Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 09:20 PM

17 posts, read 61,078 times

Advertisements

I know that a few years ago my cousin was a victim of home invasion in vermont. He and his roomate were tied up and they beat them for hours. I even think they killed his dogs. I don't believe the guys were ever caught. I didnt know vermont was so dangerous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 10:39 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,397,575 times
You must live in a really bad area. I've lived in L.A. for a long time, and I've never experienced all these problems. I just left the city of Los Angeles and am now at my Dad's house in the Palos Verdes area until I get it together to move back to the east coast. I'm glad to be away from all the traffic and such, and I'm really looking forward to moving across country. I just have to be patient and save some more money.

green machine

Old 08-06-2007, 12:26 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,956,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalou View Post
I'm sorry you have gone through all that in So Cal. What a nightmare! It doesn't surprise me though - California is far from the paradise people think it is. I moved back here five years ago and can't wait to leave (lived in South FL for a while - that's even worse)! My husband and I are considering a move to NY (I'm from there originally). We're looking in a couple of different areas - Long Island and Rockland County. I can understand why you would want to move to Vermont though - I hear it is gorgeous!

The weather here in So Cal is lovely, but it is certainly not worth our lives and our sanity. As you said, some love it and look the other way. I just can't do that anymore, so it is time to leave it behind - all of the mean and nasty drivers, plastic people, illegal aliens, gang members, etc. I'll deal with some snow in exchange for a better quality of life. Best of luck to you in Vermont!
That is my point exactly!! And thank you

Old 08-06-2007, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinareich View Post
I know that a few years ago my cousin was a victim of home invasion in vermont. He and his roomate were tied up and they beat them for hours. I even think they killed his dogs. I don't believe the guys were ever caught. I didnt know vermont was so dangerous!
My God that is awful. Sigh, you just cant seem to totally escape crime no matter where you go.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
You must live in a really bad area. I've lived in L.A. for a long time, and I've never experienced all these problems. I just left the city of Los Angeles and am now at my Dad's house in the Palos Verdes area until I get it together to move back to the east coast. I'm glad to be away from all the traffic and such, and I'm really looking forward to moving across country. I just have to be patient and save some more money.

green machine
Actully Green, the area I live in is very nice. There are a lot of really wealthy folks that live here. Studio people, actors, musicians rich executives...etc, But as with anything, there is always a bad side. The freeway jacking happend on the Hollywood freeway, not anywhere near my home. The crime rate in So Calif sucks. Compared to different parts of the country that friends of mine live in. Plus all the reasons that kristalou gave. So Calif has ran its course for me. It is sad because it used to be my home for over 40 years, it doesnt feel like home anymore

Old 08-06-2007, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab8mi View Post
Don't despair too much Suzet depending on where you move in VT the beach is only a few hours away, different ocean but very beautiful still. Plus you have Lake Champlain which you will discover is a wonderful place to spend time as well.

Vermont looks forward to having you!!
I look forward to Vermont also Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont