Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 10:42 PM

575 posts, read 554,620 times

Advertisements

What's funny is that potheads claim weed has medicinal uses when it doesn't. "Relieving the pain" isn't helping anybody and it's dangerous to put carcinogens in your body.

But because most pot supporters are either: ignorant, on welfare, attended a Liberal Arts School or are just plain dumb, I wouldn't expect them to understand the side effects or medical jargon. It's too complex for their drug-laden brains to handle.

This is why you should never do drugs and telling kids it's somehow okay to smoke pot (defined as a Class-A Controlled Substance by the FDA), is very dangerous.

But these are the same people who believe in the "Everybody gets a trophy..." BS. Why am I not surprised; this country is becoming a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 08:30 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh56 View Post
We need better education when it comes to drugs. Drugs like heroin did have medicinal use back in time in other countries but like I mentioned before, the banning of a substance is only going to promote more usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Now that you mention it... how about if we just RE-medicalize it?
Return it's distribution to Pharmacists and set it's ab/users under the care of physicians...
as the social welfare issue such abuse is.

No more cops -no more courts -no more prisons -no more terrorist funding -no more street crime
That works out just fine for me.

Back on point:
All natural state agricultural product should be legal by default.
Want to have some light handed supervision? OK, sure.
Think USDA and County Extension Agents though.

That whole cops and courts thing just doesn't work.
It never has and it never will.

Don't count on getting much if any tax money out of MJ.
If it was practical to tax... it would have happened a long time ago.

Demand:
Most people aren't likely to need or want very much (if it's any good)
Aside from the frat-house stoner type I can't see many going through more than a couple of pinches
in a vaporizer a few times a week. What does that add up to... about an ounce per year? Per YEAR.

Supply:
The market price of the product has no reason to cost any more than asparagus does now...
or maybe coffee for one of the imports. If you're paying attention that's $1 stinking dollar per ounce.

Taxation:
Even with a 500% excise/sin tax rate.. that still has most retail users spending all of $5 a year.
Even at three times these estimates it's still less than $20 a year... Big woop.
Actually heroin is legal BUT:

1. It is not called "heroin".

2. It is only administered for medical use under the chemical name "diamorphine".

Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,884,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoreater View Post
Define "Pothead".
Given how defensive he is, he probably smokes a lot himself.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Given how defensive he is, he probably smokes a lot himself.
Actually, I don't smoke at all; that includes Pot, Cigs, Cigars or any other drug that can be inhaled or smoked.

I'm drug free and the only drugs I take are those prescribed to me.

But please continue attacking my character. It shows that you have no argument....how sad.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:51 PM

200 posts, read 293,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderBryce View Post
Actually, I don't smoke at all; that includes Pot, Cigs, Cigars or any other drug that can be inhaled or smoked.

I'm drug free and the only drugs I take are those prescribed to me.

But please continue attacking my character. It shows that you have no argument....how sad.

Truth be told and known by anyone reading, you were the one who jumped everyone else, attacking character while calling folks names. Go back and read through these pages and see the antagonist is you.

Keep taking your prescribed meds the FDA approved for use. Be a good drone and accept whatever THEY tell you. All the ADD kids - that didn't exist when I was young - are taking speed and that's good for them, right? DARE must be your litmus test. I have no idea what it is and don't care. It was likely implemented by the Federal government as part of their failed war on drugs so you kiddies know they blow tons of money for nothing.

Type this phrase into Google and read. "marijuana shrinks tumors" You will find there isn't a solitary hit but dozens all alluding to the fact. I guess the same doubts were made about aspirin, penicillin, giving speed to ADD kids, opiates for pain relief and any other substances that have proven to be medically beneficial.

If that isn't enough to fill your head remember no one has ever died from using marijuana. How many people die from tobacco and alcohol on a yearly basis? Car accidents? Snake bites, bee stings, tripping and falling down? Wow, you could fill your head with real problems but you keep riding that old dead horse portrayed in the movie "Reefer Madness" and continue to beat it in step with the people loving US government. We all know they are looking out for our best interest.

Remember that caffeine next time you have a cup o coffee or soda.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:23 PM

200 posts, read 293,226 times
Quote:
I wasn't smoking pot because unlike his ghetto, degenerate self, I was educated by the great folk at D.A.R.E. And if you must know, I was asleep during this whole fiasco. The police came and knocked on the damn door at 3 AM and woke me the hell up.

BTW, I don't buy your "everybody is doing it...." argument, well fallacy, I should say. I call BS, because smoking marijuana is a felony and against the law. Now, it may be legal over in Ultra PC World and Liberal Land on the Left Coast and mind you, they're blatantly going against the wishes of the Federal Government and so is anybody in those states wish chooses to smoke a joint, but here in the great state of Maryland, it's illegal and it will remain so for the foreseeble future.

Legalizing drugs offers no tangible benefits except for the criminals and illegals which you yourself seem to dispise with a passion. If you enjoy the drug cartels chopping off heads, then we should legalize pot, because the War on Drugs, is the ONLY thing that's keeping them from doing that here. Do you and your pot head friends honestly think that ending this war and legalizing it will reduce crime?

Are you folk that naive or have the years of smoking pot and shooting up crack made you dumber than you already are?
DARE, DARE, DARE, DARE...give it a break already...the great folk could have been drinking and smoking themselves. How many of your college professors smoke weed?

Not everyone does it....but more than enough to blow your mind. There are people in the White House - right now - who smoke pot. Not necessarily BHO but SS or someone who does housekeeping or other odd jobs. How about the guys who deliver things there? They don't **** test everyone on a daily basis.

Why does it have to be over in Ultra PC World and Liberal Land on the Left Coast when it is nationwide? Did you know MD is a medical state? There is probably pounds of the stuff on your campus.

If it were legalized your fears of drug cartels are as realistic as a bartender twisting your arm to do a shot of tequila. A lot of people would grow their own just like vegetables in a garden. Lots already do. Something funny? The DEA funds law enforcing agencies nationwide to fly around in helicopters with IR sensors picking out small patches growing in the woods so they can unleash a dozen or so agents to chop and burn 100 plants and act as if they saved the world from total destruction. It only costs more money than anyone can spare to amass the vehicles and manpower for one day. That's criminal.

How does one shoot up crack? DARE didn't do much for you, did it?
Lastly...ask your parents if they ever smoked weed - if they are college educated the chances are - YES.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Truth be told and known by anyone reading, you were the one who jumped everyone else, attacking character while calling folks names. Go back and read through these pages and see the antagonist is you.

Keep taking your prescribed meds the FDA approved for use. Be a good drone and accept whatever THEY tell you. All the ADD kids - that didn't exist when I was young - are taking speed and that's good for them, right? DARE must be your litmus test. I have no idea what it is and don't care. It was likely implemented by the Federal government as part of their failed war on drugs so you kiddies know they blow tons of money for nothing.

Type this phrase into Google and read. "marijuana shrinks tumors" You will find there isn't a solitary hit but dozens all alluding to the fact. I guess the same doubts were made about aspirin, penicillin, giving speed to ADD kids, opiates for pain relief and any other substances that have proven to be medically beneficial.

If that isn't enough to fill your head remember no one has ever died from using marijuana. How many people die from tobacco and alcohol on a yearly basis? Car accidents? Snake bites, bee stings, tripping and falling down? Wow, you could fill your head with real problems but you keep riding that old dead horse portrayed in the movie "Reefer Madness" and continue to beat it in step with the people loving US government. We all know they are looking out for our best interest.

Remember that caffeine next time you have a cup o coffee or soda.
All I got out of your post was:

1. You hate the government.

2. You have no argument, so instead of excepting my way as the correct way, you reuse talking points you got from a blog.

3. Instead of focusing on it's success, you rather focus on the failures of the War on Drugs.

4. You're ignorant about ADD. It's a legit medical issue and I think you suffer from Douchebagitis.

5. You're an idiot.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
DARE, DARE, DARE, DARE...give it a break already...the great folk could have been drinking and smoking themselves. How many of your college professors smoke weed?

Not everyone does it....but more than enough to blow your mind. There are people in the White House - right now - who smoke pot. Not necessarily BHO but SS or someone who does housekeeping or other odd jobs. How about the guys who deliver things there? They don't **** test everyone on a daily basis.

Why does it have to be over in Ultra PC World and Liberal Land on the Left Coast when it is nationwide? Did you know MD is a medical state? There is probably pounds of the stuff on your campus.

If it were legalized your fears of drug cartels are as realistic as a bartender twisting your arm to do a shot of tequila. A lot of people would grow their own just like vegetables in a garden. Lots already do. Something funny? The DEA funds law enforcing agencies nationwide to fly around in helicopters with IR sensors picking out small patches growing in the woods so they can unleash a dozen or so agents to chop and burn 100 plants and act as if they saved the world from total destruction. It only costs more money than anyone can spare to amass the vehicles and manpower for one day. That's criminal.

How does one shoot up crack? DARE didn't do much for you, did it?
Lastly...ask your parents if they ever smoked weed - if they are college educated the chances are - YES.

1. D.A.R.E stands for Drug Abuse and Resistance Education. It's designed to teach children about drugs and their harmful affects.

2. Well those idiots who choose to smoke will lose their jobs and hopefully be put in jail where they belong for breaking the law.

3. I guess you're in favor of eliminating jobs because if we end the War on Drugs, these people won't have a job anymore and the cartels WILL set up shop. Don't assume people will play by the rules.

4. Maryland has never legalized marijuana and it will not. The ghetto degenerates, welfare queens and trailer park trash would be happy if that happened. Just another incentive to commit crime and live off the government.

5. Yeah my parents smoked when they were in school. So what, I don't really care. It was the 70s and everybody was a ****ing pothead back then. That's why the 70s were full of idiots and crazy people because they were too damn stoned or w/e you idiots did back then to realize the harmful side effects of drugs.

6. Just admit I'm right already. Thus far, nobody has given a good argument on why we should legalize pot. All I've heard is talking points, biased information and personal attacks against me.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:28 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,884,217 times
Quote:
1. D.A.R.E stands for Drug Abuse and Resistance Education. It's designed to teach children about drugs and their harmful affects.

2. Well those idiots who choose to smoke will lose their jobs and hopefully be put in jail where they belong for breaking the law.

3. I guess you're in favor of eliminating jobs because if we end the War on Drugs, these people won't have a job anymore and the cartels WILL set up shop. Don't assume people will play by the rules.

4. Maryland has never legalized marijuana and it will not. The ghetto degenerates, welfare queens and trailer park trash would be happy if that happened. Just another incentive to commit crime and live off the government.

5. Yeah my parents smoked when they were in school. So what, I don't really care. It was the 70s and everybody was a ****ing pothead back then. That's why the 70s were full of idiots and crazy people because they were too damn stoned or w/e you idiots did back then to realize the harmful side effects of drugs.

6.Just admit I'm right already. Thus far, nobody has given a good argument on why we should legalize pot. All I've heard is talking points, biased information and personal attacks against me.
You make some of the funniest posts in this thread. College kids crack me up a whole lot, you included.

Please keep telling us on how you're "right".

Old 11-16-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
You make some of the funniest posts in this thread. College kids crack me up a whole lot, you included.

Please keep telling us on how you're "right".
Because I am right and I know I'm right. It's okay, I can tell you're butthurt over the fact I'm right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland