Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 05:02 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,964,985 times

Advertisements

^^ I can say the same about people who like heat. The people who like heat are probably the ones that don't have to be outside working in it or ones that don't spend much time outside.

I am part of the group that loves winter, cold, and snow. I have shoveled before and I actually enjoyed it. It was exhilarating and it was a really good workout and working outside in the cold always energizes me. But, I can see why the cold can get a bit old sometimes for some people. But it could never get old for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 05:17 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,231,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
^^ I can say the same about people who like heat. The people who like heat are probably the ones that don't have to be outside working in it or ones that don't spend much time outside.

I am part of the group that loves winter, cold, and snow. I have shoveled before and I actually enjoyed it. It was exhilarating and it was a really good workout and working outside in the cold always energizes me. But, I can see why the cold can get a bit old sometimes for some people. But it could never get old for me
I agree. I've worked outdoors for the past few summers and my general dislike for it is always reconfirmed when I'm stuck outside in the heat, sun, and humidity for hours and hours. Absolutely awful when you're struggling to stay hydrated and there's no A/C nearby for temporary relief. Even being outside for only a few minutes during the summer can cause discomfort. I'm generally much more comfortable during the cooler months of the year.

I have to shovel every snowstorm and while it can be a nuisance, it is good exercise and well worth it.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicoe13 View Post
I miss having the nice long winters and massive amounts of snow in my home city of Syracuse,NY!!!

I love snow, preferably lots of it. Fall and winter are definitely my favorite seasons. I enjoy the snowstorms, months of cloudy weather, and everything about winters in Syracuse.

If I could, I would move some of Syracuse's weather down here to Kentucky so I would enjoy the climate a bit more
I love the climate of Upstate New York. Best of both worlds: cloudy and snowy.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:44 PM

14,328 posts, read 14,629,286 times
OK, I love my 4 seasons but 8-10" of snow with temps in the 20's, single digits tonight is a little over the top for me!

End of March, I'm ready for Spring, my yard turning green. It was just about snow free, except for the piles on the corner, and by the driveway! Now those are double the size again.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:33 PM

175 posts, read 324,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazz's View Post
Kids that don't shovel....
I agree. Oh, and there are also those who are praying for snow to fall so they don't have to go to school. Or those that don't drive (losing somebody because of not-at-fault accidents due to snow is never fun).

I hate extreme heat too, but I have to choose between being stuck outside when it's 88 degrees vs. when it's negative, I would choose the former anytime. The recent snowstorm has turned my stomach upside down, and the forecast, too, looks pretty disgusting for late March

Hopefully the mets get it wrong this time, though they seem to always get it right, only when I really want them to be wrong...

Old 03-25-2011, 04:44 AM

2,397 posts, read 3,351,936 times
I love Sydney on a cold, showery (and on better terms - rainy) & cloudy day with southerly winds , lasting for more than 2 - 3 days is paradise indeed.
Not much so during sunny, windy and icy-dry westerlies.
Feeling like a thousand knifes has gone just through one's body is truly not a pleasant experience .

Old 03-25-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbereth View Post
I agree. Oh, and there are also those who are praying for snow to fall so they don't have to go to school. Or those that don't drive (losing somebody because of not-at-fault accidents due to snow is never fun).
I guess I'm the exception since I have to drive 30 miles in all types of weather. This winter was certainly rough for driving, but I still love the snow.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:32 PM

497 posts, read 1,088,662 times
I like snow as something to look at on the hills. It never snows here, but at least once a winter I head up to a hut (30 km away) that has snow cover for 4-6 months of the year and get a few days of snow and cold. That and a few days at the local ski area ensure that I get my snow fix for the year. I wouldn't want to live in it all winter though, as things are generally much easier without snow on the ground.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:33 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,523,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
I like being outside in the heat. I don't work in the heat but do a lot physical activity in the heat. Though not really extreme heat.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:08 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,424,293 times
Warmth, sunshine, light et al.... = Life. Cold, dark, gloomy = death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather