Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2019, 09:04 AM

83,545 posts, read 75,390,209 times

Advertisements

Evening commute will be tricky tomorrow

https://twitter.com/WeatherEric/stat...90211883433984
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 07:15 AM

83,545 posts, read 75,390,209 times
Another cold March. I still have half foot of snow on ground even with 4 days of sun.

6 of last 7 March's has been below normal.

Check this out...

https://twitter.com/NWSBurlington/st...27457358159872

Old 03-10-2019, 06:00 AM

2,062 posts, read 3,963,886 times
Impressive! I've been enjoying the sun but am looking forward to warm temps. It's gonna be June before all this snow is gone lol.

Old 04-09-2019, 02:09 PM

5,455 posts, read 4,060,534 times
Ground is snow covered YET AGAIN in central VT (that's on top of the ice pellets that came down first). I am so sick of this winter!!

Old 04-09-2019, 06:09 PM

23,604 posts, read 70,456,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
Ground is snow covered YET AGAIN in central VT (that's on top of the ice pellets that came down first). I am so sick of this winter!!
Northern Alabama is nice... Sorry, unrepentant gloating here. Give it a month and you can repay the favor by commenting how cool it is in Vermont while I suffer with mowing.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:08 AM

Harry, how do you deal with the hot summers there??? That is the one thing I don't think I could tolerate.

Snowing here right now and 27 degrees ha ha. Gotta love April in Vermont!

Old 04-10-2019, 03:02 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,288,194 times
Since moving to Vermont, I had to ensure people that Vermont is NOT above the Arctic Circle. I was once visiting my mother, who lived in NY State in Dec. People asked me how much snow Vermont had. I looked out the window and said, "The same amount you have here."

Watching the national weather lately, I am REALLY glad that I live in Vermont. The blizzards, the floods, the tornadoes, the hurricanes. Sometimes I think my sister in Tulsa has more snow than we have here. The thing is, we know how to deal with it. They don't. I also have family members in Conn. and I think they get dumped on more than we do, here. Yeah, Vermont can have some nasty weather but nothing like what is going on in other parts of the country.

Cat

Old 04-10-2019, 10:35 PM

23,604 posts, read 70,456,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkln View Post
Harry, how do you deal with the hot summers there??? That is the one thing I don't think I could tolerate.

Snowing here right now and 27 degrees ha ha. Gotta love April in Vermont!
It took me twenty years in south Florida to thaw out from Vermont. I suspect that metabolisms are different. My mother and I both got stuck with low thyroid function. She was literally cold during Vermont winters, but bundled up and eventually had thyroid supplementation. I ended up with that and SADS, which were major contributors to moving south.

Hot summers are handled with air conditioning (which is FAR cheaper than the winter heating costs in Vermont) and various tricks. Lawn mowing is done early evening, and on the hottest days a "cool vest" is used. I've come back to appreciating four seasons, and enjoying days when the temps are around freezing just as much as the mid 70s days. I fully understand though that many people hate heat more than cold.

I watch the webcams in Vermont, and the past month have been reminded how screwy sugaring season and mud season can be. One year, back around 1975, I remember coming back to Vermont from a vacation in Florida and the next day having over ten inches of snow, pretty sure it was around April 15.

Spring greening came to be my favorite season in Vermont. Fall was more for tourists.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:26 AM

Yeah mud season is pretty fun - it has been a particularly good one this year lol. I keep waiting for the big dump this month, but so far nothing - we had some hail, ice and snow on Tuesday, followed by some rain, but temps are going to hit 60 this weekend and I'm wondering if we're going to escape that last storm (famous last words). We did start winter super early this year though, so maybe?!

Spring greening is quite awesome. It amazes me every year how fast it all happens - a foot of snow one day, beautiful green grass and trees budding shortly after. Quite incredible.

Old 04-11-2019, 01:48 PM

130 posts, read 140,703 times
Just removed a few lawn chairs from the shed and scattered them around the sunny spots in yard. What a lovely bright day it is out there today. Mid 50's here in southern Vermont, light breeze. Perfect temps to split and stack a little wood, rake some driveway stone and hike the dogs thru the property.

We still have a few inches of snow in some of the shady areas, but lotsa green stuff poking up from the dirt elsewhere. My mom's 53 year old Iris descendants have arrived, the lilacs I transplanted from back to front garden are budding and the barred owl that has taken up residence in our back woods again this year, has been hooting all afternoon.

It was an early onset, longer lasting winter this, but it makes the eagerly awaited spring ever more joyful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont