Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2021, 10:50 PM

302 posts, read 177,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
It's not an alternative for you maybe, Arcos... but it sure might be for other people who have their own reasons and considerations.

Yes, I'm vaccinated, but believe in the right of others to make their own decisions.

I don't know enough about monoclonal antibodies. I sure wish we were learning more about therapeutic options for people. I am not interested in mandating vaccines for everyone just to prevent healthy people from catching a cold. Once we have widely available therapeutics that will reduce the risk of COVID to the level of risk associated with other common colds and flues, the mandates need to END. We don't fire people or demand that they wear a mask all day at work or school, over the flu.

Really looking forward to that time. I am done with seeing waitresses have to wear a mask for their whole shift. I am way more than done with our kids needing to wear them.
Trust the science. The science is settled. Stay home and be safe. We have to reduce our carbon footprint. There's too many people in the world, which is why we need our booster.

Old 11-07-2021, 12:44 AM

1,369 posts, read 714,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I do appreciate that we can talk about things that we disagree on.
All the best.
Andy.
Same here. And to be clear, the ‘we got this’ comment was aimed at a different poster.

What do you feel is the worst lie you were told/you heard? It is distressing that you feel lied to or were lied to. And who told you that specific lie?

Old 11-07-2021, 08:50 AM

14,488 posts, read 12,114,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post
Trust the science. The science is settled. Stay home and be safe. We have to reduce our carbon footprint. There's too many people in the world, which is why we need our booster.

What are you, an automatic liberal talking point bot? Or are you being sarcastic?

Old 11-07-2021, 09:32 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
For me I consider an omission or even the right deflection a lie.
I also consider lies to be lies.

The Dr Fauci thing really bothers me.
The virtue signaling really bothers me. Not so much from average people but rather those in leadership.
The omission of antibodies included in statistics or policies bother me.
The multiple governors exemptions of certain unions to mandates because of their contributions.

Then there is the just bad decision making that while I don’t like them I don’t consider them to be lies, they are just bad policies.
There are lots of those.

Also,
I should have said “I don’t think we got this” instead of “I don’t think you got this”.
Please accept my apologies for that.

All the best.

Old 11-07-2021, 10:27 AM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
For me I consider an omission or even the right deflection a lie.
I also consider lies to be lies.

The Dr Fauci thing really bothers me.
The virtue signaling really bothers me. Not so much from average people but rather those in leadership.
The omission of antibodies included in statistics or policies bother me.
The multiple governors exemptions of certain unions to mandates because of their contributions.

Then there is the just bad decision making that while I don’t like them I don’t consider them to be lies, they are just bad policies.
There are lots of those.

Also,
I should have said “I don’t think we got this” instead of “I don’t think you got this”.
Please accept my apologies for that.

All the best.
Yes in the highlighted above: Fauci using tax payers money he helped direct to both the Wuhan lab which he first denied and now the dog experiments has a lot of people not trusting anything he says, and rightly so.

Old 11-07-2021, 10:30 AM

Another vaccinated person in Clallam county has died from the Wuhan virus.
I wish Berry would be more transparent about the number of vaccinated people who have passed or even the number of vaccinated people who have tested positive.

Old 11-07-2021, 11:52 AM

The way I see it is if you are not being transparent you are not being honest.
Why not share the information?
Could it be so you have a special interest that you don’t want to share?

Old 11-08-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
The way I see it is if you are not being transparent you are not being honest.
Why not share the information?
Could it be so you have a special interest that you don’t want to share?
Could it be and I am not saying it true but could it be that Fauci has some monetary stake in one or more of the drug companies? We know he had used US taxpayer monies to fund the Wuhan lab and dog experiments while denying it.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:58 AM

I am sure he has investments in big Pharma.
It’s the area that he knows about.
I have investments in areas that I know about.

Getting some info on his investments would be interesting though.
Not to say it’s a bad thing or a crooked thing just an interesting thing.
I don’t like him but I just don’t think that he is crooked in this way.

Old 11-10-2021, 09:31 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,439,526 times
SO...spouse & I have been vaccinated (boosters next week), mask-wearing, crowd-avoiding citizens of Clallam county. About 2 1/2 weeks ago, I got sick. I don't have covid. However, I had probably the worst head cold in my life, & the first in at least 20 years. Spouse has COPD & fortunately, did not get sick. Our "exposure" was either at his pulmonologist or the grocery store. I am not fat. I do have a few medical conditions, as does spouse, nothing that is that bad. Spouse wears cloth mask, I wear blue paper surgical mask. We don't have KN95 masks. We sanitize our hands, have "going in public" shoes that stay in our vehicle(s), change our clothes when we get home. Where we go in public, most are mask-compliant. We avoid indoor gatherings.

I'm well now, but pondering this...a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington