Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:20 AM

8 posts, read 20,118 times

Advertisements

Ok so I am 24 years old and in grad school here I have grown up in DC/MD my entire life. The problem is I have a HUGE problem meeting women in DC. Wherever I go I have a problem here. I do get numbers and whatever but its not the same as other places.

For example, I lived in Manhattan during the summer and I must have met around 10x the amount of ladies I meet here. I mean around 4-5 numbers per night and they were MUCH more attractive not to mention a billion times friendlier. I even got met a couple of models there

Then I go to Pittsburgh, I meet TONS of chicks there. And they are so much more homely, friendly, and attractive than chicks here.

California? Same exact deal, meet a bunch of chicks who are legitimately nice and friendly along with being extremely attractive.

Hawaii? I met a bunch of girls there too who are EXTREMELY FRIENDLY. and these are people who live there/natives.

Florida/Miami? Same thing

But in DC, its impossible. Not only is it IMPOSSIBLE to meet any chicks here, they are not even 1/8th as of attractive as the chicks in other places (no offense to any women reading this thread). On top of that, they are extremely cold and not friendly at all. When I was in NY and CA, gorgeous women would smile at me all the time on the street or start up conversations and just talk while waiting in line. Here? Everyone stares at the ground and gives you cold stares while not talking to you at all. I am also Italian, Indian, and Brazilian, so its even harder here because it seems as if white sticks to white, black to black, asian to asian, etc. Whereas it doesnt matter in those other places Ive been to, they actually enjoy it more the diversity.

Its like the goldmine for cold, unfriendly, mean people who are not nearly as attractive as they think they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 11:25 AM

423 posts, read 645,928 times
D.C. is a cold city and birds with the same color feathers flock together.
But I'll admit, seeing a white, asian, latino man and a black woman together does touch a nerve.......

Old 01-26-2011, 11:32 AM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,715,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Vic... View Post
D.C. is a cold city and birds with the same color feathers flock together.
But I'll admit, seeing a white, asian, latino man and a black woman together does touch a nerve.......
lol..

Old 01-26-2011, 11:53 AM

349 posts, read 990,480 times
Quote:
For example, I lived in Manhattan during the summer and I must have met around 10x the amount of ladies I meet here.
Sounds about right, I mean there's a surplus of like 200K single women in Manhattan. Here we have a surplus of men.

Quote:
they were MUCH more attractive
+1 on that, women in DC don't dress very well and don't take care of themselves, more Southern-type fatties and rednecks here than up North.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:54 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,770,890 times
Why Can I meet ladies in states other THAN DC?

Because you are a rank amatuer. During my single days, I found DC was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Reaccess your tactics. Work on your charm. Get some cool threads.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:08 PM

8 posts, read 20,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Why Can I meet ladies in states other THAN DC?

Because you are a rank amatuer. During my single days, I found DC was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Reaccess your tactics. Work on your charm. Get some cool threads.
What?

This makes zero sense. So I meet much more attractive and friendlier women in other places because of what...?

Old 01-26-2011, 12:37 PM

423 posts, read 645,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahales View Post
lol..
I mean not to be racist or nothing but, it just seems weird lol. especially if shes sexy and gotta a big ***.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:48 PM

2,503 posts, read 3,539,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiasfunkee View Post
they are so much more homely, friendly, and attractive than chicks here.
FWIW, "homely" is a kind and somewhat dated way to say "ugly."

Old 01-26-2011, 12:48 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,151,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Vic... View Post
I mean not to be racist or nothing but, it just seems weird lol. especially if shes sexy and gotta a big ***.
I get what you're saying, I don't think you tried to come off as that. It's the culture, it's not 1950 anymore. It's 2011, people are gonna date whoever they wanna date.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:33 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,770,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiasfunkee View Post
What?

This makes zero sense. So I meet much more attractive and friendlier women in other places because of what...?
If ya can't score in DC, then something is wrong with your approach. Its the happy hunting ground. There are tons of chicas just waiting for the latest Sir Lancelot to come riding by and swoop them up.

Refine your tactics, young Jedi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC