Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 08:51 PM

155 posts, read 613,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv80s View Post
Vermont08, I just bought one of those Bundle Me seat covers for our daughter and it is so warm and cozy! She stays asleep in it even when we bring her carrier in the house. I'm also begining to notice that the cold is not as bad as I thought. When we first moved here it was freeeeezing!!! Now I'm getting use to it. I'm liking it a little more and my son loves playing in the snow.
I am glad the car seat cover worked out for you. What area did you move to? We plan to move to the Burlington area in the spring. Though my husband is already starting to apply for jobs in hopes of us moving sooner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 12:18 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Dress warm when it's cold out, less warm when it's less cold.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:56 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,857,813 times
Another tip to follow in addition to of course dressing in layers is to bring an extra wicking shirt, gloves, socks, and hat if you are going to be outside an extended period of time and active. Yesterday I went on a six mile snowshoe trip up to 2,700 feet from 1,300 feet elevation. The temperature dropped from 20 to 11 degrees and while on the move you stay warm from exercise, but from sweating and snowfall from tree boughs you will get damp to a degree so it's nice to be able to swap out the above mentioned items to stay comfortable. Also, bring water and snacks as it really does help in terms of keeping warm.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:12 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,074,604 times
Yesterday we were watching Man Vs. Wild (Bear was in Patagonia) and I kept saying (as a joke) hey it's Vermont...it annoyed my husband but still...

He got wet and had to get warm quickly so he did a few exercises naked in the snow! (seems to be one of his favorite tricks). So a good thing to remember is if you get wet, get naked and jog around. (Sorry, there will be no censor patches though).

Old 12-10-2007, 07:38 PM

46 posts, read 220,597 times
Quote:
Vermont08, I just bought one of those Bundle Me seat covers for our daughter and it is so warm and cozy! She stays asleep in it even when we bring her carrier in the house. I'm also begining to notice that the cold is not as bad as I thought. When we first moved here it was freeeeezing!!! Now I'm getting use to it. I'm liking it a little more and my son loves playing in the snow.
It gets much, much, much colder! Wait until Jan/Feb/March. It can get brutal. I'm not trying to be a downer, but 20* will feel warm soon! I remember a few years ago, the gas door flap on my truck froze, it was -40*
and I was out of gas at the gas station. I was so cold that I finally just broke the gas door off! It was that unbearable, dancing around kind of feeling, like when you have to pee and there's a line! Impossibly cold! Weird analogy, but that's how I think!
Also, I loved my Bundle Me, and I miss it this winter since he;s 15 months old and too big for it. I have seen a lot of them at Once Upon a Child (2nd hand) and they were super- cheap (like $10). I recommend them highly!

Old 12-11-2007, 04:12 PM

267 posts, read 1,835,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermont08 View Post
I am glad the car seat cover worked out for you. What area did you move to? We plan to move to the Burlington area in the spring. Though my husband is already starting to apply for jobs in hopes of us moving sooner.
We moved to Waterbury Center near Stowe. Nice area but a little touristy. I wish we could move to Burlington but my husbands job is in Waterbury and he doesn't like commuting. Lazy butt, hehe. Where are you moving from? Good luck with your move. I think you'll like it here

Old 12-11-2007, 09:51 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,825,213 times
LL Bean is great, both the wife and I have worked there, the wife 27 years. If you can get to a Bean Outlet Store, on the website for locations, great deals on stuff.

Sierra Trading Post - Save 35-70% on Famous Name Brands for great stuff at great prices. They are out of Cheyenne, Wyoming and have everything from coats to boots.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:54 AM

155 posts, read 613,974 times
Quote:
We moved to Waterbury Center near Stowe. Nice area but a little touristy. I wish we could move to Burlington but my husbands job is in Waterbury and he doesn't like commuting. Lazy butt, hehe. Where are you moving from? Good luck with your move. I think you'll like it here
We are moving from Owings Mills, MD. My husband is trying to find a job in the Burlington area in hopes of us moving by April.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:28 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron37 View Post
What kind of cold weather pants would you guys recommend? What kind are good for cross country skiing?

Also, any favorites on long undies?

LL Bean flannel lined jeans, oh sooo warm and comfy.......

Carrie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont