Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2012, 12:10 AM
qwy qwy started this thread

296 posts, read 521,266 times

Advertisements

Came across this thread (15 Reasons Why Washington DC Sucks For Guys » Roosh V) while researching moving to DC or not. So would you consider 1-15 true or false?

Last edited by qwy; 05-04-2012 at 12:16 AM.. Reason: correction

Old 05-04-2012, 07:41 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,584,229 times
This blog post has already been discussed on this forum ad nausea. See previous thread: "15 Reasons Why DC Sucks For Guys"
Not to mention, the same arguments come up on this forum on a weekly basis.
I have no doubt that won't stop this thread from devolving into another endless argument about subjective personal preferences as if there's some objective answer.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:42 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,428,193 times
lol..

Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,181,514 times
The dude who wrote this is lame.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:46 AM

66 posts, read 173,617 times
Wow...seriously? If you are sexist enough to even consider taking that article seriously, then we don't need you here. It's also pretty racist.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:59 PM

585 posts, read 2,018,525 times
Have you ever actually been to DC or are you just going to take this bro's word for it?

I am bisexual but in a committed relationship with a man who interned on the Hill back in his day, personally I'm into the whole square khaki-wearing, tie-sporting thing for my men but that's beside the point. When I first moved into my condo, I was blown away by the number of incredibly hot, friendly single young women who also lived here. Not that I'd ever make a move on any of them (see above re: committed relationship) but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate a beautiful woman. For the sake of this argument since I know this forum, yes most of the women are black but I've always liked black women, one of my best female relationships was with a lovely young black dancer from Chicago. DC is over 50% black so yes, if you have a problem dating black women, you will have a harder time finding someone you are interested in due to the demographics of this town. Like any major metropolitan area, the real "winners" are likely already relationshipped-up.

I work in the events industry and can tell you that some of the women I come in contact with are stunning. Sometimes vapid (which is not at all attractive to me but I realize other people put looks over brains), but well put-together. This isn't Dallas, you aren't going to get women putting on pearls and full makeup to go to Giant. Brains are valued over looks, which I appreciate coming from California where you're expected to be either really hot or really lucky at some start-up.

Having lived all over this country, I can kind of agree with this article's premise - DC isn't LA after all, and thank God for that - but the article itself is too over the top to take seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC