Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2015, 01:24 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Yes. England is so boring compared to America.. You can fly across it in 1 hour and it takes 6 hours to go across America.

Also many many many towns and places to go to. If I lived in a town in Florida I would never eat in all the restaurants.
There are plenty of places to go to in the UK as well though. Lots of culture, history and other things that you wouldn't find in the US - things such as old Roman villas, Stonehenge, medieval castles etc.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:25 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
Quote:
I disagree, I wouldn't encourage any American to come to the UK. Its pretty boring, even England, London is nice to look at but I definitely couldn't stand living there with the tiny roads and lack of cars, I would go out of my mind.

The UK is a small country anyway so theres not much to do, after you've been around the country a few times you've seen it all. America is a far better country to live in, there is endless things to keep you happy.
There is nothing in America that I could do, that I can't already do here. Your idea of fun might be trawling around ugly suburban malls and loading up on pointless crap you don't need, but that sounds boring to me.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:26 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times
No. It just isn't the same at all.

The UK is small and tiny. I am only going to England because its marginally better but my aim is to get out as soon as I can.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:29 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Quote:
I disagree, I wouldn't encourage any American to come to the UK. Its pretty boring, even England, London is nice to look at but I definitely couldn't stand living there with the tiny roads and lack of cars, I would go out of my mind.

The UK is a small country anyway so theres not much to do, after you've been around the country a few times you've seen it all. America is a far better country to live in, there is endless things to keep you happy.
One thing I like about England is the football culture. Every city has its own team, stadium, fans and a long history which is amazing.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:31 PM

Thing is, all those towns are the same, and have the same shops and restaurants and wide roads and ugly houses. There's more to see in America, but most of it is like Wichita.. cars, strip malls, cookie clutter.. why go all the way to the US if you are going to spend 3 weeks eating at McDonald's in Palm Springs? You seem like a really boring person. Where is your sense of adventure? All you seem to care about is shopping and food FFS.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:31 PM

Oh yeah its big but its too big. Those people are paid too much and it is hard for me because I am not interested in football.

All the men want to do is talk about football so I always end up sitting there like an idiot.. Some men here cannot talk about anything else..

Old 06-20-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Thing is, all those towns are the same, and have the same shops and restaurants and wide roads and ugly houses. There's more to see in America, but most of it is like Wichita... why go all the way to the US if you are going to spend 3 weeks eating at McDonald's in Palm Springs? You seem like a really boring person. Where is your sense of adventure? All you seem to care about is shopping and food FFS.
Have you even visited? The landscapes are very different, I went from Florida to Georgia to Minnesota to NJ to North Dakota and each state was very different particularly ND

Old 06-20-2015, 01:34 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Is it more convenient if you don't own a car? A lot of wide roads a bit ugly, IMO.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:34 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,816,870 times
Owen's idea of seeing America just sum's up what your stereotypical Florida tourist is. Malls, chain restaurants etc.

Classless, culturally deprived tourist.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Have you even visited? The landscapes are very different, I went from Florida to Georgia to Minnesota to NJ to North Dakota and each state was very different particularly ND
Doesn't make it a better place to live. North Dakota is very boring is it not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather