Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2021, 03:57 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,578,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Spring of 2023 sounds about right if the project opens in the summer.

Also, IONQ! If you guys haven't gotten in on that now, please do. I invested in it back in October trying to support local business and also quantum computing is just cool! I got in under $10 a share. It is now over $26. Google and Amazon investment is a very good sign.

Congrats to IONQ! And kudos to College Park for making a home for what could be the next Dell, IBM, of HP of quantum computers. Very exciting times!
IONQ's share price shot up to $33 and closed at $31 today. What a ride!

As of today IONQ's market cap is $5.96 Billion.

Go College Park!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2021, 07:01 PM

123 posts, read 76,403 times
Quote:
IONQ's share price shot up to $33 and closed at $31 today. What a ride!

As of today IONQ's market cap is $5.96 Billion.

Go College Park!

Congrats on your 310% returns!

It is hard to believe that College Park is home to a $5B company. Of course, the valuations of these young companies that are still losing money are mostly based on promise, which may or may not materialize. I hope it does, partly because quantum computing is a really exciting tech in itself.

Old 11-24-2021, 02:07 PM

Has anyone been to the Hall CP behind The Hotel?

I went to one of the "Science on tap" events where a professor comes to talk about a cool topic in an accessible way, and it was fantastic: really great space indoors and outdoors, and beautiful mural. The food was mostly great, with the crab dip being the best I ever had, a pretty great shrimp stir fry, and then, there was the pizza... Initially I was impressed because the tomato sauce was juicy and fresh, and the dough was thin and well done but... it was quite tasteless! It seemed as if they forgot to add salt at all

I'm thinking of giving the pizza a second try, but it would be helpful to hear other people's experiences beforehand.In any case, I whole heartedly recommend the place.

Attached Thumbnails
College Park - News, Events, Updates, Questions and Developments Etc.-hall_cp-1.jpg   College Park - News, Events, Updates, Questions and Developments Etc.-hall_cp-3.jpg   College Park - News, Events, Updates, Questions and Developments Etc.-hall_cp-4.jpg  

Old 11-24-2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikerMD View Post
Has anyone been to the Hall CP behind The Hotel?

I went to one of the "Science on tap" events where a professor comes to talk about a cool topic in an accessible way, and it was fantastic: really great space indoors and outdoors, and beautiful mural. The food was mostly great, with the crab dip being the best I ever had, a pretty great shrimp stir fry, and then, there was the pizza... Initially I was impressed because the tomato sauce was juicy and fresh, and the dough was thin and well done but... it was quite tasteless! It seemed as if they forgot to add salt at all

I'm thinking of giving the pizza a second try, but it would be helpful to hear other people's experiences beforehand.In any case, I whole heartedly recommend the place.

I tried to go during the summer but it was closed. I wish stuff like that would stay open all year. Not sure if it was COVID or not, but I've been wanting to try it out since it opened. If it stays open perhaps I can try it out next week. lol

Old 11-26-2021, 10:38 PM

662 posts, read 784,200 times
They're understaffed.

Old 11-29-2021, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I tried to go during the summer but it was closed. I wish stuff like that would stay open all year. Not sure if it was COVID or not, but I've been wanting to try it out since it opened. If it stays open perhaps I can try it out next week. lol
If you go, you should forget what I wrote above, try the pizza, and report back

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
They're understaffed.
Any more details? Was there an event going on or it was a normal day? Was the just the waiters taking a long time or something else?

And more importantly, did you try the pizza?

Old 12-03-2021, 07:28 PM

The ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new City hall building will be Tuesday Dec 14 at 5pm, light refreshment will be served https://www.collegeparkmd.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=307

Old 12-07-2021, 07:19 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,570,921 times
The Prince Georges delegation in Annapolis will next week consider a 2022 bill proposal, that would permit the transfer of a liquor license from almost anywhere in the county, to only the 7100-7200 blocks of Baltimore Ave. in College Park. Looks like TJ will have grog. This maneuver to bypass other restrictions in state law has happened with other new developments (Laurel, Woodmore,) in recent years, so I'll be surprised if it doesn't pass.

Separately, after 15 years Harris Teeter is closing one of its four stores in DC in January. Potomac Ave. SE.

Old 12-07-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
The Prince Georges delegation in Annapolis will next week consider a 2022 bill proposal, that would permit the transfer of a liquor license from almost anywhere in the county, to only the 7100-7200 blocks of Baltimore Ave. in College Park. Looks like TJ will have grog. This maneuver to bypass other restrictions in state law has happened with other new developments (Laurel, Woodmore,) in recent years, so I'll be surprised if it doesn't pass.

Separately, after 15 years Harris Teeter is closing one of its four stores in DC in January. Potomac Ave. SE.
An act of congress to sell wine. lol

Wow. Didn't know Harris Teeter was in the area that long. But of course, time has flown this past decade.

Old 12-07-2021, 12:33 PM

283 posts, read 322,886 times
Article about the Discovery District:

https://technical.ly/dc/2021/12/07/a...very-district/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland