Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 01:45 PM

7,085 posts, read 9,606,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh56 View Post
FL is nice to visit, but no geographic diversity like here in MD or CA which is pretty cool IMO.
Miami is pretty diverse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 02:15 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,890,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Miami is pretty diverse.
I'm referring to the geographic/topography aspect (mountains, hills, and maybe to some extent, forestry) not racial/ethnic (already knew that).

Old 10-03-2012, 08:36 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,102,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molukai View Post
The unique 'fun' things to do in DC will wear off after a few months. After that, your everyday 'fun' things to do (i.e. going to sports games, going to play productions, going to the park, etc) are a dime a dozen in cities across the country -- many of which offer a much better quality of life than DC.

Goodluck. You'll need it.
Here is a list of the 226 top attractions in Washington DC (They are listed in order of popularity with the highest first).

Things to do in Washington DC: Check out 365 Washington DC Attractions - TripAdvisor

Old 10-10-2012, 11:15 AM

1,261 posts, read 700,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl15 View Post
So Wash., DC sounds a lot like NYC. I would love a walking city, with lots of fun things to do.
I dont think we really have a " walking city" yet....some submarkets are upgrading, Adams Morgan, China Town...but DC is still evolving

Old 10-10-2012, 02:15 PM

200 posts, read 293,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Rock View Post
I dont think we really have a " walking city" yet....some submarkets are upgrading, Adams Morgan, China Town...but DC is still evolving

I you like to "hike" DC might be a nice walking city as most places of interest are more easily reached by Metro or taxi. I use to walk from DuPont circle to Georgetown or the White House everyday during my lunch break when I worked downtown. There is a lot of ground to cover by foot but if you want the exercise it's yours for the taking.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:40 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,237,798 times
I'm 55. I used to live in the DC area, and I think about moving back. If I do, I will try to live in Cleveland Park, a DC neighborhood with a lot of long-time residents and retirement-age people. It feels more like a real town where people raise kids and there's a history. So much of the rest of DC feels transient, occupied by young strivers who do nothing but work and hang out with their own kind. It's an expensive part of the city, but beautiful and walkable, with good transit.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
I'm 55. I used to live in the DC area, and I think about moving back. If I do, I will try to live in Cleveland Park, a DC neighborhood with a lot of long-time residents and retirement-age people. It feels more like a real town where people raise kids and there's a history. So much of the rest of DC feels transient, occupied by young strivers who do nothing but work and hang out with their own kind. It's an expensive part of the city, but beautiful and walkable, with good transit.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Don't forget the best city, San Francisco.
SF, NYC and DC are the 3 best cities in the USA???!!!

Wow I guess all of the land in the middle is useless topsoil, right?

Old 10-14-2012, 09:12 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,890,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoreater View Post
SF, NYC and DC are the 3 best cities in the USA???!!!

Wow I guess all of the land in the middle is useless topsoil, right?
Well keep in mind this is the same poster who said this about firefighters:
//www.city-data.com/forum/25754024-post10.html

Quote:
All I see is firefighters do all day is sit on their thumbs or work out all day while they wait for that one false fire alarm going off. Same with cops issuing speeding tickets or cruising around in their cars. Most don't have a college degree and no other skills.
Also, I doubt he has any knowledge about these cities and even the people on those boards grill him for making their cities look bad.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:08 PM

513 posts, read 963,894 times
ATL and Florida has cheap housing. DC is just very expensive to "Start Over". Unless you have alot of money and a good job tying you here, I would look at places like West Palm Beach Florida which a good social dating scene for over 40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland