Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 03:27 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times

Advertisements

On the plus side you don't have to wear a bra if the straps start getting itchy. With so many layers who can tell anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 04:29 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,490,393 times
Is that you, Situation??

Old 10-03-2011, 05:39 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,716 times
Every time I listen to moombahton, I feel like taking E.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:24 PM

213 posts, read 404,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Totally disagree. Fall and Spring are the best seasons in D.C.

But it's about what floats your boat.
Have to totally agree. During the many years I lived in the D.C. area, Fall and Spring were always the most beautiful seasons. The whole area with all its trees and lovely parks, is just gorgeous when Nature is waking up or going to sleep. And the weather is at its best.

I've always thought of Washington as the most beautiful of the big cities in America, and if you are there in the Fall or Spring, you'll find it hard to disagree.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:43 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
But what about the supple interns? Frozen margaritas at Alero? Outside deck at Marvin? Barbecues in Rock Creek Park?

Ahhhh...the Cookouts in Rock Creek Park
That stuff gets boring after you've done it enough. The hot, sweaty, oppressive heat of summer can go - especially since it takes hours to get to a beach from here. I'm so happy fall's finally here.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:54 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,244,748 times
Enh speak for yourself! This is one of my favorite times of the year!

I've always hated summer. Its too damn hot. Too damn humid. No one thinks I'm allowed to complain about the heat because I'm from Georgia but I hated summer even more down home. Summer??? Bah!

The only good thing about summer is eating outside. Don't get me wrong I like going to the beach but as mentioned its so far away.

Interns? Enh. I like 'em a little more experienced. They can rarely handle me .

I really like the change of seasons and the leaves changing. I suppose one could look at it as a sign of death but you know the leaves will come back. I think its nice that we have 4 seasons. I mean there's always Florida. So I'm welcoming fall with open arms. Fall in DC rocks.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:18 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times
The days also get shorter. It's depressing.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:28 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
That stuff gets boring after you've done it enough. The hot, sweaty, oppressive heat of summer can go - especially since it takes hours to get to a beach from here. I'm so happy fall's finally here.
But everything gets old. Not being able to wear shorts gets old. Runny noses get old. Pumpkins get old. Staying huddled up inside of the house gets old. Gloomy days get old. Nightfall at 5:30 gets old. If I had to choose between a full year of 60 degree temperatures, not being able to wear shorts, and short days or 90 degree temperatures, shorts and long days, I'm choosing the latter every time.

I wish we could just bypass Fall and go straight to Winter. Fall is nothing but a constant reminder that the good times you had in the summer have come to an end. I would fast forward to January if I could so that Spring/Summer would be closer. There's no better feeling than stepping outside to feel that first 65 degree day in Spring. It's like being 18 again when everything's new and adventurous and the whole world (Summer) awaits you.

Fall is like hitting 40. Your salad days are behind you. Just short gloomy days and chilly weather. Sucks.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:49 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Halloween and the holidays are approaching. How can that be depressing???

Maybe you should check out some of the festivities that different religions have during this time of year. You don't need to believe in anything to enjoy.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:00 AM

720 posts, read 1,554,897 times
Quote:
This is probably the one thing I hate the most. You get so used to the summer daylight till 8:30 or 9 so you can still enjoy yourself a little after a work. maybe grill a little somethin in the backyard with a beer or 2

Now you get off work and it's dark depressing..

I wish we could just skip Sept & Oct. go straight to thanksgiving & christmas and begin counting down the days till that first spring day weather
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC