Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Fed/Potus Mandates needed for WA?
Yes, these Federal/Potus Vax Mandates are needed 55 29.57%
No, these Fed/Potus Vax Mandates are NOT needed 124 66.67%
We don't know yet 7 3.76%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 11:22 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,671,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
People are complaining that the FDA is considering authorization of vaccines for certain ages, and that is literally their job. They do all their work in public, so this question of cutting corners, would be open to the public. There is no question of a mandate, in that case. They are authorizing, not mandating.

Again, it seems to me that people do not trust the process, but they also do not know what the process is, nor do they care what the process is.They just feel how they feel. That is certainly anyone’s right, but that doesn’t mean that government should grind to a halt. It’s the difference between feeling a certain way about an issue, and having a legal responsibility about that same issue. Somebody may have doubts about my driving skills, but if I am the bus driver, I can’t just take my hands off the wheel and pray.
I don't have a problem with authorization... I have a problem with mandates. I'm a broken record on this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 11:22 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,079,464 times
There were 6 cases of omicron infections at my kids work.
The ages of the people were between 22 and 55.

Half did not have that experimental shot.
Everyone was fine after a few days and tested negative in a week.

This is a masked office work environment.
I see no benefit to this group for wearing a mask or being injected.

I don’t doubt that there are thousands of more groups like this.

Old 02-14-2022, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I think money, greed and thirst for power are human flaws that are also involved with this mess.
My days of trust and patience are long gone.

I now find myself in support of the peaceful protests that our Canadian neighbors are/were doing.
Same. Wish it would come to our borders. It's not particularly just that most of the country have been able to carry on with their lives as they want for over a year, but here in WA we have to live by a stricter set of rules.

I don't care about "saving lives" when people can now decide for themselves if they want to be "saved". Wear a mask, get vaccinated and boosted. Stay away from people. Those are all personal choices.

Old 02-14-2022, 11:27 AM

Quote:
There were 6 cases of omicron infections at my kids work.
The ages of the people were between 22 and 55.

Half did not have that experimental shot.
Everyone was fine after a few days and tested negative in a week.

This is a masked office work environment.
I see no benefit to this group for wearing a mask or being injected.

I don’t doubt that there are thousands of more groups like this.
I said in December that 3/4 of us got sick with Omicron. 4/4 vaccinated.

Oh yeah... so my boss got covid two weeks ago. Found out her spouse is un-vaxxed. Against them. She was worried, but he. never got it, or if he did.. he was asymptomatic. It's like what snowman was saying.

Old 02-14-2022, 11:30 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I don't think the government is TRYING to harm people.

I just think they don't know as much as they think they know. They really WANT it to work... To the point where they're not listening to anything that doesn't support that narrative. That is not all that far-fetched, it's a fairly common human flaw.
Exactly my thinking.

Old 02-14-2022, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Maybe if the omicron variant is so mild that it turns out to be less harmful than the vaccine, it would be time to revisit that. Maybe that’s why the FDA delayed review of the vaccine for under 5. We’ll see, and as usual, the results will be public.
The problem with the vaccine for children is that they are looking at the data for adults and make decisions based on that. But children are not young adults. That is why so many people are against this vaccine for children under 12.

Last edited by Botev1912; 02-14-2022 at 11:53 AM..

Old 02-14-2022, 11:39 AM

1,066 posts, read 892,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
The problem with the vaccine for children is that they are looking at the data for adults and make decisions based on that. The problem is children are not young adults. That is why so many people are against this vaccine for children under 12.
What’s your evidence of this? They have children who were signed up by their parents for trials which is how they know 2 doses doesn’t provide the response that’s needed for protection.

Old 02-14-2022, 11:53 AM

1,369 posts, read 714,758 times
Quote:
I think money, greed and thirst for power are human flaws that are also involved with this mess.
My days of trust and patience are long gone.

I now find myself in support of the peaceful protests that our Canadian neighbors are/were doing.
I agree that Pfizer, at least, should not be trusted on its own decision making. Definitely self interested. And will certainly have some influence on decision makers in government.

Old 02-14-2022, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusVelo View Post
What’s your evidence of this? They have children who were signed up by their parents for trials which is how they know 2 doses doesn’t provide the response that’s needed for protection.
The safety factor plus risk-benefits. They are different for a 5 year old and a 80 year old.

Old 02-14-2022, 12:03 PM

1,369 posts, read 714,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
The problem with the vaccine for children is that they are looking at the data for adults and make decisions based on that. But children are not young adults. That is why so many people are against this vaccine for children under 12.
I’m confused. I’d be worried if they were doing this. My understanding is that they are using trial data for under 5s to determine vaccine use for under 5s, same as everything else. Are they not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington