Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 03:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,714 times

Advertisements

I live in watkins mill town center already. I love it. The homes are built to account for the trains. So windows are thick and such. I haven't had a problem. I find everything very convenient without the town center even being there. The ramp over 270 is county top priority. The onramp onto 270 is priority four. There is a large police precinct 300 yards from the community, on west watkins mill. There is constant police presence and patrols.
I go to Seneca Creek State Park almost every day as it is not only in my back yard, but the full park is around the corner.
The inter county connector section 1 finishes this year. Section 2 the next.
The community is building very rapidly now. I was I think the first of 9 townhouses to buy and the second to move in. Now there are almost 50 homes and more than 80 have been sold. Im watching the place explode into existence in front of me.
I love it here and will be here a very long time. Every few weeks something new comes online and I'm excited about the community all over again. I love watching it be constructed! Amazing progress since I moved in In March.
I am trying to get all my friends to move here. I just love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 01:46 PM

11 posts, read 45,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF2010 View Post
I live in watkins mill town center already. I love it. The homes are built to account for the trains. So windows are thick and such. I haven't had a problem. I find everything very convenient without the town center even being there. The ramp over 270 is county top priority. The onramp onto 270 is priority four. There is a large police precinct 300 yards from the community, on west watkins mill. There is constant police presence and patrols.
I go to Seneca Creek State Park almost every day as it is not only in my back yard, but the full park is around the corner.
The community is building very rapidly now. I was I think the first of 9 townhouses to buy and the second to move in. Now there are almost 50 homes and more than 80 have been sold. Im watching the place explode into existence in front of me.
I love it here and will be here a very long time. Every few weeks something new comes online and I'm excited about the community all over again. I love watching it be constructed! Amazing progress since I moved in In March.

You moved in in March?? So you're on the other side of W. Watkins Mill, where all the single houses are being built right now?

Old 11-30-2010, 08:05 PM

11 posts, read 38,263 times
I am also keep my eye on this community. They pretty much raise the base price by $10,000 every two months. Now is $424900. I am not to worry about the train, b/c with windows closed.you want hear anything. I am eye on the first end unit right next to watkins mill road. it is on other side of the community, but i am debating about traffic noise of watkins mill road, if it connect to I270 next couple years. One more concern in corridor cities transitway (CCT) is going to run across the community. Corridor Cities Transitway. I don't know how long is going to take to complete cct, but for sure it is going to create more traffic noise. (Marc train + CCT + car traffic). I think it is too much for this community. unless they can specially soundproof each unit.

Anybody has idea about corridor cities transitway (CCT)?

Old 11-30-2010, 08:26 PM

11 posts, read 38,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF2010 View Post
Do you worry about corridor cities transitway (CCT) eventually will run just across your home if you are first 9 townhome owner?

Old 12-06-2010, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 3,339 times
I bought a townhome here in February. We LOVE it! When the community is complete, it will be the perfect setting for anyone. These homes should hold their value as well. We're very happy with the High School but not sure of the Middle or Elementary.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:23 AM

217 posts, read 308,252 times
place seems to good to be true!

Are the still selling townhomes starting at $424900? If so, how many do they have left?

Last edited by BBC99; 02-22-2011 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: More questions

Old 02-22-2011, 07:15 PM

Anybody have any information on this new community?

Seems to good to be true.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:35 PM

317 posts, read 1,003,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC99 View Post
place seems to good to be true!

Are the still selling townhomes starting at $424900? If so, how many do they have left?
NVHomes - Parklands - Gaithersburg, MD

If you can say as BenF2010: " I love watching it be constructed!"
this community can be good for you.

btw. "watching it be constructed" mean ->watching all this construction for several (up to 10) years .

Old 02-23-2011, 07:09 AM

With all the growth in the Gaithersburg area, this seems to be a tremendous opportunity to buy a small peice of property in a growing area of Montogomery County. Will go check out the area and just might tour a model this week!

Old 03-01-2011, 09:21 AM

Went by a looked at the model. Very beautiful! There are not many Townhomes available. I think there are 3 left.

I was a little worried by the area, but there is a Police Station about 100 yards away from the community.

The community is less than a mile away from a MARC train with the next stop on the train line being Shady Grove Metro.

The rep mentioned that for March, the first 3 sales they have some extra cash to play with for extra concessions.

Is this Normal? Will they do this in April, May, and June as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland