Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 09:03 PM

223 posts, read 1,275,678 times

Advertisements

For those of you that answer questions here about Washington and Seattle, what are your qualifications? Here are mine:

Born in Seattle 45 years ago.
Spent the first 15 years of my life in Kennewick.
Graduated from high school in Bothell.
Other than 18 months living in the LA area, I have spent my entire adult life in western Washington.
I have lived in:
Seattle
- Queen Anne
- Phinney Ridge
- Magnolia
Woodinville
Bothell
Everett
Mountlake Terrace
Bellingham
Anacortes

I have owned homes in Kirkland, La Conner and (currently) Edmonds.

I travel extensively throughout the Pacific Northwest every year going to car shows and visiting friends that live from Ferndale to Seaside, OR to the Tri-Cities to Victoria BC.

Lets hear about you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 09:22 PM

323 posts, read 1,969,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wythors View Post
For those of you that answer questions here about Washington and Seattle, what are your qualifications?
Seattle: '67 - '70
Tacoma: '73 - '80
Seattle: '80 - '82
Tacoma: '83 - '87
Bonney Lake: '87 - '94
Tacoma: '94 - 2007

If I travelled extensively outside of the PNW I might have been able to continue to survive the winters

Old 04-10-2007, 09:26 PM

550 posts, read 3,267,492 times
Was born and raised in the east Clark County/west Skamania county areas until relocating, (reluctantly), about 3 years ago. (Also, worked in various cities in Oregon.)

As a kid, my grandparents were big fans of road trips. Grandpa's favorite car game was to ask my sister and I which way to turn at each crossroad. We ended up seeing most of the state with Grams and Gramps because of these goofy trips. Lots of time in the Gifford Pinchot Nat'l Forest. Heck, we even ended up in northern CA once.

Other than that, we have some very close friends living on the coast, my great-grandparents are from the Port Townsend area, and all of my in-laws live around Seattle.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:29 PM

388 posts, read 1,785,944 times
Lived in Lakewood'57-'58

Lived in Lakewood '66-'67

Returned late '75 and left in Dec '06, Lived in Tacoma ( I had a couple of year long trips to Asian cities while my family remained there; Army thing)

Old 04-11-2007, 10:26 AM

121 posts, read 536,336 times
Born in Seattle 33 years ago, lived in North Seattle the first few years of my life.

Mt. Vernon 75-78 (don't remember much)
Chehalis until 78-92 (graduated High School there).
UW 92-96
North Seattle 96-98
Edmonds 98-present (own Townhome)

I have commuted to work in Downtown Seattle since 1993. By Car, Commuter Bus, Carpool, and Motorcycle. As an anecdotal note, I have calculated that I have spent at least 4 entire months of the last 9 years commuting...thats approximately 120 days x 24/7...talk about depressing.

I have close family members that currently live in Burlington, Marysville, Chehalis, Tummwater, Sammamish, Issaquah, Bothell, Puyallup, and East Wenatchee.

Other tidbits:
My grandfather is a retired Assistant Chief of the Seattle Police Department.

My father has been selling commercial and some residential real estate in the North End (North of Everett) for 20+ years. 'rocco, he is also a Lincoln Seattle Grad - '64.

I travel to Texas and the SE approximately 1/3 of the year for work...so I've spent quite a bit of time in those regions, but have never lived out of this area.

One of my hobbies has always been watching the real estate market, but I have been actively looking for a home in the Seattle Metro area for about 6 months, so my current thoughts and opinions on the housing market are based on actual recent experience, whatever thats worth .

Old 04-11-2007, 11:29 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,708,985 times
I don't see myself at all like a Native and always say so, I tell people I'm a transplant and give my transplant view...I deal only with Seattle only not all of washington since I don't know the whole state that much - Plus I am extremely detail oriented and like to know where everything is where I live so I put a llot of my energy in understanding where I am...I also am an Economist for Urban Planning - so knowing Urban Sprawl is my thing

That said:

Born in Santa Monica Ca 35 year ago
Lived in Los Angeles til age 15
Lived in Lake Arrowhead CA (San Bernardino Mountiains) til age 21
Live in Sacramento CA for about 10 years
Moved to Seattle about 3 years ago - Live in Greenlake, work downtown

Old 04-11-2007, 03:06 PM

292 posts, read 1,448,925 times
Second generation born in Seattle 1972, never left the region.
Family with roots in West Seattle.
Grew up in the Silver Lake area of south Snohomish County.
Parent worked in Seattle municipal government agency.
Travelled extensively throughout the PNW.
Lived in Everett, Lynnwood, Woodinville, Mill Creek (all Sno. Co).
Met & married a guy from Spanaway who also lived in Tacoma, Fife, Milton.
Spent time in Pierce County/Tacoma through that relationship.
Currently relocating (somewhat begrudgingly) to South King County area.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:30 PM

559 posts, read 2,116,946 times
Born as fourth generation in Kitsap County, WA.
Moved to California when I was 5.
Moved to SC when I was 7.
Moved to GA when I was 9.
Moved to SC when I was 14.
Moved back to WA when I was 35 and have been here ever since.
Now am ready to move back to the South....

Old 04-11-2007, 09:41 PM

416 posts, read 2,511,194 times
Tacoma (all over from Spanaway to Fife) birth - 2003
Arizona - Phoenix area 2003 - current

Old 04-11-2007, 10:53 PM

797 posts, read 2,993,652 times
20years of living in the great Pacific Northwest
2yrs in Oregon and 18yrs in Western Washington

I worked at the Seattle Trade Center for 3 years and commuted downtown from Lynnwood during the whole time.

I also was self employed (small business consultant/bookkeeper) for 8 yrs (1997-2005) commuting (lived in Lynnwood) on a regular basis everywhere from West Seattle, Queen Anne, Freemont, Ballard, U-District, Northgate, Issaquah, Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Lynnwood, Everett, Woodinville, Snohomish, Monroe, Marysville, and Arlington.

I am also crazy about the outdoors and my whole family makes it a priority to get out and see everything! We have ventured to nearly every corner of Washington state and have enjoyed the splendor of the area camping through out the summers.

I recently moved to TX to get dried up and curb my SAD and FMS, but I miss the PNW tons and am very excited about spending this summer up there again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington