Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 06:40 PM

473 posts, read 1,702,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrd13 View Post
The prices aren't dropping rapidly if that's what your wondering. They seem to be leveling off, but this time of year also brings changes in the market. Less people seem to be looking to buy and less people seem to be selling in the winter months. Sellers haven't given up hope that they can sell their house for what they could in 04' and 05'. House prices are still high, they just stay on the market a lot longer now.
The property taxes in Washington are grave. Maybe Idaho would be a better choice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 08:35 AM

131 posts, read 323,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray427 View Post
The property taxes in Washington are grave. Maybe Idaho would be a better choice
Well, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should stay where you are?

Look at it from my p.o.v., okay? Why would I want you to move to my state if you can't afford to live here? Why would anyone want you?

Old 11-30-2007, 10:28 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,781,783 times
Where do the majority of Bham residents buy furniture from, when I lived there, there was Smiths Home Furnishings, but they have been gone for over 12 years now.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
Well, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should stay where you are?

Look at it from my p.o.v., okay? Why would I want you to move to my state if you can't afford to live here? Why would anyone want you?

Old 12-01-2007, 08:30 AM

131 posts, read 323,427 times
Quote:
Does that mean you are looking elsewhere?

Our taxes are skyhigh and the price of gas is higher than anywhere else in the whole world.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,149 times
Thumbs up cheaper in P.A!!! lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by racechick73 View Post
And P.A. has much cheaper housing. Good luck to you guys! Maybe you can buy our house since we're pretty adamant about leaving- how does August sound?
O.k so your gonna say housing is cheaper on p.a of course it is noone wants to live there jobs suck unless you live in Pittsburgh and paying high taxes and traffic way worse. The weather is much hotter in the summer and alot colder in the winter. I lived in Ohio my whole life moving to Michigan 4 years ago the to Delaware and back to Ohio before moving to Washington. Ohio you can buy a house 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms 3 story for 2,000 yeah 2 grand. Why?? economy sucks!!!! Bellingham is the most beautiful place i'v been to yeah the weather sucks, but there are jobs beautiful scenery things to do. I love it here and wouldnt mve for nothing. So come on people stop bitchin welll i am sure if there was more sun out everyone would be happy. Things could be worse you could have snow to your knees at below 10 degree temps in P.A. with no job!!! GET REAL there is no place like Bellingham 100 percent natural beauty with or with out the rain.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:19 PM

How about Texas? I heard new homes down there are in the $200,000 range.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
How about Texas? I heard new homes down there are in the $200,000 range.
That is the most miserable state I have ever lived. You can find homes in the 125K range, but who the H...would want to live there. Certainly no one from the west coast. Its flat, ugly, humid, full of nasty loud bitting bugs, snakes, low wages, hurricanes, tornadoes, dangerous electrical storms. Prop taxes on 200k is 6 grand, yes thats not a mistake. Just move out of Bellingham and sell me your house CHEAP if your desperate to get out. Im desperate to get back in.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:48 PM

339 posts, read 707,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
That is the most miserable state I have ever lived. You can find homes in the 125K range, but who the H...would want to live there. Certainly no one from the west coast. Its flat, ugly, humid, full of nasty loud bitting bugs, snakes, low wages, hurricanes, tornadoes, dangerous electrical storms. Prop taxes on 200k is 6 grand, yes thats not a mistake. Just move out of Bellingham and sell me your house CHEAP if your desperate to get out. Im desperate to get back in.

Uh...have you noticed that we have recently asked for disaster relief for I don't know how many counties here in Western WA due to the fact people need scuba gear to live in their houses? Those poor people have salmon swimming through their living rooms. But they don't have bugs or snakes I bet. I'm thinking now is not a good time to compare WA to any other place in the natural disaster aspect or the "this could happen to you" aspect of the bad. I'm just sayin'.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD View Post
Uh...have you noticed that we have recently asked for disaster relief for I don't know how many counties here in Western WA due to the fact people need scuba gear to live in their houses? Those poor people have salmon swimming through their living rooms. But they don't have bugs or snakes I bet. I'm thinking now is not a good time to compare WA to any other place in the natural disaster aspect or the "this could happen to you" aspect of the bad. I'm just sayin'.
Texas gets major Floding desasters every year. Especially in 2007. YEs these are the house destroying desasters. Texas had over 9 major natural desasters in the 5 months I lived there. We have seen nothing compared to Texas. Not to mention add in several tornados. Instead of salmon, try have water moccasins swiming in your home. THen once the flood receeds you get infested by millions and millions of nasty black crickets. And then deal with the mugginess.....A flood in Oregon and Wa every 10-12 years or so compared to every year, several times a year IMO is a much better option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington