Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Fed/Potus Mandates needed for WA?
Yes, these Federal/Potus Vax Mandates are needed 55 29.57%
No, these Fed/Potus Vax Mandates are NOT needed 124 66.67%
We don't know yet 7 3.76%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 11:23 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,675,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusVelo View Post
Can you tell me the deaths per 100,000 for Florida and Washington? I’ll hang up and listen.
I'm looking at case rates, not death rates. Just compare them yourself. They're easy to find. So do you work for Inslee yourself? You and Arcos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
You think Ali Mokdad of UW is a ‘jerkw@d’? What did he ever do to you?

I’m so glad we have a great leader like Inslee with a proven track record of success, leading Washington through such a difficult time. Like strong conservative leaders such as Mike DeWine, and powerful moderates such as Larry Hogan, some politicians have had the fortitude to follow the advice of epidemiologists during an epidemic (shocker) and keep our people safe and strong through this pandemic.

Those who chose not to believe what we know to be effective against Covid will naturally be dissatisfied. Certainly cause for more STEM education in schools.
We know you're glad about your great leader. We know he's proven himself to you.

And you know many of us don't at all agree with your opinion.

Old 02-16-2022, 12:11 AM

1,066 posts, read 893,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
I'm looking at case rates, not death rates. Just compare them yourself. They're easy to find. So do you work for Inslee yourself? You and Arcos?
Why would you not look at death rates? I don't have any attachment to Inslee, just surprised you'd ignore what I believe is the 2nd lowest death rate in the nation from Covid. Pretty outstanding result.

Old 02-16-2022, 12:19 AM

1,369 posts, read 715,405 times
Again, I strongly believe that the guy was misquoted. I still don’t see why you are so angry at this scientist, who is publicly calling for the mask mandate to be lifted, based on, not what he wants, but on what the data show.

Which is EXACTLY what a scientist is supposed to do… keep individual bias out and report the results.

And the fact that Inslee’s guidance matches this scientist’s recommendations? EXACTLY what an unbiased leader should do.

Old 02-16-2022, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Why would you not look at death rates? I don't have any attachment to Inslee, just surprised you'd ignore what I believe is the 2nd lowest death rate in the nation from Covid. Pretty outstanding result.
Yes. We can do that too..... deaths per 1m... here we go...

[url]https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us[/url]

Look at Florida...

Florida 3,162

SO TERRIFYING....

So bad...

Oh...

Wait...

New Mexico 3,201

Georgia 3,234

Rhode Island 3,203

Indiana 3,305

Pennsylvania 3,314

Massachusetts 3,333

New York 3,449

Michigan 3,356

Arkansas 3,360

West Virginia 3,385

Tennessee 3,436

Louisiana 3,497

Alabama 3,601

New Jersey 3,657

Arizona 3,735

Mississippi 3,930

That IHME "researcher" is the political puppet handler with no business bringing up Florida when 1/3 of country has faired worse.

Old 02-16-2022, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Again, I strongly believe that the guy was misquoted. I still don’t see why you are so angry at this scientist, who is publicly calling for the mask mandate to be lifted, based on, not what he wants, but on what the data show.

Which is EXACTLY what a scientist is supposed to do… keep individual bias out and report the results.

And the fact that Inslee’s guidance matches this scientist’s recommendations? EXACTLY what an unbiased leader should do.
I'd love some evidence along with that statement.

Old 02-16-2022, 12:58 AM

1,066 posts, read 893,259 times
Quote:
Yes. We can do that too..... deaths per 1m... here we go...

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us

Look at Florida...

Florida 3,162

SO TERRIFYING....

So bad...

Oh...

Wait...

New Mexico 3,201

Georgia 3,234

Rhode Island 3,203

Indiana 3,305

Pennsylvania 3,314

Massachusetts 3,333

New York 3,449

Michigan 3,356

Arkansas 3,360

West Virginia 3,385

Tennessee 3,436

Louisiana 3,497

Alabama 3,601

New Jersey 3,657

Arizona 3,735

Mississippi 3,930

That IHME "researcher" is the political puppet handler with no business bringing up Florida when 1/3 of country has faired worse.
Why’d you leave Washington out?

Old 02-16-2022, 01:08 AM

1,369 posts, read 715,405 times
Quote:
I'd love some evidence along with that statement.
That he was misquoted? As I said, it’s just my belief based on his grammar (maybe English isn’t his first language), his intent, and the sloppy writing elsewhere in the report.

I can easily be wrong, but I think his intent was to say that CA was there, FL was there, and WA wasn’t there before, but is there now. Just my opinion. Reread it and what do you think… I may be completely off base.

I mean, why would he say anything about FL not being ready to unmask. It’s off topic.

Old 02-16-2022, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Why’d you leave Washington out?
Why are you changing the subject?

Old 02-16-2022, 01:22 AM

Quote:
That he was misquoted? As I said, it’s just my belief based on his grammar (maybe English isn’t his first language), his intent, and the sloppy writing elsewhere in the report.

I can easily be wrong, but I think his intent was to say that CA was there, FL was there, and WA wasn’t there before, but is there now. Just my opinion. Reread it and what do you think… I may be completely off base.

I mean, why would he say anything about FL not being ready to unmask. It’s off topic.
It is quite off topic and that's in part why it's pretty incendiary for me. And it's a direct and complete quote. Not like what I've done here (or all of us) where we pick and peck at certain words or phrases in each other's posts.

He said this all in one shot:

“Not right now. We’re still coming down in terms of hospital admissions. But many states like Florida a mask mandate is needed. California a mask mandate is not needed. But, in a week from now for our own state, yes, we don’t need a mask mandate. I want to add to that we don’t need a mask mandate in schools as well.”

And then throwing in the last bit about masks not needed at school. Just to quell any last doubts from the teachers and students, especially those Seattle high schoolers that actually walked out in protests LAST MONTH for not supposedly having enough protection.

Gotta make sure to cover all the ground here, right?

I mean, come on...

Even you agree it's awkward. But you're giving him the benefit of the doubt because it fits with the change in narrative you've been gently guided into accepting.

Where as the rest of us (when they wake up and read this tomorrow )....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington