Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 01:37 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times

Advertisements

Heh I spoke to soon anyways. Looks like glass cannon builds are out and resist builds are in after this patch. Have to wait to get home to see for myself.

Yeah I hard they nerfed whymshire, but honestly i was getting sick of doing it.

Ill report back tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 02:55 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,438,973 times
Not only whimsy, but the whole game. Chests/bodies/urns/etc. no longer are affected by magic find.

I just talked to my brother, he said he died 3 times and his repair bill was over 16k

Old 06-19-2012, 04:53 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,585,020 times
I died once trying the Butcher for fun today. 17k was the repair bill. Not happy.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:21 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,200,392 times
Havent really played the new patch, but it looks like they went in the wrong direction with the game.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Havent really played the new patch, but it looks like they went in the wrong direction with the game.
How so?

Old 06-20-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
How so?
Well, they destroyed magic find, destroyed repetive quest runs, made it completely useless to pop barrels and what not (why are they even in the game then?), they actually improved the intellegence of minor bosses (who already had pathing good enough to follow you around a whole stage and run right by your "ally" in order to target you), and it seems like they improved many of the major bosses as well.

The only positive they did was take down the damage of 3 of the 4 inferno acts.

If I were to suggest where they SHOULD have taken the game, it would have been to completely redo the minor boss bonus roles.

I have pretty much given up playing the game at this point because Im tired of being followed around by a pack of minor bosses at break neck speed who have invincibility, extra life, and a fun one like leech or chains, and can kill you in one or two hits.

The only possible solution to a pack like that is to kite them out of the way and hope there is enough real estate between where you need to be and their site line to just run by them.

Why are there monsters in the game who you have little to no reasonable chance to kill? What is the point of that? And now I read that theyve actually improved their pathing as well?

Old 06-20-2012, 03:29 PM

What point in the game are you currently in?

Old 06-21-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
What point in the game are you currently in?
End of act 1 on hell.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:22 AM

If you're having issues in anything other than a2 inferno and up, you've got gear issues. Last night I went from the end of a2 to the beginning of a4 (in hell) in about 2 hours with extremely minimal effort.

If you're lvl 49-50ish, buy a weapon with reduced lvl req....I've been doing about 30k dps since I was 49, I have been one-shotting every mob I see, lols.

I've been really enjoying the improved pathing and improved AI they implemented, it's making nm/hell much more fun instead of just rolling my face on the keyboard, I actually have to use more than one skill to avoid damage. I will be in inferno on my DH tonight, so I will see how I like it there, but where I am now (beginning of a4 hell) I'm wrecking faces and having a really good time vaulting/SSing out of the way of danger.

If you have fraps you should post a vid of what is happening on your end, but I'm about 90% sure it's just a gear thing, or maybe skill build but there is a lot of room for diversity on that end.

I agree that they nerfed the barrels/pots/etc. for the wrong reasons. Instead of just banning and finding ways to detect gold botters, they just removed what they were botting. Works for them but it makes searching/breaking/opening a lot less interesting and practically unneeded now. Even weapon racks don't drop weapons all the time anymore. Whaaaat?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
If you're having issues in anything other than a2 inferno and up, you've got gear issues. Last night I went from the end of a2 to the beginning of a4 (in hell) in about 2 hours with extremely minimal effort.

If you're lvl 49-50ish, buy a weapon with reduced lvl req....I've been doing about 30k dps since I was 49, I have been one-shotting every mob I see, lols.
Working on the weapon, have to unload this windforce first to buy one though. I figure I can probably double my weapon damage for between 150-250k, which would probably put it at around 11k-14k.

However, other than the weapon, I have 27k+ life, and I dont know my armor off the top of my head, but I do know my damage reduce for level 53 monsters is 42%. I mean, my armor has to be over 1k, no problem. Just my boots helm and chest are pushing 800.

I think the problem is that even those little spiders in the spider queens den are doing like 6-8k damage per hit. One resplendent potion doesnt even refill one spider hit, and the potion has a huge cool down (which I have no clue why they even put that in the game for health potions, being able to gobble health potions was huge in Diablo II)

Quote:
If you have fraps you should post a vid of what is happening on your end, but I'm about 90% sure it's just a gear thing, or maybe skill build but there is a lot of room for diversity on that end.
Not having a problem in "general", my bow is a little weak, but most things so far I kill in 3 or 4 shots and if I could run in to a boss monster pack like the ones Im talking about, I would gladly video it.

I dont know if anyone else has ran in to one of the packs Im talking about, fast/invicibility and then something like chains/vampire, but Ive found no way to handle this outside of trying to get them stuck in a doorway. You cant even really kite them, because they are so fast that you cant get far enough away from them to make an attack without getting hit for 10k+ damage. Your ally is absolutely useless because its like hes not even there, they just ignore him.

That brings me to another problem......why is a kiting glass cannon the only way to possibly deal with anything past nightmare?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games