Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2022, 12:51 PM

1,369 posts, read 714,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Decisions like that make people lose confidence in the government. Right now the hospitalizations are at a record low and yet they keep mandating masks in some places. Philadelphia with 2 deaths per day re-instated indoor mask mandates. Why? When decisions like this make no sense, more and more people start losing patience and eventually stop complying. What is the goal exactly because nobody knows? Before you know it, there will be more crazy and depressed young people and children than deaths from Covid if this madness keeps going a little longer and nobody cares about this and it keeps getting ignored. What is the goal Fauci and CDC? I don't think they know either.
I haven’t looked at Philly’s numbers or reasons. My point was about airplane travel.

Fauci is pretty much advising what you have been advocating for these last few months. He doesn’t own or control Philly.

Old 04-15-2022, 09:52 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,413,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
No, that’s someone trying to explain the difference between a virus and a disease to you, and you aren’t quite getting it.

And we benefit greatly from having the CDC as well as state and local health services. They do the hard work to keep Americans alive, much appreciated efforts. Dr. Fauci has been working very hard for a long time now. I hope that President Biden awards him a national honor before the end of his term. Well deserved.
Stop....stop telling me what I get and don't get...you aren't a God are you?
If the CDC and others are keeping us alive why did nearly a million people die?
The only thing Fauci was doing and is doing is padding his wallet.

Old 04-15-2022, 10:12 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,081,026 times
Award him a national honor?

How about we serve him up some of what Rand Paul has in mind for him?

Old 04-15-2022, 10:32 AM

You guys can keep building whatever constructs in your mind that make you rationalize the situation we are in and find someone to blame (fueled heavily by the low quality news media you seem to love to consume, for their benefit, not yours). Those of us serious against the virus will continue to be vigilant, respond to the actual problem, and advocate for the actions that save lives, while also keeping all the other issues in mind.

I didn’t mean to trigger you. Virus levels are low for now, case loads are low. Your actions and attitudes don’t matter, one way or another, against the spread of the disease in the current state, so no sense in badgering anyone.

The problem remains and serious people will keep working to monitor it and take action where and if needed.

Old 04-15-2022, 10:41 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,672,864 times
Quote:
You guys can keep building whatever constructs in your mind that make you rationalize the situation we are in and find someone to blame. Those of us serious against the virus will continue to be vigilant, respond to the actual problem, and advocate for the actions that save lives, while also keeping all the other issues in mind.

I didn’t mean to trigger you. Virus levels are low for now, case loads are low. Your actions and attitudes don’t matter, one way or another, against the spread of the disease in the current state, so no sense in badgering anyone.

The problem remains and serious people will keep working to monitor it and take action where and if needed.
I wish there was as much of a fight for lifestyle diseases, that kill by themselves or through other means such as Covid. Never really hear you or CDC or the media preach that. In fact the media is all about acceptance of fatness these days. "people in bigger bodies"... that's what fat people are called.

Like yesterday I was called a "person assigned female at birth". I was looking up perimenopause. A condition that affects... not women, not biological women, but specifically "people assigned female at birth". Well, Jez, can we just assign all babies as males from now on so that NOBODY has to have periods, birth pains and, eventually, menopause issues?

Maybe I can just go and find the guy who assigned me female at my birth and sue him for my hormone imbalances?

This world is so messed up.

Old 04-15-2022, 11:22 AM

As I said, you conflate other things with the pandemic. Sure, there’s a lot that could be changed in the world. Not my focus or the topic of this discussion. But I will say that your general discussion of a need for a greater health care in a more holistic sense is better matched by action from the Democratic Party than from the Republican party, so there’s that.

OK when I say action, I don’t mean lofty speeches, I mean the same hard grind of writing laws, promoting actions, and actually executing policy that people on this forum seem to resent from their local state and federal healthcare officials.

You can choose to live in a world of reality TV news, or focus on the actual work, which is done in the background, and not featured on the general news. Perhaps attend a zoom call of a hospital system for example and learn what is actually happening as opposed to getting your information strained through the sieve of angry news, whose primary function is to keep you irritated, keep you clicking, and keep that ad revenue going.

Old 04-15-2022, 12:15 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,672,864 times
Quote:
As I said, you conflate other things with the pandemic. Sure, there’s a lot that could be changed in the world. Not my focus or the topic of this discussion. But I will say that your general discussion of a need for a greater health care in a more holistic sense is better matched by action from the Democratic Party than from the Republican party, so there’s that.

OK when I say action, I don’t mean lofty speeches, I mean the same hard grind of writing laws, promoting actions, and actually executing policy that people on this forum seem to resent from their local state and federal healthcare officials.

You can choose to live in a world of reality TV news, or focus on the actual work, which is done in the background, and not featured on the general news. Perhaps attend a zoom call of a hospital system for example and learn what is actually happening as opposed to getting your information strained through the sieve of angry news, whose primary function is to keep you irritated, keep you clicking, and keep that ad revenue going.
My son is friends with a kid of a... well, not quite sure, but they are all over the health industry, owning, among other things, part-ownership in some sort of medical insurance. Their holdings, just in our neighborhood, are in the mid-8 figures.. owns 4 SFH ($2m-5m each). Rolls Royce. Lambo. Some sort of motorcycle that's in the 7 figures. Not sure what else they have, but I've heard about a penthouse in Bellevue and that they are looking to buy the first yacht this summer. Drop in the bucket.

I bought my kid a $400 chain and the friend pulls out a $4k David Yurman chain from under their shirt.

I'm telling you this because whoever this individual is they really far up there (where ever that may be), making serious coin that none of us can comprehend.

Anyway. I've heard from the horse's mouth what they think of Covid and the vaccines. I won't say everything, but I do know they are not vaccinated. Also says Covid is NOT going away anytime soon. I don't know if they benefit from Covid being around or not. Judging by their budget allowances though, I would say it's not hurting them.

So I can listen in on a hospital system zoom call or I can talk to someone, off the record, that has substantial financial interest in a hospital system.

Old 04-15-2022, 12:33 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,133,000 times
Quote:
You guys can keep building whatever constructs in your mind that make you rationalize the situation we are in and find someone to blame (fueled heavily by the low quality news media you seem to love to consume, for their benefit, not yours). Those of us serious against the virus will continue to be vigilant, respond to the actual problem, and advocate for the actions that save lives, while also keeping all the other issues in mind.

The 1918 flu pandemic was over in 1920 without any vaccines. The Covid pandemic is apparently still in the 4th inning despite having vaccines, treatments and pills. How do you explain this? Because for the majority of people, that makes no sense and there is something else that is going on. More people are waking up and this BS will be over sooner or later.

https://fortune.com/2022/04/12/covid...mask-mandates/

Old 04-15-2022, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
The 1918 flu pandemic was over in 1920 without any vaccines. The Covid pandemic is apparently still in the 4th inning despite having vaccines, treatments and pills. How do you explain this? Because for the majority of people, that makes no sense and there is something else that is going on. More people are waking up and this BS will be over one way or another.

https://fortune.com/2022/04/12/covid...mask-mandates/
This is not 1918. We are far more advanced across the world and especially the US. Science itself has made exponential advances. Within years, the type of biotech advances against disease we will be making will shock and surprise ME, I am betting. Beyond comprehension.

Old 04-15-2022, 01:11 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,081,026 times
Toss in a touch of forced honesty curtesy Mr. Musk and this ship will probably get back on course.

Why does the smartest innovator that has blessed the earth in generations seem to think we are being fed a line of excrement?

So yes we are and have been mislead.
We are also being forced into tribes.

This woke path of lying and deceit is really bad for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington