Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 04:13 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times

Advertisements

Forks is a very backwards place.

I stopped at the local library to use their internet. I asked the librarian if I could borrow her cell phone. She said she didn't own her phone. What century are they in?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 05:37 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,923,033 times
I'd love to know if the OP - who hasn't posted for 6 months - ever made the move

Old 06-18-2013, 05:52 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
She did say she would update us... but she just might be too busy for us "twilight" haters.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:46 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,148,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
She did say she would update us... but she just might be too busy for us "twilight" haters.
(Tongue firmly in cheek):

(All): Looking forward to trip report, OP, from 3/6/13!

(OP): (crickets)

(All, louder): So what happened? Pretty please with sugar on it? How, pray tell, is life in Forks??

(OP): (Inner voice: (grumble) Oh, OK: not the best idea I've ever had, moving to Forks. Negativity...(mutter)...positivity...(mumble)...so mething about "stumps" from one guy on-thread...(grumble). Damn movies! Drove my Avis rental through town on 3/7, poked around, didn't meet the Cullens or Bellas (or whatever the frack), found out half the place is closed down, the other half waiting for someone to please please please just light a match and put it out of its misery. Sunny (Plano, San Antonio, Austin, whatever it was) never seemed so good!

(All): (Rousing chorus of "We Are the World!")

Old 06-18-2013, 10:10 PM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Forks would be the prefect place if you are part of witness protection program.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:00 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post

I stopped at the local library to use their internet. I asked the librarian if I could borrow her cell phone. She said she didn't own her phone. What century are they in?!
Wow what an attitude... Are you suggesting people without cell phones are backwards?. I could lash out at you with comments about hamster on a wheel myopic city folks but I will not...

I do not have a cell phone. I do not have a watch. Have you ever considered the librarian made the conscious choice to not be burdened by a cell phone?????

PS... What century? Whichever one we want to be in... We are not enslaved by the trappings of the current urban America..

Old 06-23-2013, 08:36 AM

78 posts, read 154,018 times
I saw this post and wanted to comment sooner. I've been to that area and fell in love too. I don't know about living in Forks but I know that Poulsbo is amazing and not far from there. But if you've been there and think it fits your needs I'd go for it. I'm from SA myself and though I think its a great place I wouldn't move back. I left a decade ago for military service. I'd move to WA in a heartbeat! I hope to get assigned there in a few years so we can see if its where we want to retire. I hope you end up living it as much as you expect. keep us posted.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post

Might I ask why you need to borrow her phone? Where was yours? I think that its a great that people live disconnected. I wish I had the will power. Lol many people today are looking to simplify and live quieter lives and there's nothing wrong with that. Its a bit sad you see her in this light.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBart View Post
OK.. I've been watching these threads and it seems that not many have a very high opinion of Forks.

My wife and I visited Forks two years ago during thanksgiving.. we found the town a bit spartan.. but that can be an attractive quality! I believe the town is shrinking... the very hotel we stayed in is now appearing in the real estate adverts that I watch... So what will happen to Forks? Will it be demoted from "Town" status to a "Census Designated Place" ? I still think Forks is an attractive place to be (remember where I'm from.. the county of Los Angeles has almost 3 million more people than the entire state of Washington!.. ie small is good)

Other posters have implied that there are "better" small towns... so what are they?

We are definately interested in the small town atmosphere, I, in particular, am interested in fishing!
Income is not a problem.. we're retiring soon ( and we want to get away from SoCal ! )

Thanks for your attention!

R
Have you considered Poulsbo? I love it. I have a friend there and its a quaint and active small town on the water.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:22 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikikans View Post
Might I ask why you need to borrow her phone? Where was yours? I think that its a great that people live disconnected. I wish I had the will power. Lol many people today are looking to simplify and live quieter lives and there's nothing wrong with that. Its a bit sad you see her in this light.
Sorry. It was meant as a joke on how standard cell phones have become these days. I can't remember why I needed to, it may have run out of battery power as I was traveling. I like my phone, I like being able to stay in touch with friends/family when not home and it's easier to meet up with people with a cell phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington