Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 10:46 PM

5 posts, read 15,274 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any experience with Camden Fallsgrove or Post Fallsgrove???? I read so many mixed reviews online about both and wasn't sure if anyone would recommend one over the other.

I am trying to find an apartment in the next week...I checked out a few in Kings Farm and while they were nice they seemed outdated, especially the kitchens.

Any other recommendations? I really like Rockville and wanted to try and find something in that area. I also checked out the Fenestra apartments in the Rockville Town Square but they are extremely over priced for the sq feet you are getting. You obviously are paying for the location but I think the noise would bother me eventually, especially considering the fact that they are opening 2 bars soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 07:41 AM

703 posts, read 2,942,614 times
We looked at Post Fallsgrove when we were looking, but did not like it. It's a HUGE community, so parking will always be an issue. It's also located in an extremely busy area and being located across the street from the hospital, noise (helicopter, ambulances, etc.) was a concern. We were also put off by the cost of the rent for such a small place. I believe there may be additional expenses beyond the rent (i.e. Trash fee is extra, amenities fee of $400, controlled access fob fee of $50, and pet deposits are quite high).

Take a look at this previous thread: Rockville area - safety questions for specific area/apartments

Old 06-12-2012, 10:10 AM

5 posts, read 15,274 times
Thanks for the info...I read the previous thread about the noise issues from the hospital, I was unaware of that. I don't know if I can check it out before I move since I am currently in AZ I checked out a few this past weekend but didn't have a chance to check out everything I was interested in.

Camden Fallsgrove seemed nice but didn't have some things that I was looking for but I guess there are pros/cons to everything.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:29 AM

370 posts, read 1,564,624 times
Sorry to see you go. Rockville is a nice area but I think before you get apartment recommendations you need to consider where you will work or go to school or ? Transportation may be your second concern. As a general rule the closer to DC or the Metro, the higher the rental price. Things cool off as you move north towards Gaithersburg or east to Takoma Park/Silver SPring or outside of the Beltway. It sounds like you are checking out apartmentratings.com. I like looking through Craigslist, too. Happy hunting!

Old 06-18-2012, 06:04 AM

1 posts, read 5,666 times
I moved from FL to Rockville in 2008. I've lived at Post Fallsgrove going on 4 years now. I really like it there. I, too, checked apartmentratings.com when I was looking to move up here. At the time, Post Fallsgrove had a decent rating. I haven't checked recently. I have a 2/2 apt. & live on the top floor. The 1 bedroom apts. are very small though (under 800 sq. ft.) My 2/2's 1100 sq. ft. My first apt. was on the 2nd floor facing the hospital & Shady Grove Rd. It was very noisy there, but I didn't know any better at the time. If having neighbors above bothers you (as it does me), I'd recommend getting a top floor apt. The floors are not concrete. They're wood. I agree with nightnurse613 about considering where you'll work, etc. My job's in DC & I drive. It's not bad if you leave before 7 am & leave work before 5. I also have a pet. I agree the pet fee is high, but I think my dog's worth it. It's a very pet-friendly neighborhood. So far I think the management/maintenance staff at Fallsgrove is awesome. I haven't had any problems with them (knock on wood). Maybe it depends on the bldg. you're in & when you're coming home, but I haven't had too much of a problem with parking. I've had to park a little farther out when I come home past 10 pm, but that's about it. Good luck with your search.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 AM

23 posts, read 72,593 times
I used to live in Camden Fallsgrove. I lived there for five years before moving to my own home in Germantown. Bottom line, I love the community. Sort of miss it as well. However, in my opinion, Camden is not keeping up with maintenance the way they did when I moved into the community in 2006. As of 2012, things are still nice, but for the money you pay, I expect maintenance to be more proactive. BUT, I loveeeed living there, and if I needed to move into an apt...would probably move there again.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:54 AM

2 posts, read 8,786 times
I'm thinking about moving to Camden Fallsgrove but wanted to check with you and see from your past experience (if you've lived there), what was your electricity and water bill like? I've read on different websites that the electricity bill is outrageous, some said it was typical. I'd like to hear from you.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:45 PM

6 posts, read 13,017 times
I lived in Camden Fallsgrove before building in the Parklands neighborhood. Moved out of there in March of this year.

They're currently upgrading all their kitchens to granite and stainless steel appliances from a really, really dated look. I imagine most of that is done by now though.

For me and the girlfriend the water bill was maybe $40 a month. Electricity? I think the most we paid (for a bottom level, attached garage, 2 bedroom, one of which was never used but for guests and closet space) was probably $160, but we really didn't run the heat (used the gas fireplace instead). Gas was never more than $60.

Where they kind of nickle and dime you is in the "valet trash service," we were close to the dumpsters so it was kind of a waste. Basic TV is included and you pay for that, but you end up having to get internet so you basically get charged twice. Parking can be an issue too, not enough spots, especially around the corners.

Maintenance? Meh, they were nice and got things done eventually.

But from a convenience standpoint it's pretty solid. Park across the street was great for the dog, walking distance to Safeway/banks/Chipotle, etc., easy on/off the highway.

Have to kind of agree with the above, it's expensive, but I don't think it wasn't worth it. About as hassle free as you can get.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:18 PM

18 posts, read 37,693 times
Have you looked at Avalon Communities? There are a couple around the area - one near Darnestown Road and antoher near Decoverly. Both are nice. We live in the former and have enjoyed the place a lot in the several months we've been here.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,431 times
The first year I lived at Post Fallsgrove I loved it. But once I renewed my lease the trouble began. The second year I upgraded to a larger apartment. The leaseing office refused to fix things that were not correct from day one. So I did not fuss about it because I like the location. However, last month the apartment above me became vacant. The power was turned off and the pipes froze. (Post was suppose to have the power on in the vacant apartment) Due to the frozen pipes I was without water. I reported it, and nothing was done. Later that night I was without heat when it was 10 degrees outside. The heating system has to have running water to function properly. No water = No heat
So again I reported this and nothing was done. Until the next day when a pipe busted in the apartment above me. They came out and said, Well the pipes are not frozen anymore so you will have heat and water soon. Great!! Two hours later water started popping out of the ceiling in every direction. My whole apartment was flooded and everything I owned was a total loss. My renters insurance has put me up at a hotel which is where I have been for 4 weeks now. Post has done nothing to show the least bit of concern. Except to ask if I would like to pay my rent or to leave!!
I like the location and the schools in the area but the ladies that work in the leasing office have zero customer service skills and are simple not nice people. For the amount of money that they charge for the apartments, go rent a house. I will not be renewing my lease.

Tonya
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland