Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2018, 10:36 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,753,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
True. Having the year round housing will undoubtably help.

I don't remember who it was--I think Adelphi--but I think we were talking about the gym and he said that this area can support a $70/month gym and was disappointed in Gold's. This gym is not a franchise and the fees are quite high. It's only $40 a month if all you want to do is use the equipment. But if you want to attend classes it's $70-$100. I signed up today.

They said they didn't install a pool bc their researched showed that only 2% of gym users used pools and saunas.
That's disappointing to hear about not having the pool. I was thinking about getting a membership there but may just stick with LA Fitness.

I agree about the non-student housing as well. Currently I believe Monument Village is like the only new non-student apartment that is opened in the city close to downtown, which isn't really that close. The Fuse 47 fire set things back but hopefully that will be rebuilt soon and the Southern Gateway project will get off the ground soon along with the College Park Metro apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 09:36 AM

662 posts, read 784,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
That's disappointing to hear about not having the pool. I was thinking about getting a membership there but may just stick with LA Fitness.

I agree about the non-student housing as well. Currently I believe Monument Village is like the only new non-student apartment that is opened in the city close to downtown, which isn't really that close. The Fuse 47 fire set things back but hopefully that will be rebuilt soon and the Southern Gateway project will get off the ground soon along with the College Park Metro apartments.

I wonder if they can put one in later. I hope they gym is successful. Since it's supposed to be black level they'll have things like towel service and it will stay clean. They also seem like they'll have a lot of classes.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:38 AM

College Park will get a new sushi restaurant underneath The Enclave - The Diamondback

Old 02-25-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Yep. SEcond BBQ place to bite the dust on RT. 1. Yet Urban BBQ in Hillandale and Mission in Greenbelt have been in operation much longer. Go figure. Guess College Park is sour on BBQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoz80 View Post
Fate Pete's is no longer...being replaced by The Stuffed Turtle, a build-your-own sandwich shop.. We'll see how good it is and how long it lasts

Apparently the sandwich shop is owned by the same people who own Fat Pete. They said bbq was too expensive for many students.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:32 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,578,183 times
Quote:
Apparently the sandwich shop is owned by the same people who own Fat Pete. They said bbq was too expensive for many students.
College Park needed to start market-rate apartments for professionals and offices about 10 years ago. Unfortunately, the recession pushed a lot of those projects back. But again, here we have retailers having to depend on students rather than full-time residents. The completion of the Purple Line should funnel more visitors to the area. THat would be interesting to see.

Also, I think that if their format allowed for a bar and a dining room they could have attracted more non-students.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:34 AM

Bowlero looks like the real deal. Not your average ratty bowling alley. Looks like a more upscale offering.

https://www.bowlero.com/about-us

https://www.bowlero.com/location/bowlero-college-park

Old 02-27-2018, 09:36 AM

nm

Last edited by lookingbutnotlost; 02-27-2018 at 09:49 AM..

Old 02-27-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
nm
??

Old 02-27-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
??
I found the answer to my question

Old 03-05-2018, 11:54 PM

MOMs in College Park will soon be the largest of all the MOMs at 27k sqft. It will have a cafe, lounge, and a pinball room.

Quote:
MOM's Organic Market is moving to a much larger property at College Park's Hollywood Shopping Center in the coming months, where REI used to be. This location will be about 27,500 square feet, more than three times the size of the current 8,000-square-foot location in the same shopping center.

MOM's Organic Market CEO Scott Nash said the new College Park location will have a lounge, bakery, cafe and pinball room.
The College Park’s MOM’s expansion will have pinball, a lounge and a bakery - The Diamondback
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland