Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2020, 10:49 PM

1,066 posts, read 892,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
The American radical left is making Europe look more sensible as of late. This is because of orange man syndrome. I've traveled the world and each country has their own flavor of conservatism vs liberalism, they arent identical. Many talking points are fads and will disappear. Like how we forgot about global warming when covid19 appeared.

So you are saying now, after changing your words, that it's the American radical left that's dictating which stance the WHO should have, and the rest of the world and experts in those countries are irrelevant? At the same time the U.S. moves to defund the WHO? Wow.

Quote:
It's funny how the radical left is trying to dictate which stance WHO should have. Frankly doesn't matter anymore since the US withdraw from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 04:14 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,067,115 times
much more relevant information on Facemasks here
Wearing a mask for COVID-19 makes me light headed but experts say I am lying!
https://www.city-data.com/forum/curr...-makes-me.html
https://www.city-data.com/forum/curr...ally-like.html

or for the science driven (including facemasks) ; https://www.city-data.com/forum/curr...ce-thread.html

but, WARNING; these threads are not 'steered' by frequently posting false and contentious information.

Old 07-09-2020, 04:22 AM

1,195 posts, read 986,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
So you are saying now, after changing your words, that it's the American radical left that's dictating which stance the WHO should have, and the rest of the world and experts in those countries are irrelevant? At the same time the U.S. moves to defund the WHO? Wow.
Yeah, CNN had an article urging the WHO to recommend many things, first for all to wear masks, now for people to wear masks outside (NJ has mandated this), and students to not go to school or be required to wear masks at school. I don't know what rock you live under or what you're talking about with experts in other countries. Defunding WHO is a great move, they haven't told us much of anything when we needed to know it and we don't need them. The genetic material tests are mixed with real tests and all counted together which is retarded.

I think people need to relax. The fatality rate has been going down as testing increased. You would think the common person has never had the flu before. I've had the seasonal flu a number of times (after taking flu shots), also a couple other horrible illnesses from the third world including a flesh eating bacteria, and I've recovered just fine because of immunity. This **** could kill anyone untreated with a weak immune system or whose just old or morbidly obese, or stressed out on top of everything. I have a sewing needle in the middle of my foot that's been there for 26 years and will always be there, didn't stop me from breaking sprint records. People need to quit being such snow flakes and stop worrying. Check this out from the CDC, the data is from 2017. Look how many causes are over the current 132k. Where is the concern and hysteria over those causes? Not a peep from doctors about taking care of our health. The gyms are some of the last places to open. These deaths are very profitable, that's why. And if the illness or growing cases doesn't serve an agenda/narrative, the mass media could give **** all about reporting it.

Leading Causes of Death
Data are for the U.S.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death
Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383

Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
Diabetes: 83,564
Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

Old 07-09-2020, 09:51 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
Quote:
You can blame until you're blue in the face, but get use to it because Trump is having a 2nd term. The fake news is getting the polls wrong all over again.
I fully expect Trump to do well in the next election, simply for the fact that America has been on a downward slide with regard to it's growing collective of anti intellectual Troglodytes among us. We've weathered worse than Trump in the past, and no thinking person really believes the GOP will tolerate the clown for much more than a vote getter who can rally the mindless, while the rest of the party looks on in disbelief. Your faith in Trump is little more than a reflection of Trump's personal values, you've had to adapt those values as the crumbs of Trump's largesse, and this is why he is such a successful con man, giving nothing and calling that--winning..

Old 07-10-2020, 01:01 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,932,037 times
Quote:
Yeah, CNN had an article urging the WHO to recommend many things, first for all to wear masks, now for people to wear masks outside (NJ has mandated this), and students to not go to school or be required to wear masks at school. I don't know what rock you live under or what you're talking about with experts in other countries. Defunding WHO is a great move, they haven't told us much of anything when we needed to know it and we don't need them. The genetic material tests are mixed with real tests and all counted together which is retarded.

I think people need to relax. The fatality rate has been going down as testing increased. You would think the common person has never had the flu before. I've had the seasonal flu a number of times (after taking flu shots), also a couple other horrible illnesses from the third world including a flesh eating bacteria, and I've recovered just fine because of immunity. This **** could kill anyone untreated with a weak immune system or whose just old or morbidly obese, or stressed out on top of everything. I have a sewing needle in the middle of my foot that's been there for 26 years and will always be there, didn't stop me from breaking sprint records. People need to quit being such snow flakes and stop worrying. Check this out from the CDC, the data is from 2017. Look how many causes are over the current 132k. Where is the concern and hysteria over those causes? Not a peep from doctors about taking care of our health. The gyms are some of the last places to open. These deaths are very profitable, that's why. And if the illness or growing cases doesn't serve an agenda/narrative, the mass media could give **** all about reporting it.

Leading Causes of Death
Data are for the U.S.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death
Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383

Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
Diabetes: 83,564
Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173
Well as you can see the year is still not over and has killed way more people than the flu, I agree that the death rate has decreased due to various reasons such as increased testing, but also due to better treatments. Just keep in mind that viruses spread exponentially when unmitigated, the easiest way to slow down the spread without hurting the economy is to wear a mask (or face shield), all you need to do is look at countries that regularly wear masks in East Asia, Japan has only had 981 people die and in South Korea only 288. Our response has been abysmal.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:23 AM

14,488 posts, read 12,121,454 times
Quote:
I have a sewing needle in the middle of my foot that's been there for 26 years and will always be there, didn't stop me from breaking sprint records.

You have had a sewing needle in the middle of your foot for 26 years? Huh!

Old 07-10-2020, 10:42 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
As long as politics reigns supreme in the debate over masks, we will be seeing the effect of political divide as a new health threat. I've read much of the posts from those who would politicize anything for the sake of having one more opportunity to argue their party politics. Masks are being debated as to whether they offer any valid protection-of oneself, or others, masks are deemed dangerous in themselves by those who need a reason not to wear them, and mandatory mask wearing is viewed by some as an affront to one's freedom.

Seat belts, motorcycle helmets, electrical inspections, most PPE, a too long list of those things the government mandates flies in the face of the argument over whether our "freedom" trumps our safety. And yet, most people obey those listed edicts which offer them protection from danger, and further, most people see the logic in doing so. So why the refusal to mask up in a viral pandemic?

Simply because it has become more political fodder, yes, that's the "real reason," not the numerical data, not the science behind epidemiology, and certainly not the constitutional definition of our individual rights, no it's just politics. If there was no valid reason to not mask up in the face of of viral threats doctors and medical techs would certainly avoid putting on a mask. Personally, I am not relying on Jay Inslee to direct my life with regard to the COVID 19 threat, I can read, I can reason, and I can factor those 130,000 deaths in my thinking about the why's of self protection and the occasional wisdom of government edicts.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
I fully expect Trump to do well in the next election, simply for the fact that America has been on a downward slide with regard to it's growing collective of anti intellectual Troglodytes among us. We've weathered worse than Trump in the past, and no thinking person really believes the GOP will tolerate the clown for much more than a vote getter who can rally the mindless, while the rest of the party looks on in disbelief. Your faith in Trump is little more than a reflection of Trump's personal values, you've had to adapt those values as the crumbs of Trump's largesse, and this is why he is such a successful con man, giving nothing and calling that--winning..
He's going to do well because the alternative is to wear masks forever and have the economy implode into a permanent welfare state. Have you ever been to England? Do you know how much doctors make there? Like I said before, you can blame until you're blue in the face but he's going to win and the fake news or creepy Joe can't stop him.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Well as you can see the year is still not over and has killed way more people than the flu, I agree that the death rate has decreased due to various reasons such as increased testing, but also due to better treatments. Just keep in mind that viruses spread exponentially when unmitigated, the easiest way to slow down the spread without hurting the economy is to wear a mask (or face shield), all you need to do is look at countries that regularly wear masks in East Asia, Japan has only had 981 people die and in South Korea only 288. Our response has been abysmal.
Flues have come and went for centuries. Wearing masks only make people weaker and unable to use their antibodies. Japan has few deaths because they're strictly counting deaths due to covid19, not every other precondition including old age and gunshot wounds. The only way to inoculate the entire world is to not wear masks, just let sick people stay home, which they tend to do anyway. Many will refuse this vaccine. I know a woman who is pulling her kids out of school if these upcoming vaccinations are mandated. The sheep will get their shot and be happily branded and their health will decline after many more shots, because this isn't a short term thing, part of a much larger more profitable plan of control.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
You have had a sewing needle in the middle of your foot for 26 years? Huh!
I was around 7 years old running around my house. I felt something jab into my foot, but couldn't see anything. Years later I injure my foot which prompts me to get an x-ray, which shows no broken bones but a needle in the middle, you can see the eye and everything. My relative use to use them and lived with us. I can't tell its there so I'm not bothered by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington