Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:20 PM

14 posts, read 48,063 times

Advertisements

Hey Jim, this is Morgan, great to see you're still kicking. How's things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 06:22 AM

3 posts, read 6,680 times
Thumbs up howdey,morgan

sure has been a long time brother.i,m doing ok just older, busted up and and not much wiser.i just started learning about computers a couple months ago,what a trip they are.been in n.m most of the years since i seen you last.got three sons their all grown and living here in fla, been here since oct visting them and my grandchildern.cant sit still much longer,the road still calls to me.so hows things going on your end? heared from any of the old crew? later...jim

Old 02-27-2013, 03:32 PM

14 posts, read 48,063 times
Default Times

Yeah computers are great. Went to a STp family gathering back in 2000 and chat with a few of them time to time. Don't know if you remember Sally, we were together when we were all staying in Preachers Cave in Arroyo Hondo when you and Bev were together. We had four kids, moved to Alaska and I lived there for 20 years. Then we got divorced and through the internet Abbe and I hooked back up. We've been together now to 13 years and living in Northern Cal. Sure have some great memories. Still have this mental picture of you and Bev walking at EPP when she was pregnant. You were so much taller and her belly was almost as big as she was tall. Ever come through Northern Cal give me a shout.

Morgan

Old 03-20-2013, 07:55 PM

82 posts, read 228,174 times
just filled my gas tank,,, going north east in a few hours,,,,,,, sq. jim,,, how's the roads ?

Old 03-20-2013, 11:44 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,932,038 times
On a scale of 1-10, I'd give em about a 5. Maybe a 6. Frost heaves galore up here right now.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:15 AM

say hey morgan, and you too jim,,,, or should i say gramps,, i'm startin to feel like we're in an AARP meeting,, then again,, i'm not the spring chicken i used to think i was,,,, my waist size keeps trying to catch up with my age,,, guess i won't see 34 again. and to my new friends; sqpeg,,, chadd,,,, nycvt,, a few more and we'll have a minyan. maybe roz and motormama will show up.. a few hours agoe, the half moon was out, now it's getting cloudy and colder ,,,, when i'm done writing this, i'll be east out of pennsylvania on rt.88,, gotta stop in albany a little bit, and then n.e.k. ,,,,,,,,,,, i'm starting to get tears in my eyes,,, a trip i've done a hundred times, [ out of long island ],, whether hitchhiking or driving,, i can still remember almost every foot and / or exit of it, throggs neck bridge,, 684 north to brewster,,, 84 east from danbury to hartford,,, 91 north ,, hartford,, thru springfield, mass, brattleboro,vt would be the halfway mark,,, keep going thru white river junction to saint johnsbury, / lyndonville,,, if i was hitching,,,, the last 90 miles would take longer than the whole ride,,,, many a nite i spent under an overpass on 91 north waiting for a car just to drive by,,, the same with rt. 114,, i'd usally make it to a hay field near burke for the nite till dawn,, and then get to island puddle next morning ,,,, but the last time was fifteen years agoe,,, i went to pick up my 'el caminoe' from some engine service,,, my pockets were filled with green, so i decided to test my rebuilt 350 by taking a long ride,,,, when i got to norton ,, i saw the gate blocking the road in, i parked by the train tracks and walked in and around for 3 or 4 hours,, didn't see anyone else at all,, i felt like crying,,,,, drove thru norton twice, real slow,,, didn't see anybody that looked like they were safe to talk to,,,, including the norton country store,,,, -- ' real's ' esso -- ,,, the same with isle pond,,,, nobody was out in the street to play with,,, maybe it was 30 years agoe,,,the newspapers were full of front page stories about a group of families that were very strick punishing their children, in a biblical way. some kinda cult of kosher jesus freaks, i didn't really pay any attention to the story, but after a few days,, i read one of the papers,, and it turned out to be happening in island pond. a couple of years later,,, i caught up with some of these people at the woodstock reunions,,, i told them i was from norton, and we talked about some of the people we both knew,,,

Last edited by pauljeep; 03-21-2013 at 12:46 AM..

Old 03-21-2013, 12:24 AM

hey sq.. thanks for getting back to me,,,, any chance of catching up ,,, how much notice would you need to meet in newport

Old 03-21-2013, 12:43 AM

morgn & jim,,,, if my memory serves me well,,, going up hill from the river,, there was a fork to the left, and when the new bridge was built,, the fork was widen a little bit by carving away the hill tree line ,,, the' hebe' would make his summer campsite on the top of the edge, and i kinda remember morgan hanging out in the tree line on the the lower side a few years earlier,,,, anyway,,, do either of youse remember hearing about a van being buried in the road,,,, -- this was before the new bridge was built,,, -- i think it was done by jeff & turtle, for some kind of root cellar,, by the by ,,,, any word on kenny carlson

Old 03-21-2013, 01:52 PM

4 posts, read 8,114 times
hey paul,been away from computers for a couple weeks.i dont remember any thing about a van,but i dont rember a lot of things if ya know what i mean.glad to hear your getting back on the road,sure wish i could,but gotta wait for awhile,G.O.V.T. crap! so it will be awhile befor i,ll be able to get to a comuter again.soooooo you take care and enjoy your TRIP. same too you morgan, i will be in touch as soon as i can. later, jim.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:30 PM

going north thru white river junction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont