Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: how long will the judge put him in jail?
less than 1 month? 5 19.23%
more than 1 month? 1 3.85%
more than 2 months? 1 3.85%
more than 3 months? 19 73.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 07:32 AM

137 posts, read 218,537 times

Advertisements

^ OP. Agreeing that original post, was a troll post in response to the other other thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 550 times
Hi, I'm only 17 and received a reckless driving charge. It was my first ticket ever. My record is clean I am a straight A student, and am applying to UVA to aspire to be a surgeon. I'm scared to death because this misdemeanor could ruin all the hard work I have been pushing myself for since elementary school. I was an idiot, I know, I have been dying from guilt and the fact that I know I have completely lost all trust from my parents. Plus they are punishing me harshly (as I know I deserve). I was on 64 east heading home from Harrisonburg Va. I was visiting my sister for her birthday at JMU. I was very nervous and had been going at a cautious speed for 4 hours. I had been driving through 70 mph zones all day, and I honestly thought I was still on one. Talking with my boyfriend, I moved to the HOV lane in order to avoid most of the traffic because I was too nervous to be around so many cars. I wasn't looking at the speedometer, the speed of traffic was with me and I figured if I'm in a 70 there's no way I can be going too fast. The cop got me going 85 in a 60. An awfull awful speed I know, but I honestly had no idea that's what I was doing. The cop Yelled at me, explained I could've murdered both my boyfriend and I, then handed me the reckless driving. I'm so so so worried!! My father hired a lawyer and we're going to try to get the charges Atleast not a misdemeanor. Its bad enough I'm costing my parents a ton of money, and I'm trying my best to pay them back. But now I could ruin my entire future. Does anyone know if there's hope for me?

Old 12-15-2014, 10:50 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,096,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
This thread should be locked...the poster is most likely a troll...
Agree. Try capitalizing Marines when you pretend to be in the marines.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan893 View Post
Hi, I'm only 17 and received a reckless driving charge. It was my first ticket ever. My record is clean I am a straight A student, and am applying to UVA to aspire to be a surgeon. I'm scared to death because this misdemeanor could ruin all the hard work I have been pushing myself for since elementary school. I was an idiot, I know, I have been dying from guilt and the fact that I know I have completely lost all trust from my parents. Plus they are punishing me harshly (as I know I deserve). I was on 64 east heading home from Harrisonburg Va. I was visiting my sister for her birthday at JMU. I was very nervous and had been going at a cautious speed for 4 hours. I had been driving through 70 mph zones all day, and I honestly thought I was still on one. Talking with my boyfriend, I moved to the HOV lane in order to avoid most of the traffic because I was too nervous to be around so many cars. I wasn't looking at the speedometer, the speed of traffic was with me and I figured if I'm in a 70 there's no way I can be going too fast. The cop got me going 85 in a 60. An awfull awful speed I know, but I honestly had no idea that's what I was doing. The cop Yelled at me, explained I could've murdered both my boyfriend and I, then handed me the reckless driving. I'm so so so worried!! My father hired a lawyer and we're going to try to get the charges Atleast not a misdemeanor. Its bad enough I'm costing my parents a ton of money, and I'm trying my best to pay them back. But now I could ruin my entire future. Does anyone know if there's hope for me?
No different than the three thousand previous message/thread posters. There is nothing different in your case than what's already been posted in other threads and similar situation. There is already a thread with over 70 pages of similar speeders and those that wrote advice on what is next for those that asked similar questions.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:44 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,250,535 times
Jordan. You followed the advice we typically give. You've hired an attorney. Hopefully one familiar with traffic court for J&DR and one the prosecutors like. That said, I would wager this will be reduced to improper driving or speeding once it's all said and done. But one thing to know. This type of conviction (RD) will not stop you from getting in a college nor hurt your chance for jobs. I've known police officers who had RD convictions on their records as teens or young adults. As long as they went clean for several years afterwards and didn't have a lot of tickets before the RD it wouldn't stop them from being hired if everything else was good.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:48 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,250,535 times
Don't you just love wasting your time answering someone's question on here only to have them not come back and acknowledge? Gets old sometimes.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Don't you just love wasting your time answering someone's question on here only to have them not come back and acknowledge? Gets old sometimes.
I agree. Is there any new scenarios when it comes to driving fast, reckless, and distracted? We've already covered every conceivable option of which is mostly "get an attorney". I think original posters lurk and read the recommendations but simply lack social media courtesy to say thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia