Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 01:40 PM

217 posts, read 308,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC99 View Post
I've become obsessed with this area. Does anybody have any inside information on the development?
I choose to buy in the community!

Does anyone have questions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 08:24 PM

21 posts, read 92,643 times
Quote:
I choose to buy in the community!

Does anyone have questions?
Welcome to the neighborhood! You'll be surprised at how quickly things change around you. I've only lived here for 6 months and it's pretty exciting to see how far they have come in only that period of time.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacrawf View Post
Welcome to the neighborhood! You'll be surprised at how quickly things change around you. I've only lived here for 6 months and it's pretty exciting to see how far they have come in only that period of time.
Howdy neighbor!

Old 12-01-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF2010 View Post
I live in watkins mill town center already. I love it. The homes are built to account for the trains. So windows are thick and such. I haven't had a problem. I find everything very convenient without the town center even being there. The ramp over 270 is county top priority. The onramp onto 270 is priority four. There is a large police precinct 300 yards from the community, on west watkins mill. There is constant police presence and patrols.
I go to Seneca Creek State Park almost every day as it is not only in my back yard, but the full park is around the corner.
The inter county connector section 1 finishes this year. Section 2 the next.
The community is building very rapidly now. I was I think the first of 9 townhouses to buy and the second to move in. Now there are almost 50 homes and more than 80 have been sold. Im watching the place explode into existence in front of me.
I love it here and will be here a very long time. Every few weeks something new comes online and I'm excited about the community all over again. I love watching it be constructed! Amazing progress since I moved in In March.
I am trying to get all my friends to move here. I just love it!
You're such a clown!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,631 times
Looks like this thread has been quiet for a while. Any updates? Moving to the area summer of 2013 with two high school kids. Can anyone verify kids here go to Quince Orchard. Is there a large population of middle school and high school kids in this community?

Old 01-18-2013, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,620 times
I too am looking into this community. I have been reading a lot of articles online from the buiders' and developers
' sites to general news articles. Am I correct in that the Parklands (west of 270) and the Spectrum (east of 270) parts of the Watkins Mill town center have begun construction but the Urban Core project (next to the Parklands) will not begin until the I270/Watkins Mill Rd intersection has been built? How would the folks at the Parklands enjoy the entertainment and shopping eminities of the Spectrum if the 270 intersection will not be completed for say another 4-5 yrs?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrakob View Post
Looks like this thread has been quiet for a while. Any updates? Moving to the area summer of 2013 with two high school kids. Can anyone verify kids here go to Quince Orchard. Is there a large population of middle school and high school kids in this community?
Yes, your kids will go to Quince Orchard. No, there will never be a Parklands town enter.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcburg View Post
I too am looking into this community. I have been reading a lot of articles online from the buiders' and developers
' sites to general news articles. Am I correct in that the Parklands (west of 270) and the Spectrum (east of 270) parts of the Watkins Mill town center have begun construction but the Urban Core project (next to the Parklands) will not begin until the I270/Watkins Mill Rd intersection has been built? How would the folks at the Parklands enjoy the entertainment and shopping eminities of the Spectrum if the 270 intersection will not be completed for say another 4-5 yrs?
The truth is the city, county, and state are broke. There will never be a Watkins mill interchange at least not in your or your kids lifetime. Because they can't build the bridge or interchange, no developer will build any town centers in the area.

The truth is Montgomery county can't keep up with development in other parts of the state, mainly PG county. It's a complete joke when county executives compare themselves to their Northern Va. counterparts.

As a life long Montgomery county resident and someone who recently bought in the Parklands, you would have been better off spending your money in Virginia and not Maryland. It really hurts me to say that, but its true.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:30 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcburg View Post
They'll have to drive over to Quince Orchard Rd./Montgomery Village Ave cross 270 there.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:11 PM

13,728 posts, read 15,760,072 times
Quote:
The truth is the city, county, and state are broke. There will never be a Watkins mill interchange at least not in your or your kids lifetime. Because they can't build the bridge or interchange, no developer will build any town centers in the area.

The truth is Montgomery county can't keep up with development in other parts of the state, mainly PG county. It's a complete joke when county executives compare themselves to their Northern Va. counterparts.

As a life long Montgomery county resident and someone who recently bought in the Parklands, you would have been better off spending your money in Virginia and not Maryland. It really hurts me to say that, but its true.

When the gas tax passes and whether you like it or not, it will, this will all be a mute point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland