906 times
Quote:
There are plenty of choices to ease environmental worries. I'm the farthest thing in the world from a vegetarian, obviously but I don't eat a lot of foods for environmental reasons; both meat and vegetable.
Actually, just over half of the US cropland is used to grow foodstuffs for the livestock industry. They are not supposed to be over 50% of the diet, maybe 10-25%, so really they should only require 10-25% of the land and resources. That's a tremendous amount of resources (land, water, fuel, etc...). Reduction of livestock consumption is very helpful in the reduction of overall resource usage.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:25 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,922,271 times
Quote:
I wish more people were too! And I wish more people would try to buy American made goods and let China and the others keep their crap.
But...but...Wallyworld has the best prices.

We've been penny wise and pound foolish for a long time; it'll take at least as long to get folks to realize that sometimes cheaper just means the costs are hidden.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I would not date a picky eater.

Fortunately I'm not a picky eater. We strive for at least one vegetarian dish a week for economic reasons; I love the challenge of cooking with vegetables and think you can make an excellent meal without meat - but that's no reason to give it up entirely.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
I would not date a picky eater.

Fortunately I'm not a picky eater. We strive for at least one vegetarian dish a week for economic reasons; I love the challenge of cooking with vegetables and think you can make an excellent meal without meat - but that's no reason to give it up entirely.

Aah! You're part-way there - why not try it for awhile?

Old 11-07-2008, 04:37 PM

275 posts, read 687,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
You mean literary license?

Funny thing is, the cholesterol-clogged omnivores seem to be the pickiest eaters, always whining if there isn't a dead animal on the table.
oh thats a good one lol

Old 11-07-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Aah! You're part-way there - why not try it for awhile?
Sure; we'll swap. I'll go veg for a week, you go omnivore for a week.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:27 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,926,124 times
Ummm... back to the original question. I have only dated non-vegetarians. It didn't matter to me. They can eat whatever. I think it was more important that they didn't mind my dietary choices; if they did from the beginning, that would probably mean we would have a huge hurtle to get over if we wanted to get more serious. All the guys I dated actually thought it was really "cool" that I was a vegetarian.

Anyhow, my husband turned veggie eight years ago, about two years after living together. It wasn't hard for him, as I made all the meals anyhow. It just meant eating veggie while eating out!

Old 11-08-2008, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Sure; we'll swap. I'll go veg for a week, you go omnivore for a week.
Aldready tried that for circa 27 years. Let me know when you've gone veg for 27 years - then you'll be able to date lots of great veggie ladies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food