Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 07:54 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,776,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Snow is more relevant to how far north you are and how rainy it is in your area.
Actually it has more to do with the storm path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 07:55 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,261,452 times
I see alot of snow falling in winter, often more than colder areas because i'm close to the ocean and further north.

In my climate the amount of distance inland has an effect. In a cold spell it's not uncommon to have like say 8 inches of snow here and none 10 miles inland.

But that happens in America too at the great lakes so..

Old 07-09-2015, 07:57 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
It's funny North Carolina closer to the coast and with warmer average temperatures actually sees more snow than northern GA and AL.

An above average winter can definitely make a difference here. In 2006, Lexington never fell below 22F for all of January!
Yeah that's peculiar I wonder if they're closer to storm tracks in the winter?

January 2006 looked more like an Atlanta January than a Lexington one. What do you think of January 1977?

Weather History for Lexington, KY | Weather Underground

Quote:
What you mean't to say is that you resent me and thats the truth of it.

And you know it. So stop attacking me just because you had a bad day.
I resent you because you have money? LOL first off: Mooching off of your parents money doesn't count as YOU having money. When you actually get a job and make your own money and start paying your own bills, THAT'S when you're gonna have money.

Second off: Who gives a **** about how much money someone has? Are you really that shallow and materialistic that you measure someone's worth off of how much money they have or if they wear designer brands and whatnot? That's so pathetic. You're like an overgrown 12 year old.

And no I don't resent you, you're just an annoying little brat.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I see alot of snow falling in winter, often more than colder areas because i'm close to the ocean and further north.
Exactly if the storm path is south of you and you are affected by the north side of the low (the cold part) you will get snow while more inland and possible colder places than you will receive bland rain because they are on the south side of the low and have a southerly flow.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post

January 2006 looked more like an Atlanta January than a Lexington one. What do you think of January 1977?

I resent you because you have money? LOL first off: Mooching off of your parents money doesn't count as YOU having money. When you actually get a job and make your own money and start paying your own bills, THAT'S when you're gonna have money.

Second off: Who gives a **** about how much money someone has? Are you really that shallow and materialistic that you measure someone's worth off of how much money they have or if they were designer brands and whatnot? That's so pathetic. You're like an overgrown 12 year old.

And no I don't resent you, you're just an annoying little brat.
Just needed to have this posted a second time!

12,278 posts, read 9,456,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
It's all relative...our coldest temp ever is 27
It certainly is relative. We had an average low of 15F this February, and our mean lowest temperature of the year is -2F. So you can imagine January staying above 20 is tropical by our standards, LOL.

Quote:
Snow is more relevant to how far north you are and how rainy it is in your area.
Still, Atlanta does seem to miss out quite a bit.

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Quote:
Not true...Obviously, first of all we all have money as we're spending time posting online on a personal technological device

Secondly, I obviously have money (or my parents do) and Alex doesn't resent me (at least I think he doesn't)
Lol no I don't. You have money but you don't act like a spoiled brat or like you're better than someone else because of it.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
It certainly is relative. We had an average low of 15F this February, and our mean lowest temperature of the year is -2F. So you can imagine January staying above 20 is tropical by our standards, LOL.

Still, Atlanta does seem to miss out quite a bit.
Yes because it's inland.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Exactly if the storm path is south of you and you are affected by the north side of the low (the cold part) you will get snow while more inland and possible colder places than you will receive bland rain because they are on the south side of the low and have a southerly flow.
No my snow comes from showers in unstable Nw airstreams, obviously the showers break up inland reducing accumulations significantly.

It happens a few times each winter..

Old 07-09-2015, 08:03 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,456,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post

We saw a colder temperature this year (-18F), but 1977 was still far worse because the high barely got out of the 30s at all. Even with those flawed arctic blasts, places on the Carolina coast have never seen a month fail to reach 60F.

Quote:
Yes because it's inland.
And thus colder...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather