Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 02:52 PM

857 posts, read 1,201,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
All you have to do is obey the law.
By your logic the early american colonists shoulda just paid their taxes instrad of throw tea in the Boston Harbor. By your logic child labor, jim crow laws, among many others things proved to be highly unjust should just be obeyed withour any dissent Just bc its law doesnt make it right esp when alot of laws are merely rules by the rich to control the poor.

Red light cameras i can deal with bc theyre easy to spot by the eye. The speed cameras are just a way to fleece drivers for money. Almost a penalty for driving in out and around DC. Jams up traffic flow. Laws like that should only be proposed to fix a problem not to create new ones. And having a camera on a interstate hwy is a money grab. Not to mention once drivers figured out where the cameras were they either moved em added new ones. If that doesnt signify a money grab by city govt then....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Red light cameras absolutely make us safer. About a thousand people a year are killed in this country due to people running red lights.
u got statistics and studies to back that up?

Old 02-26-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Non residents shouldn't bring cars into the District anyway.
U dont have the authority to say who comes and goes into DC.....If I had my way johnny come lately gentrifiers wouldnt be able to file noise comolaints when long time residents play their gogo music, esp on 7th and Florida but hey i cant stop those botch arses from doing that.shoot DC city govt needs permission from congress to make most of their decisions so what makes u think youre the end all be all on who comes and goes? just stop

Old 02-26-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
I agree, and I say this as someone who needs to watch my own speeding while driving.

Don't get upset if you're the one doing it. Pay the fine, deal with it.
It dont take much to trigger the cameras and its even worse when u cant see em. Least on the Benning rd bridge its blatantly obvious but Military Rd its easy to get caught if u dont know where the camera is. I can see this making sense if it was 15-20 MPH or more esp in a residential area but hittin 33-35 in a 25 zone it dont take much to easily go past 25 even if its just to pass somebody....

Old 02-26-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Some laws are meant to extract extra tax from the public in the guise of (fees). People called it when cameras were being installed. Ten years ago, we called all the fees and tickets DC started dishing out, the "DC visitor tax". Now we encourage all of our friends and family to valet. Parking is too risky.

And now that Uber is here, it is safer to Uber into DC. No risk of speed, red light, or parking fees. And as some valet fees are $20, Uber comes out the cheapest option. Or Metro if you live near a station.
But the Uber and Lyft driver then has to deal with that. Only defense they got is the waze app they tell u where the cameras are.. .

Old 02-26-2020, 04:56 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,993,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
u got statistics and studies to back that up?
Yes

Old 02-27-2020, 06:10 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
But the Uber and Lyft driver then has to deal with that. Only defense they got is the waze app they tell u where the cameras are.. .
Exactly. Lowers my risk. More riders for them means more revenue to shoulder the risk. AN easy way to eliminate risk for the Uber driver is for them to know where the cameras are eliminating risk and retaining all the revenue. Win/Win for everyone...except the DC Government.

Old 02-27-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Yes
Post your sources

Old 02-27-2020, 08:23 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,993,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Exactly. Lowers my risk. More riders for them means more revenue to shoulder the risk. AN easy way to eliminate risk for the Uber driver is for them to know where the cameras are eliminating risk and retaining all the revenue. Win/Win for everyone...except the DC Government.
Or just obey the traffic laws. Easy Peasy

Old 02-27-2020, 09:34 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times
Quote:
Or just obey the traffic laws. Easy Peasy
Well, often, Uber is cheaper than parking or valet. So, even if I do obey all the laws, Uber and Metro are cheaper options. No risk of tickets is icing on the cake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: