Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 07:33 PM

894 posts, read 1,564,565 times

Advertisements

What VT product is better than a NY or NH product? Walmart and China together are a wage increase for Americans a dollar saved is two earned before taxes. Likewise the standard of living has gone up in China. Win win. Growing pains sure but the good old days that VTers pine for were filthy. Trade is great. Local = poverty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 08:41 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,800,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustmove View Post
What VT product is better than a NY or NH product? Walmart and China together are a wage increase for Americans a dollar saved is two earned before taxes. Likewise the standard of living has gone up in China. Win win. Growing pains sure but the good old days that VTers pine for were filthy. Trade is great. Local = poverty.
Oy es mir. No one has said a VT product is necessarily better than a NY or NH one. This post started because a corporate monster is attempting to prevent a VERMONT company from using the name VERMONSTER on one of it's brews, claiming that it confuses people when the time comes to buy a Monster power drink.

The US no longer engages in mutually beneficial trade. We produce very little which is shipped overseas in relation to that which we bring in. People have developed an insatiable appetite for cheap Made in China goods at Walmart which is great for the Chinese economy (all those lost American manufacturing jobs) and bad for us (low paying retail jobs in return.) This isn't growing pains, this isn't a win/win -- this is the potential death knell for many small American businesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustmove
For the previous ten years VT has had zero private sector job growth and last year VT lost 10,000 private sector jobs. I don't care if people want to make sacrifices to live in VT, I tried it and it wasn't for me. But again if it works for you go ahead. Please, please stop being dishonest about VT's employment opportunities. It is morally bankrupt to be dishonest about the economic situation in VT.
Rather than fight to improve the economic situation -- i.e. supporting small, locally owned businesses whenever finacially feasable -- you would rather complain that the state is in dire straights and oppose the state trying to preserve jobs by preserving the state brand. You do realize that some of those lost jobs you wrote about were lost when the NC company bought out GMG, don't you?

Old 10-14-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vette View Post
If they only moved to Colorado, NC or Ga then they could have kept the name Green Mountain. Each has a Green Mountain as well as businesses named Green Mountain(_________). Just having a little fun.
20 lashes with a wet taco chip from NC for you!

Old 10-15-2009, 03:25 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,896,761 times
Quote:
Please note that Hansen Beverage Company presently has not filed a
lawsuit against Rock Art Brewery, LLC.

Hansen had sent a "cease and desist" letter to Rock Art Brewery on
September 4, 2009, after learning that Rock Art had filed an
application to register a federal trademark throughout the United
States in connection with "Vermonster" in July 2009.

In order to protect Hansen's valuable Monster Energy(R) trademarks,
Hansen is legally obliged to, and routinely sends, cease and desist
letters to any entity and person who use or attempt to register similar
trademarks for products that are similar or related to Monster(R)
products.

Please see the attached response from Hansen Beverage Company about the
cease and desist letter sent to Vermonster.

Regards,

Consumer Relations
Hansen Beverage Company
I appreciate the response, but not sure I see the relationship between Monster(R) drinks, which are: 1) Available in aluminum cars only 2) Not an alcoholic beverage, and therefore not sold in the same section of any store 3) Name not really that close.... albeit one containing the other. We all know Vermonster is a sundae none of us could ever finish

Old 10-21-2009, 07:38 PM

11,763 posts, read 14,704,928 times
Default THE LATEST: The monster backed down!

Good news from Morrisville. According to VPR, the bullies who make Monster Energy Drink have agreed to stop hassling local heroes Rock Art for their Vermonster brew.

Green Mountain Daily:: What's the Monster Afraid Of?

Old 10-21-2009, 11:32 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,842,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Good news from Morrisville. According to VPR, the bullies who make Monster Energy Drink have agreed to stop hassling local heroes Rock Art for their Vermonster brew.

Green Mountain Daily:: What's the Monster Afraid Of?
I noticed on the Facebook page there are 16,000 members in about a week from all over the country. It wasn't a question of if Monster would crawl away with their tails between their legs but when.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:44 PM

I am one of those 16K members. I had taken the time to let them know that the OBH has boycotted their product in support of Rock Art, and that OBH's teenage son has spread the boycott word to his teenage friends. Also made Hansen beverage aware of the fact that I live in the shadow of a large public university -- the type of place where kids gulp down energy drinks -- and that through multiple connections I can spread the word on campus with ease.

Hansen Beverage underestimated the power of the public and the value of grass roots campaigning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont