Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate my Sexy Fictional Climate: Minoa, Turkey (Percentage scale)
90 +% 1 10.00%
75-90% 2 20.00%
60-75% 3 30.00%
45-60% 3 30.00%
Below 45 % 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 09:43 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,461,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidUsername View Post
Sickening. Why is this **** even allowed in the weather forum? Mods? Anyone?
So that people who always need to complain about something won't get bored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 10:53 PM

218 posts, read 376,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Alright, I apologize. Someone asked me why. Will not post again .

But what do you think about the climate I made up.

You seem to love bashing users in this forum. Wonder why
No need to apologize; you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't think these off topic posts should be in the weather forum. To answer your questions, I'm not a fan of this fictional climate, because while it does have wonderful summers, I prefer snow and cold in the winter and cooler spring/fall weather. I can see why many would like it though; it is mild, but has enough seasonal variation to avoid being boring. As for the "bashing"; I just find it ridiculous that my legitimate "London Vs. London" thread (as well as many other threads by other users) was closed for being "similar to London Vs. Toronto" (????) While off topic threads, such as those by AdriannaSmiling, are allowed to spam the board (sometimes taking up >5 spots on the first page!). In addition, I do think that this forum's credibility is negatively affected by fictional climates and unnecessarily personal comments such as the one you made and certain others by AdriannaSmiling about jumping around in a tank top. Really, this forum should be for all to enjoy and study, not to be spammed for the personal pleasure of a few whimsical posters.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:49 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,217,975 times
Quote:
No need to apologize; you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't think these off topic posts should be in the weather forum. To answer your questions, I'm not a fan of this fictional climate, because while it does have wonderful summers, I prefer snow and cold in the winter and cooler spring/fall weather. I can see why many would like it though; it is mild, but has enough seasonal variation to avoid being boring. As for the "bashing"; I just find it ridiculous that my legitimate "London Vs. London" thread (as well as many other threads by other users) was closed for being "similar to London Vs. Toronto" (????) While off topic threads, such as those by AdriannaSmiling, are allowed to spam the board (sometimes taking up >5 spots on the first page!). In addition, I do think that this forum's credibility is negatively affected by fictional climates and unnecessarily personal comments such as the one you made and certain others by AdriannaSmiling about jumping around in a tank top. Really, this forum should be for all to enjoy and study, not to be spammed for the personal pleasure of a few whimsical posters.
I am very sorry man. I sincerely apologize. I will never make up fictional climates again, since they suck up a lot of my time as well .

I started out in this forum just like you posting legitimate weather phenomenon across the nation. However, none of the people here ever found it interesting, and these so called "fictional climates" seem to be a huge talk. To mingle with the group I also started doing this. However, I have other interesting threads posted as well questioning general weather phenomenon across the nation. I advise you to look into those.

I had my Washington DC Vs. Shanghai thread removed because I created more than 1 poll per day. Somebody else comes along, creates the same thread and gets 50 posts . Stuff like this happens, and you need to deal with it and move on. Once, I again apologize for being inappropriate.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:26 AM

2,714 posts, read 3,046,417 times
Sounds great, would prefer a little cooler winters though. C.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:48 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,790,417 times
Ha ha I love ficitonal climate threads except for ones with horrible winters and too cool summers. As for this climate I find the winters too cool as I prefer palmy climates and this ones sligtly too cold for that, while summers aren't quite hot enough. As for precipitation I admit I'm too lazy to add up the inches but I suspect that it's not wet enough.

I give it a B-

Old 11-26-2013, 08:57 AM

Can anyone else find a location with transitional Mediterranean-Humid continental climate. Those areas would my favorite localities for weather.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I am very sorry man. I sincerely apologize. I will never make up fictional climates again, since they suck up a lot of my time as well .

I started out in this forum just like you posting legitimate weather phenomenon across the nation. However, none of the people here ever found it interesting, and these so called "fictional climates" seem to be a huge talk. To mingle with the group I also started doing this. However, I have other interesting threads posted as well questioning general weather phenomenon across the nation. I advise you to look into those.

I had my Washington DC Vs. Shanghai thread removed because I created more than 1 poll per day. Somebody else comes along, creates the same thread and gets 50 posts . Stuff like this happens, and you need to deal with it and move on. Once, I again apologize for being inappropriate.
Again, no need to apologize I have seen some of your legitimate threads, and they are indeed entertaining while still maintaining their integrity and a level of professionalism. I've actually responded to at least one of those threads. Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with you, or anyone else, on a personal level. The example you provided is exactly the thing that upsets me about this forum. Thread closed for making one poll per day, but it's okay to have 5 similar fictional threads on the first page? The mods need to focus their effort on making the forum enjoyable; common sense needs to take precedent over upholding rules sometimes.

P.S. It isn't weird that you enjoy discussing weather at a young age; I may come off as a disgruntled 80 year old looking to get revenge for a poor meal at the senior home, but I'm in reality 23

Old 11-26-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Can anyone else find a location with transitional Mediterranean-Humid continental climate. Those areas would my favorite localities for weather.
Interesting. I'm curious as to why you prefer them over, say, a typical mediterranean or humid continental climate (or even a humid subtropical climate, for that matter). It seems to me that you prefer the overall more mild summers and the lower seasonal variation (when compared to a humid continental climate), but I could be wrong. Are there any other factors (ex. fauna, specific weather patterns, etc.)?

Old 11-26-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Interesting. I'm curious as to why you prefer them over, say, a typical mediterranean or humid continental climate (or even a humid subtropical climate, for that matter). It seems to me that you prefer the overall more mild summers and the lower seasonal variation (when compared to a humid continental climate), but I could be wrong. Are there any other factors (ex. fauna, specific weather patterns, etc.)?
I like sunny & comfortable summers followed by chilly winters with occasional cold. Highs in the low 80's with low humidity and sunshine for summer followed by cool wet weather with Highs in the upper 40's for winter are perfect for me. These conditions are most likely to occur in Transitional Mediterranean-Humid continental climates. An occasional cold snap must also occur in winter bringing frigid conditions.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:57 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,374,279 times
Quote:
I like sunny & comfortable summers followed by chilly winters with occasional cold. Highs in the low 80's with low humidity and sunshine for summer followed by cool wet weather with Highs in the upper 40's for winter are perfect for me. These conditions are most likely to occur in Transitional Mediterranean-Humid continental climates. An occasional cold snap must also occur in winter bringing frigid conditions.
I think a place like Crossville, TN or Asheville, NC would be ideal for you, but summers are a bit warmer and winter a bit colder than what you prefer.

What about Eugene, OR?

Eugene, Oregon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather