Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2023, 07:20 PM

23,612 posts, read 70,493,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz88 View Post
This explains alot.

I TOLD YOU IT WAS DARK AND STORMY..reporting from..Brandon.

Confirmed tornado in Benson..VT..ended up in Brandon area.

https://youtu.be/EaFzvE98gcc

I had a bad feeling..
This whole week has been weird.
You just gave me a side to side grin!

"It was a dark and stormy night..." I think that even Snoopy from the Charlie Brown comics wrote this legendary literary opening.

An EF0 is a sign that you have trees too close to your house and patio furniture that needs attending. In perspective, people drive down interstates at that speed. The real danger is that debris picked up can hit with considerable force.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2023, 08:15 PM

13,729 posts, read 383,583 times
Pouring rains,…..again…….and thunder and lightning..
Obviously last thing the flooded areas is this..

Old 07-17-2023, 10:11 AM

Getting some well needed drying out time.

Old 07-22-2023, 06:50 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,279,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I love love love thunderstorms! well, as long as I'm inside. I love rain. Lightning, again, not so much unless I can watch from a place of safety. Grew up in Central America - 400 inches of rain per year!!!
I like to think of it as nature replenishing the Earth (as woo woo as that might sound).
I love thunderstorms too as long as the lights don't go out. I received a tornado warning on my cell phone and it said to go seek shelter in the basement. I live about a mile from where the tornado supposedly touched down in Benson. I probably would have seen it if I was looking in the right direction. I was scared because this wind was very different than what I experienced in past storms. I have been in some bad storms when I lived on Long Island but this was very intimidating. My dog took shelter under my bed and I couldn't get her out. The wind subsided after a few minutes and then the lights went out. A few trees down but other than that, everything was okay.

400 inches of rain??!! It must have rained every day?! I do believe nature has a way of working out the problems. There was years i didn't think I would get enough hay for my animals because it rained so much, but in the end, it always worked out. I don't believe in the "climate change" scam. In the White House Clinton Archives, it states that the climate has changed one degree in 100 years.

Old 07-22-2023, 09:53 PM

Location: Between the Evergreen state and the Green Mountain state
77 posts, read 198,764 times
“A University of Arizona team created maps of global temperatures for each 200-year interval since the last ice age. The magnitude and rate warming over the last 150 years far surpasses the magnitude and rate of changes over the last 24,000 years. ‘This reconstruction suggests that current temperatures are unprecedented in 24,000 years, and also suggests that the speed of human-caused global warming is faster than anything we've seen in that same time,’ said Jessica Tierney, a UArizona geosciences associate professor and co-author of the study.” - University of Arizona report Nov. 10, 2021.

Old 08-17-2023, 04:30 AM

229 posts, read 317,776 times
Yes, and despite the fact that it's a decent study a lot of people still won't believe that we are living under an emergency situation and it's going to get ugly very soon.

Old 08-17-2023, 06:04 AM

9,481 posts, read 5,255,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
I love thunderstorms too as long as the lights don't go out. I received a tornado warning on my cell phone and it said to go seek shelter in the basement. I live about a mile from where the tornado supposedly touched down in Benson. I probably would have seen it if I was looking in the right direction. I was scared because this wind was very different than what I experienced in past storms. I have been in some bad storms when I lived on Long Island but this was very intimidating. My dog took shelter under my bed and I couldn't get her out. The wind subsided after a few minutes and then the lights went out. A few trees down but other than that, everything was okay.

400 inches of rain??!! It must have rained every day?! I do believe nature has a way of working out the problems. There was years i didn't think I would get enough hay for my animals because it rained so much, but in the end, it always worked out. I don't believe in the "climate change" scam. In the White House Clinton Archives, it states that the climate has changed one degree in 100 years.
Panama has a dry season, too (or they did, not up on current conditions there). Like Dec-Feb IIRC. Not much rain and beautiful tropical breezes.
Yes, in the rainy season it rains pretty much every day. The intersection near our house used to flood out and would be so high vehicle would stall out. My dad had to leave his Honda in the intersection once until the water receded and was none to happy about having to dry the car out!

I am not sure how much of the climate change hysteria I 'believe.' I mean, I know the climate changes, I know we have good years and bad years. VT's summer of flooding clearly illustrates that. I remember only one summer like this about 15 yrs ago (here) where it literally rained all summer.
"They" have created such a maelstrom around this topic that I don't really know what to believe.

Old 08-17-2023, 10:47 AM

23,612 posts, read 70,493,499 times
The flood of 1927 was still the record breaker. However, there are a few dams in place that weren't back then, so if it were unrestricted, this flooding event would have been worse, perhaps significantly so.

When I was growing up in central Vermont, during the summers any temperature above 90 degrees was an event. 95 was considered brutal. Temps are warmer in general from what I've seen.

OTOH, this summer my brother had to kick on his furnace a couple days. (Then again, he is far right leaning and may have done so more to prove a point.)

The climate does change. For a couple years there were skating parties on the River Thames, the Sahara used to be grass and forest. There were ice ages. As George Carlin used to say, eventually Earth will shake off humans like a bad case of fleas.

Old 09-19-2023, 10:56 PM

Was a pretty cruddy summer

Just sayin……….

Old 09-20-2023, 09:04 AM

10,578 posts, read 7,793,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz88 View Post
Was a pretty cruddy summer

Just sayin……….
By your standards, apparently so. Highest rainfall totals in several decades for many locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont