Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2015, 06:00 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,707,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What?? The Philippines is a Catholic country, even more Catholic than Ireland. Secondly, South Korea, China and Japan are atheist countries, though South Korea has a very large Christian population. Most of Southeast Asia is Muslim. Islam is the largest religion east of India

Wow dude. I think we are sharing wives here my wife is EXACTLY the same way. Luckily she still has the travel bug in her, and I'm going to nurture that inside her. If the UK ops out of the whole EU like Switzerland, and the EU decides to not grant the UK freedom of movement (ergo, there goes our plan of moving to Spain in the future), at least if she opens her mind up, we can try to find jobs in Australia.
lol sounds like it. I hope that works out for you My wife actually has UK roots partly herself and is in fact going there in 2 weeks to visit some relatives. She has both Canadian and UK passports and so the rest of the EU might be an option also in the future for us if the UK decides to stay in. She just sees Asia as too foreign for us to consider living there and have a good life.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:23 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,818,168 times
Had some skinny ass in the gym trying to tell me how to train legs tonight. Apparently I should Always lock out on leg press! OK mate. If you fancy seeing your legs bend backwards when you're lifting 270kg, then you go for it. F***ing idiot.

Sound advice I accept, but not silly stuff like that. He got the message very quickly anyway.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:44 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
lol sounds like it. I hope that works out for you My wife actually has UK roots partly herself and is in fact going there in 2 weeks to visit some relatives. She has both Canadian and UK passports and so the rest of the EU might be an option also in the future for us if the UK decides to stay in. She just sees Asia as too foreign for us to consider living there and have a good life.
Have you considered Mexico, Costa Rica, or the Dominican Republic? They need ESL teachers there. I may be biased because I'm from the region, but despite the high crime stats, doesn't mean you're going to get "murgled" or kidnapped. It's a short flight away from Canada, and the culture shock will be minimal. Heck, does she even consider Quebec a culture shock? Why not stay there for a bit on a weekend far away from Montreal where everything is French?

Old 05-09-2015, 07:08 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,707,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Have you considered Mexico, Costa Rica, or the Dominican Republic? They need ESL teachers there. I may be biased because I'm from the region, but despite the high crime stats, doesn't mean you're going to get "murgled" or kidnapped. It's a short flight away from Canada, and the culture shock will be minimal. Heck, does she even consider Quebec a culture shock? Why not stay there for a bit on a weekend far away from Montreal where everything is French?
She's been to Mexico and liked it but I think her concern there would be the salary is too low for teachers and also crime issues. She likes Quebec and even speaks some French. Both places aren't a big deal for her except like me she doesn't like the weather much in Quebec

Old 05-09-2015, 07:52 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,261,452 times
Boring.

Last edited by Sickandtiredofthis; 05-09-2015 at 08:42 PM..

Old 05-09-2015, 09:22 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
She's been to Mexico and liked it but I think her concern there would be the salary is too low for teachers and also crime issues. She likes Quebec and even speaks some French. Both places aren't a big deal for her except like me she doesn't like the weather much in Quebec
If you save up enough money to buy a house there, the rest falls into place. Housing is the most expensive thing for us, besides a car with the salaries down there. Save up money and buy a house, then the salary won't matter much at all. Besides, they pay even less in Southeast Asia does not compute. Not only that, but how can you afford airfare back home on salaries that are on par with, or less than, Mexico's? At least airfare back home is affordable from Mexico and the Caribbean.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:36 PM

3,212 posts, read 3,176,477 times
Quote:
Is it possible for you to just take a 3-6 month gig somewhere to test the waters and then if she doesn't like it, you could both move back? 3-6 months it not a commitment to "living in a country long term" but feels more like an extended vacation/internship/sabbatical/experience. After the gig is over, you can re-assess.

Old 05-10-2015, 02:28 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Quote:
What exactly is it that you do? Are you an ESL teacher?

Old 05-10-2015, 03:25 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,261,452 times
Just looked at forecast and its single figures for the foreseeable future. Terrible, don't think i've seen anything as pathetic for May.

Sometimes it feels like I actually live in an arctic climate because when I look at the data for the rest of the world we are often the coldest place in the summer, similar to the weather in places like Svalbard and extreme Northern Canada. Its fascinating though, how the roles switch in the winter.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:10 AM

1,011 posts, read 715,911 times
Same here, we have highs of 9-10°C all next week. What a joke of a month this is turning out to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather