Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: how long will the judge put him in jail?
less than 1 month? 5 19.23%
more than 1 month? 1 3.85%
more than 2 months? 1 3.85%
more than 3 months? 19 73.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 10,037 times

Advertisements

Hi I have already been convicted of reckless driving 2 times, first time i was doing 96 MPH in a 55 MPH zone on route 66 and i got 5 days in jail and 6 months license suspended, 2nd time my car flipped over on route 50 and i smashed into the incoming lane 4-5 cars in june 16th 06 and almost killed a dozen people, i got 3 months in jail, 6 months license suspended and 1000 $ fine. NOW i got another reckless driving ticket on a RESTRICTED LICENSE 83 MPH in a 55 MPH zone on loudoun county parkway, hmm what do you think is going to happen? its 28 miles over the speed limit and reckless is 20? lord man i know i sound like an idiot. but honestly i dont drive to hurt people plus im in the marines im a good person by heart just stupid mistakes? but like how much time do you think ill be doing in jail now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 11:29 PM

474 posts, read 1,260,224 times
Default What Happens When You Get Behind the Wheel?

I don't have to tell you that you are looking at very serious consequences.

You must surely be aware you have some issues when you get behind the wheel. You need to get behind the bottom of whatever it is--anger, rage, stress--that makes you transfer it to an inanimate object. I don't mean to be judgmental but from the above, you have made your auto into a deadly weapon. Please get the psychological help you need before an innocent person is killed or paralyzed.

If you are a good person at heart it does not reflect in your driving. Please get help in working out whatever turns you from a marine-someone people look up to--to a real danger behind the wheel. I'm sure you are a good person and just by admitting the above is a big step towards resolving your problems.

But then again my guess is you already know the score. Please gain control of your "demons", or consider giving up driving. You don't want to have the death or injuries of others on your conscience.

Good luck to you.

P.S. What kind of vehicle are you driving? Some tend to encourage drivers to rev up once they hit the highways.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:26 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,192 times
Please just don't drive, ever again. I really do mean that in the kindest, most caring sort of way.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:20 AM

743 posts, read 3,900,635 times
For some reason I doubt you're in the Marines... especially after 3 months in jail. And if you are, I'd hope they would kick you out after this.

I speed as well, but I at least try to keep it under 80, and go with the flow of traffic. If anything, I think someone going 65 when everyone else is going 75 has more of a chance of causing an accident, than if they were going 75 with the rest of traffic. But once you get into the high 80's and 90's... there's no reason for that.

If you really must go fast, then why not take your car to one of those race tracks that let you race your personal vehicle?

And I think reckless driving in a 65 MPH zone is 80 MPH or higher... it's more strict on the highway.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:07 PM

50 posts, read 213,301 times
Not buying this one. The Marines have ways to deal with this sort of behavior. It's called the Uniform Code of Military Justice. And that's after the senior non-coms get through with him. He'd of been processed out of the Marines by now, or would be under such tight control, he'd wish he was out.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:57 AM

267 posts, read 1,674,621 times
I need to check with my DH who is an O-6 in the Navy (I know how he'd deal with it - demotion and loss of pay at Captain's mast) and see what the UCMJ says. I personally think the minimum should be time in jail and loss of license for a couple of years until intense driving instruction is done and you GROW UP! I also don't buy the "good person" routine. A truly, good responsible adult without a previous record would not have done time for the so-called "first" offense mentioned. My guess is there are other things we are not being told and this is someone who doesn't take responsiblity for their actions. AND, BTW, you are driving to hurt people by the way you have driven. You'd think flipping the car into oncoming traffic might have made an impact on you, but obviously it didn't. You wouldn't want me to be the judge. BTW, how old are you?

Old 06-22-2007, 10:03 AM

414 posts, read 2,280,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky65 View Post
Hi I have already been convicted of reckless driving 2 times, first time i was doing 96 MPH in a 55 MPH zone on route 66 and i got 5 days in jail and 6 months license suspended, 2nd time my car flipped over on route 50 and i smashed into the incoming lane 4-5 cars in june 16th 06 and almost killed a dozen people, i got 3 months in jail, 6 months license suspended and 1000 $ fine. NOW i got another reckless driving ticket on a RESTRICTED LICENSE 83 MPH in a 55 MPH zone on loudoun county parkway, hmm what do you think is going to happen? its 28 miles over the speed limit and reckless is 20? lord man i know i sound like an idiot. but honestly i dont drive to hurt people plus im in the marines im a good person by heart just stupid mistakes? but like how much time do you think ill be doing in jail now?
You need to consult and retain an attorney! You will be better off having your licensed suspended for 10 years or so. Because it doesn't seem like you are learning your lesson. Fairfax County and Fairfax City are extremely tough against motor vehicle offenses like the ones you've committed.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:04 PM

474 posts, read 1,260,224 times
Default Anywhere Would Be Tough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
You need to consult and retain an attorney! You will be better off having your licensed suspended for 10 years or so. Because it doesn't seem like you are learning your lesson. Fairfax County and Fairfax City are extremely tough against motor vehicle offenses like the ones you've committed.
It is well to note that driving is a PRIVILEGE, not a right. An automobile is classified as a dangerous weapon. It can kill as easily as a gun. I think a lot of people don't give that much thought when they get behind the wheel.

Due to my family's financial circumstances, I did not get a license until I was 22 yrs. old. First car when I was 25. I spent years knowing what it was like not to be able to drive around. Each time now that I get behind the wheel I still get this feeling that it is a wonderful thing to be able to have a car and go anywhere I please. I have never taken it for granted.

Remember, you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone!

This person needs to take a hiatus from driving to understand what the psychological reason is behind speeding and driving to recklessly. There are definite issues here that aren't directly related to driving per se.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:32 PM

5,341 posts, read 14,138,219 times
Hopefully about 1 year in jail and a revoked license for 5 to 10 until you grow up and/or learn how to how to operate a motor vehicle.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:33 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,886,424 times
Quote:
It is well to note that driving is a PRIVILEGE, not a right
I whole heartedly agree.
So many young people have such a sense of entilement these days. At 16 you aren't entitled to get a license and a new car! You are very lucky to have the PRIVILEGE to get a license and have a ar acessable to drive. I did get my license at 16, I had to pay my own auto insurance. I bought my own car when I was 20. (a used beater, ugly thing, but I loved the freedom it gave me!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia