Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 10:41 PM

317 posts, read 749,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targo View Post
I find driving a black, full size, crew cab dully with a gun rack in the rear window that people tend to be less combative.
I drive a Chevy six liter but I have to believe I get more mpg that that Dually. I just carry Concealed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 11:53 AM

8,096 posts, read 10,136,695 times
I have made that run hundreds of times....coming off the Northway in Fort Anne and heading up to Stowe via 4/22a/7, and then 89 to 100.

You CAN make time up through there, but you need to be wary of the slow pokes messing with you, and the cops sitting here and there--especially in that one section where the speed limit drops from 55 to 30 for a couple hundred yards while going through Addison, IIRC. In their defense, I did surprise one of them going south one afternoon around Bridport. I don't know how fast I was going, but it was well over the speed limit....maybe 85 or so......and he was so shocked to see me, as I was to see him, that by the time he recovered it was too late to lock me in, so he just flashed his lights to let me know that in other circumstances, I would have been toast!

About the slowpokes......I truly believe they are oblivious. I drive a lot, and want to get where I am going. I don't think I drive dangerously (I am sure some will say just my speed is dangerous--but I am not one of those that weaves in and out, flashes their lights, uses the right lane to scoot ahead two car lengths, or drives like a Mercedes moron), but I want to get where I am going. I am VERY conscious of what i am doing, and what those around me are doing. I see all sorts of behaviors. Truly, I don't think many people behind the wheel are conscious of their actions. They don't realize there are cars around them, cars behind them, cars turning into and out of the traveling lanes. I truly believe that many people are oblivious to the vehicles and events around them as they motor along without a care in the world. If the road widens, they speed up because they intuitively are less scared. if the road narrows, or a truck appears, or the traffic gets heavy, they intuitively slow down--unconsciously reacting, but not really having a clue about what is happening around them.

Is it annoying, and dangerous? Yes, very. And for the life of me, I don't know how you wake them up without causing a wreck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont