Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2015, 07:16 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,522,253 times

Advertisements

While I've had my doubts about climate change / global warming, I am more convinced than ever that the climate is indeed changing, primarily to the addition to CO2 in the atmosphere. The so-called "pause" in global temperature rise, which ended last year, wasn't because temps weren't rising - the extra heat has been going into the oceans instead. This, in turn, is causing things like the semi-permanent ridge off the coast of California, causing the endless drought out there and the back-to-back bitterly cold winters in the eastern US.

It is my fear that the heat that's been going into the oceans will return to the atmosphere in the near future, and we'll surely get a shift in the jet stream pattern in North America. Instead of record-breaking cold, we'll flip to massively record-breaking heat.

Instead of enjoying the coldest month on record, imagine what it'll be like to have the hottest winter month on record, or the hottest month period. It'll be happening sooner or later, and it won't be pretty when it does.

I need to move north, and soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 01:54 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,411,272 times
hmm hottest winter month on record..... sounds awesome! but overall I do wonder a lot what will happen to the climate of the east in a warming world? will it get more tropical? or drier and desert like. I think more monsoonal tropical like Miami almost. im referring to the southern united states when I say east.

Last edited by muslim12; 03-02-2015 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: add more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather