Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 10:39 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times

Advertisements

We also found a new rental in ML that is $50 cheaper per month. It would work out fine for us, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 07:11 PM

We are going to fill out an application for the one at the southern end of the base and go for that one. It's a good "fit" for us and, ironically, this landlord is not going to charge a pet fee or deposit for the 4 pets we have. That is remarkable! It's ironic because the landlord for us here in Alamogordo also waived the pet deposit.

So I'm stoked again, totally excited about coming back to Washington. My older sister in Edmonds can't wait for me to move back to Washington. So many positives and not nearly enough negatives to stay here in Alamogordo. Whoo-hooo Washington I'm comin' home baby!

Tomorrow I'll call the Boss and talk details and I'll start filling out W2's and such. For any of you following this saga back when I first started looking for Sleep Tech. jobs in Washington back about, oh, we must be talking about April 2014 here, wow, huh? This is finally coming to a fruition and it's been a lot of work. They say good things don't usually come to you easily, you have to work a lot for them. That is how this thing has gone. I am so happy tonight, because I'm going back to the land I was born in. The land I love. The land that speaks to me.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:27 AM

Almost a month later it's time for an update on the Moses Lake job. We have a 3 BR 1 1/2 BA rental house rented and waiting for us in Moses Lake. Today we go get the rental truck and start loading it up. We have several people coming over to help us load up. One call when we get to Moses Lake and we'll have people there to unload us. We are thinking we'll leave early tomorrow morning on our trip back to Washington. My wife hasn't touched Washington soil since we left for Missouri for me to go to Med. school in May of 2003!

I start at the new Sleep job on Sunday, February 15th. First stop is Phoenix to drop off clothes, CD's, etc. to our son. I doubt we'll get much further than that tonight. It's pert-near 500 miles (485) so that's fine. From there it's up Highway 60, cutting over to Kingman and then north to Las Vegas. From there it's north on Highway 93 all the way to Highway 84 in Twin Falls, ID. Then west to Ontario, OR, and Highway 30 northwest into Oregon. Baker City, La Grande, Pendleton, Hermiston, then onto Highway 12 north to Pasco, WA. Then 395 to Mesa, WA, on Highway 17, north past Othello continuing to Moses Lake. 1,798 miles in all!

Fist things first, packing. Ugh!

Last edited by elkotronics; 02-08-2015 at 05:40 AM..

Old 02-12-2015, 11:30 AM

Update...da-da-dum...do-da-dum...do-do-do-ta-doo-ta-dum! We're staying at the Twin Falls,ID, Motel 6. Things are going well and we're on track per our schedule. Coffee is helping me stay awake during the journey. Can't wait ta get my '11 Kia Soul off the tow dolly and into my driving' wheel hands! Cue Lonesome Dave power chords at a loud pitch. IOW's - can't wait to play my CD's in my car again!

The plan is to drive from here ta Boise, over into Oregon...Baker City, Pendleton...then on into Washington...the Tri-Cities, etc., and up to Moses Lake from there. It's about another 500 miles. We'll stay at the Moses Lake Motel 6 tonight. Motel 6 doesn't charge extra for the Akita Chow, Pomeranian and the two rescue Tabby's!

Tomorrow we meet the landlord, sign the lease, grab the keys and meet the Witnesses to unload our stuff. Have to head (if they're open) to the U-Haul ta unload the Kia Soul and free up that space first. Indeed. Still stoked ta be back home!

Old 02-12-2015, 11:00 PM

175 posts, read 366,630 times
That seemed super fast, did you sleep? lol

Good Luck with Moses Lake!

Old 02-13-2015, 06:12 AM

yip-we "stole" as much sleep as we could. We're at the Motel 6 in Hermiston, OR, right now. Never knew eastern Oregon was so mountainous as it is. Incredibly large mountains. Hermiston was full of fog last night.

We may fit some appliance shopping in later today...we need a good clothes dryer. Can't wait ta get my soul back. My 2011 Soul made by Kia, that is.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:04 AM

We went to Bargain Town in Moses Lake and bought an Amana dryer. It works like a champ. Living on the base will be good and we love our house here. It's big enough that it easily accommodates all of us and our stuff. Cold outside today. It was 19 degrees at Moses Lake.

Still driving around discovering new stores and things available to do. I'm thinking life is good and will get progressively better and better as I approach retirement over here at home in eastern Washington.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:44 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
moses lake WA

Old 02-23-2015, 03:11 PM

Thanks for that, seacove! Once I hook my printer up to my desktop I'll print that baby out.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:53 PM

Worked Monday night in Wenatchee to finish out my 2nd week of work. Long drive back in the morning for me. I'll need ta pull over ta sleep once or twice even to get safely back home even though it's only about a 65-mile drive. And my wife and I love the Hasting's both in Moses Lake but especially the one in Wenatchee. It's a primo Hasting's.

On the drive home to Moses Lake we took a diversion turn south at Quincy to head down to I-90 and headed the final 37 miles east home from there. It's great fun learning a new area-I'm having a ball with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington