Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 06:40 PM

830 posts, read 1,022,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
No its the truth and the post is pure gold

People in the south bend over for local corruption that type of thing would never happen in NH
That's precious! So I suppose that NY, NJ, PA, Mass, etc are pictures of virtuous, corruption-free gov't? More like corruption so permeates Northeastern government at all levels that no one bats an eye - there are so many examples. Virginia believes in adherence to the law. This is not some backwater. You follow the law and respect the safety of others or face the consequences, end of story. Even the governor can't escape that reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 07:16 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,021,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquest1 View Post
That's precious! So I suppose that NY, NJ, PA, Mass, etc are pictures of virtuous, corruption-free gov't? More like corruption so permeates Northeastern government at all levels that no one bats an eye - there are so many examples. Virginia believes in adherence to the law. This is not some backwater. You follow the law and respect the safety of others or face the consequences, end of story. Even the governor can't escape that reality.
I base my comments on trends I see in the news and listening to other people. It isn't a fact only my impressions

Here are a couple of examples of local government tyranny

Asset forfeitures: in TX, TN

Show Me The Money: Civil Asset Forfeiture in Tennessee - Tennessee Trial Lawyers Blog

Taken - The New Yorker

Town in FL is dissolved over police corruption in notorious speed trap:
Lawmakers look to dissolve corrupt Florida town with one cop for every 25 residents

Meanwhile in NH:
Towns Say 'No Tanks' to Militarized Police - WSJ

I think overall the south has a much bigger problem than new england

Old 10-29-2014, 07:45 PM

444 posts, read 583,042 times
Shall We Continue?

North Carolina
Roy Williams of North Carolina Tar Heels 'worried sick' about NCAA investigation into academic scandal - ESPN

Virginia Watch Dog:
VA Speed Traps Endanger Motorists

Did I forget to Mention:
Why the South is the worst place to live in the U.S.

Oops:
Charlotte Mayor Scandal

Meanwhile in New England:
4 New England States in Top 10 for Quality of Life | NECN

Listen, I love VA. My GF is from Harrisonburg and went to VT. We are thinking about moving back there...it is just as beautiful if not more than New England...a million times better than NC....but the traffic police need to get a life.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:07 PM

867 posts, read 1,399,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
No its the truth and the post is pure gold

People in the south bend over for local corruption that type of thing would never happen in NH
Surely you jest. From Jersey to Boston corruption is a way of life...that's how ethnic mafias can easily exist there. This is Virginia. You keep talkin about "the South" ...in VIRGINIA ...ya azz is going to jail when you break the law. Ask ex-Governor McDonnell and his wife about Virginia. And then go and ask Gov. Christie(NJ) what happened to the billion dollars for hurricane Sandy relief victims? Ask the NYPD about their stop and frisk policies and several other antics. And from the looks of it, it looks like there are high level politicians in Mass. giving testimonies for immunity right now. "Corruption trials shed light on blood money flowing through Massachusetts DCF, Courts." Three House speakers in a row have been convicted of crimes...in Mass. Its funny how much stuff comes up when you google corruption in Mass. And no disrespect but there aren't even many people or much people traffic through New Hampshire to begin with...yet there still seems there are issues of extortion rampant round there.

Next time you should specify where you're talkin about and leave your judgments there...Virginia is Virginia, not "people in the south." But your neighbors should give you more than enough to worry about than worrying about whats going on down this way. SMH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquest1 View Post
I couldn't rep again yet so, +2.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:34 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,262,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavySeal77 View Post
I was not a Navy Seal. But I was an officer in the VT ARNG. I wasn't creative enough the day I signed up. With that being said, for having been a representative of the State of VA (or so you claim) you sure have a big mouth. If you'd like I'd be happy to show you a copy of my DD214's, Guard Separation Papers, Honorable Discharge Certificate, and valid military ID (which never expires for officers) with my picture and O-2 Rank.
Settle down Nancy.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:01 PM

22 posts, read 60,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poquoson7 View Post
Your thought process is ridiculous, unacceptable and quite honestly baffling.
Because I don't agree with you? Seriously? Troll.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:09 AM

998 posts, read 1,252,516 times
Really, name calling? I don't agree with you because your post has no substance and is not based on facts, its a rant.

Last edited by Poquoson7; 11-01-2014 at 03:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia