Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 07:30 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,172,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Riiiiight...lol. DC nightlife blows for the most part, the big clubs are ghetto, the smaller bars are all generally sausagefests. I doubt you've partied in any major city in America if you can say its better than LA, Miami, Chicago etc. Maybe if you're black though lol.

Slim,

Nobody is saying that DC is on LV, NYC or Miami's level when it comes to nightlife. I have partied in all of those cities. I'm just saying that there are beautiful women here and they are approachable. What I get from most of these comments is a defeatist attitude and that usually means there are other issues involved. BTW, your black comment was unwarranted. DC does have some of the most beautiful black women here just like Miami has some of the most beautiful Cubanos. Chicago's nightlife is ok.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:46 AM

34 posts, read 65,437 times
I have noticed that there are usually more men than women at bars and clubs in DC as well as NoVA. I think it depends on where you go when approaching women....are you going to a sports bar or a fancy club?

Old 01-04-2012, 10:28 AM

339 posts, read 837,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcity81 View Post
I have noticed that there are usually more men than women at bars and clubs in DC as well as NoVA. I think it depends on where you go when approaching women....are you going to a sports bar or a fancy club?
Sports bars, fancy clubs,lounges it doesn't matter. There are toooo many dudes out and so few ladies. It's very unusual.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:59 AM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,718,731 times
Go to any large black church. You will find plenty of women.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:01 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,155,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heartbreak Kid View Post
Go to any large black church. You will find plenty of women.
You sound like the barber from Coming to America. "Good, clean too!"

Old 01-04-2012, 12:03 PM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,718,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
You sound like the barber from Coming to America. "Good, clean too!"

They only appear that way. Once they leave, they bad, freaky, nasty...

Old 01-04-2012, 01:56 PM

320 posts, read 539,771 times
For the record, I don’t think anyone would compare nightlife in DC to NYC, LA or Miami so let’s not even make that a discussion. However, just because DC’s nightlife isn’t in that stratosphere doesn’t mean that it’s terrible. I’ve been to plenty of clubs/bars in NYC, Boston, Atlanta and Chicago so I’m well aware that every city has its pros and cons. In my opinion DC doesn’t have to take a back seat to any of them when it comes to finding something to get into. I’m not saying that everyone should be down with DC’s nightlife because different people like different things. But let’s not get carried away with the idea that there is nothing going on in DC especially if you’re a single guy.

I’m not originally from DC so when I moved to the area years ago one of the first things I noticed were the large number of attractive women just about everywhere I went. So how anyone can say that the DC area is lacking in terms of the number and/or quality of women simply blows my mind. At the same time, I can sympathize with guys who are new to the area and find it difficult at first to vibe with some of the local women. When I first moved to the area it took me a while to adapt to the singles scene because you do indeed have to carry yourself differently around here for some reason. It wasn’t necessarily about stepping my game up or changing my personality. It was more about realizing that this is my new home and I needed to just dive right into the mix.

My experience has been that once I got used to this area I never had a bad night out. I’m not a lady’s man by any stretch of the imagination, but in my opinion a single guy living in this area should be having the time of his life. As a dude in DC you can get pretty much whatever you are looking for. Whatever it is, a one night stand, a steady girlfriend, friend w/ benefits…this area has SO many women that (trust me) it doesn’t take a whole lot of effort to find what you’re looking for.

So for the guys who complain about there not being enough good-looking women in this area, or that all of the clubs are packed full of dudes, I would at least take a step back and reevaluate your approach. I’ve heard these same complaints from 2 of my coworkers. After talking with each one of them to get a genuine feel for their perspective I was able to identify a few common areas of concern mostly dealing with their defeatist attitudes. Fellas, if you’re going out expecting not to have fun then guess what? Like I stated earlier, I’m not trying to convince folks that DC’s nightlife is the best thing going, but from a guy’s perspective there are plenty of activities and attractive women around to keep you occupied for a long time.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:01 PM

354 posts, read 786,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
And how old are you, again?
25.. can i call u tonite?

Old 01-04-2012, 02:07 PM

354 posts, read 786,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Riiiiight...lol. DC nightlife blows for the most part, the big clubs are ghetto, the smaller bars are all generally sausagefests. I doubt you've partied in any major city in America if you can say its better than LA, Miami, Chicago etc. Maybe if you're black though lol.
maybe thats what it is lol.. let me clarify myslef then. DC's nightlife is one of the best for black people

and no DC's nightlife is not better than Miami/Vegas/LA those are KNOWN party destination cities..where half the clubs are probly full of out-of-towners.. chicago party scene sucked to me but that was just my one experience it could be good

Old 01-04-2012, 02:15 PM

349 posts, read 992,243 times
EHCT just doesn't know what it's like to be in a city with a better male/female ratio than DC. As the saying goes, he's "comfortably numb." If I'd spent all my life in DC I wouldn't know any better, either.

America is generally very tough for males from the dating perspective, compared to other places, but even in this country, DC's sausage fests are nowhere near the norm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC