Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 05:20 PM

43 posts, read 196,621 times

Advertisements

Since you are single you may like Ventura, since there is probably more to do there than Oxnard or Camarillo. My husband worked in Oxnard and we lived in Camarillo, only about an 8 min drive with no traffic.
Camarillo-very safe, lots of families, has the outlets(tons of them), target, movies and events in the park, 9 miles from closes beach (Moint Magu)
Ventura-Lots of shops and beach right there, don't forget about all the Homeless people that tend to hang out and sleep in the park by the main st. shops. We did not care for Ventura to live after comparing all the cities
Oxnard- Higher rate of crime, some very ugly areas- but not as bad as some might say . The channel islands are beautiful! More to do.
Thousand Oaks- Too far to drive (have to go up a grade every day), too hot in summer with no breeze
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 06:19 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,947 times
Yes, that Camarillo Grade is a real killer on some cars, so if your vehicles struggle with uphill drives you'll want to avoid it.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:01 PM

6 posts, read 14,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Not always. Some people are quite proud to call themselves "white trash" and they fully live up to the title, just as some people brag about being from "the ghetto."

I lived in AZ for 9 years, in the areas of Higley, East Mesa and Central Mesa. So, I can fully understand why the OP has included labels for certain types of areas.

Apache Junction / some areas of East Mesa = Enclaves of white trash culture

Lower Buckeye area = Ghetto

Snotsdale (I mean Scottsdale) = Barbie *******

These labels are not meant to be denigrating, they are very real and valid descriptors of particular areas.

For the record, Tony, some might make the claim that Simi Valley is full of "white trash." Ignore them. Simi does have a predominantly white population and for reasons unbeknownst to me some see this as evidence that Simi is full of rednecks and racists.
Yes! You know exactly what I am talking about, thank you. So if I wanted to live in the Tempe, AZ of Ventura county where would I live?

Old 09-09-2010, 11:14 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismotony View Post
Yes! You know exactly what I am talking about, thank you. So if I wanted to live in the Tempe, AZ of Ventura county where would I live?
Well, since you are used to living in a university town Ventura or one of the nearby communities would be a match good for you. As far as university towns go Tempe is pretty laid back, very similar to Ventura. Some of our other members might jump in on this with good suggestions, too

If you liked Tempe you are going to LOVE Ventura County.

On the subject of Tempe, I used to love shopping there, especially at the Buffalo Exchange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County