Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2020, 03:42 PM

1,195 posts, read 986,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
As long as politics reigns supreme in the debate over masks, we will be seeing the effect of political divide as a new health threat. I've read much of the posts from those who would politicize anything for the sake of having one more opportunity to argue their party politics. Masks are being debated as to whether they offer any valid protection-of oneself, or others, masks are deemed dangerous in themselves by those who need a reason not to wear them, and mandatory mask wearing is viewed by some as an affront to one's freedom.

Seat belts, motorcycle helmets, electrical inspections, most PPE, a too long list of those things the government mandates flies in the face of the argument over whether our "freedom" trumps our safety. And yet, most people obey those listed edicts which offer them protection from danger, and further, most people see the logic in doing so. So why the refusal to mask up in a viral pandemic?

Simply because it has become more political fodder, yes, that's the "real reason," not the numerical data, not the science behind epidemiology, and certainly not the constitutional definition of our individual rights, no it's just politics. If there was no valid reason to not mask up in the face of of viral threats doctors and medical techs would certainly avoid putting on a mask. Personally, I am not relying on Jay Inslee to direct my life with regard to the COVID 19 threat, I can read, I can reason, and I can factor those 130,000 deaths in my thinking about the why's of self protection and the occasional wisdom of government edicts.
Seat belts are a horrible example. For one driving has always been a privilege, in all but a handful of states. Seat belts have been around forever and flues have been around forever, the difference is now the economy is being held hostage and it's extremely political. If you want proof just see CNN.com any hour of the year, what is their headline propagating? FoxNews.com also to a lesser extent.

Medical people are not all wearing masks. They have incredible immunity due to their constant exposure. Take NC for example, very few wearing masks yet they have one of the lowest fatality rates. There's a ton of info and data that proves this fraud but the mainstream will never show it. It can only be found from travel and talking to people.

In February I flew domestically, I was the only one in 1000 people wearing a mask, because I stay ahead of the news and knew this virus is already here. But since then data has proved it a nothing burger. Soon this will become obvious to more and more people after they have already lost their livelihood. You better hope a money man like Trump serves the next term because that's what we will need. All this other mainstream crap is nothing more than a distraction. When people depend on the government for money, it's over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav51lin View Post
he shoud have shut things back down people are not social distancing all over spreads the disease
What about Nigeria? A country of 200,000,000+ and still only has 689 deaths from covid19. I guess they're social distancing down there. We can learn a lot from the Nigerians.

Old 07-10-2020, 04:06 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,923,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
What about Nigeria? A country of 200,000,000+ and still only has 689 deaths from covid19. I guess they're social distancing down there. We can learn a lot from the Nigerians.
One thing we can learn is not to trust that number.

Old 07-10-2020, 04:48 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Quote:
He's going to do well because the alternative is to wear masks forever and have the economy implode into a permanent welfare state. Have you ever been to England? Do you know how much doctors make there? Like I said before, you can blame until you're blue in the face but he's going to win and the fake news or creepy Joe can't stop him.
Yes, I have been to England. Perhaps 15 times or so, as I have relatives that live there and I often visit for a few days or a couple of weeks when traveling to continental Europe or north Africa.

The English standard of living is quite high, and it is a very pleasant country. Doctors make less there than they do here (about $160,000 annually vs close to $200,000 annually) but medical school costs about 80% less, and they do not have to worry about dealing with insurance companies or unpaid bills.

Quote:
Flues have come and went for centuries. Wearing masks only make people weaker and unable to use their antibodies.
You obviously do not know anything about how antibodies are developed or work.

Old 07-11-2020, 11:27 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Democratic leaders struggling to enforce lockdown in liberals controlled cities after getting rid of police.

With all the statues torn down pigeons are forced to poop on rioters.

Babylon bee.

Old 07-11-2020, 01:46 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
Quote:
Seat belts are a horrible example. For one driving has always been a privilege, in all but a handful of states. Seat belts have been around forever and flues have been around forever, the difference is now the economy is being held hostage and it's extremely political. If you want proof just see CNN.com any hour of the year, what is their headline propagating? FoxNews.com also to a lesser extent.

Medical people are not all wearing masks. They have incredible immunity due to their constant exposure. Take NC for example, very few wearing masks yet they have one of the lowest fatality rates. There's a ton of info and data that proves this fraud but the mainstream will never show it. It can only be found from travel and talking to people.

In February I flew domestically, I was the only one in 1000 people wearing a mask, because I stay ahead of the news and knew this virus is already here. But since then data has proved it a nothing burger. Soon this will become obvious to more and more people after they have already lost their livelihood. You better hope a money man like Trump serves the next term because that's what we will need. All this other mainstream crap is nothing more than a distraction. When people depend on the government for money, it's over.
You and others are determined to make this political, and yes medical personnel wear their PPE in spite of your claims. Thanks for making my point..

Old 07-11-2020, 03:41 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,932,037 times
Quote:
Flues have come and went for centuries. Wearing masks only make people weaker and unable to use their antibodies. Japan has few deaths because they're strictly counting deaths due to covid19, not every other precondition including old age and gunshot wounds. The only way to inoculate the entire world is to not wear masks, just let sick people stay home, which they tend to do anyway. Many will refuse this vaccine. I know a woman who is pulling her kids out of school if these upcoming vaccinations are mandated. The sheep will get their shot and be happily branded and their health will decline after many more shots, because this isn't a short term thing, part of a much larger more profitable plan of control.
Why do you keep bringing up the flue when you already proved that Covid is more dangerous than the seasonal flue? Furthermore I would’ve thought you are old enough to remember the success of the polio vaccine? Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t think this vaccine will eradicate this virus in a matter of months, nor do I think we should place all our bets on the vaccine solving this epidemic. I also don’t think masks will completely stop the spread, but it will slow it down making the crisis more manageable, and no I don’t think we need to completely shut down the economy again, many countries such as South Korea have proven you can do both. Also I do think that the best long term plan is for the virus to spread amongst the general population so that we do get heard immunity, but before we do that the doctors need to come up with even more effective treatments, (Just because a lot of people survive doesn’t mean they’re lungs are not permanently scared) otherwise you might as well just round up all the old and sick people and kill them now. Try to be a little bit more companionate, I’m sure if it was you or a loved one who was in the ER with Covid you would have a different outlook, just because you are not impacted doesn’t mean others are not. Even if 1% of people die, that is still going to be 3 million dead, I don’t know about you, but that’s a pretty selfish sacrifice to make just so that you can go shopping at Costco without a mask.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:34 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Flues have come and went for centuries. Wearing masks only make people weaker and unable to use their antibodies. Japan has few deaths because they're strictly counting deaths due to covid19, not every other precondition including old age and gunshot wounds. The only way to inoculate the entire world is to not wear masks, just let sick people stay home, which they tend to do anyway. Many will refuse this vaccine. I know a woman who is pulling her kids out of school if these upcoming vaccinations are mandated. The sheep will get their shot and be happily branded and their health will decline after many more shots, because this isn't a short term thing, part of a much larger more profitable plan of control.
Japan puts the lie to the whole thing, I agree. Country of 126 million people and they have counted less than 1000 Covid deaths last I heard a couple days ago. Compared to China they have little reason to fudge anything to the US or the rest of the world.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:37 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Democratic leaders struggling to enforce lockdown in liberals controlled cities after getting rid of police.

With all the statues torn down pigeons are forced to poop on rioters.

Babylon bee.
I'm just annoyed people keep putting an "e" on the end of flu where it doesn't belong. Good grief.

Old 07-11-2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
You and others are determined to make this political, and yes medical personnel wear their PPE in spite of your claims. Thanks for making my point..
I've seen plenty who aren't, this is not hear-say. With the recent mandates obviously more are obligated to wear the masks now, against their own beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington