Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 05:06 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
Still fairly hot here. Forecast tells me it's going to reach 39 next saturday..... I just hope the dps remain below 20c, but with all those 23c lows I doubt it....
Yeah, it looks like there will be another heatwave, we are forecast to hit 39C° in Saturday and Sunday, it's going to be unbearably hot. Luckily the sea isn't that far from here..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urania93 View Post
Also for Turin the weather forecast tells that the temperature will be really high again in the second part of next week. but for the hottest day (Saturday also for here) the predicted temperature are "just" 23-35°C.

Really a perfect timing, I have two university exams in those days, and with those temperatures it will be really difficult to study properly...
Knowing Turin's climate well, the humidity will certainly be quite high and will make those days even more unbearable. Luckily, you live in the Susa valley which should be a bit cooler.

PS: Good luck for your exams!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 08:48 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,443,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post

Knowing Turin's climate well, the humidity will certainly be quite high and will make those days even more unbearable. Luckily, you live in the Susa valley which should be a bit cooler.

PS: Good luck for your exams!
Thanks!

Yes, here temperatures are lower than in Turin (in particular during the summer), but the main difference is that here it's much more windy (there is always at least some breeze), and in most cases it is also a little less humid. So here the weather is much more tolerable than in Turin.

For example I have the measures for Susa and for Turin recorded a couple of hours ago (14:26).

Turin: temperature: 36.2°C, relative humidity 35%(*), wind speed <4 m/s
Susa (520 m altitude): temperature: 28.8°C, relative humidity 45%(*) (but at that hour it was quite cloudy here, this morning instead the humidity here was lower than in Turin), wind speed reached 15 m/s.
Bardonecchia (1353 m altitude): temperature 25.7°C, humidity 25%, wind speed reached 10 m/s

(*) those stations only provide relative humidity, and not dew points. Otherwise I would have posted both.

Anyway, this explain why a lot of people from the po Valley often decide to pass some days in the nearest alpine valley. In particular during the week-ends the higher part of our valley is often really crowded.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urania93 View Post
Thanks!

Yes, here temperatures are lower than in Turin (in particular during the summer), but the main difference is that here it's much more windy (there is always at least some breeze), and in most cases it is also a little less humid. So here the weather is much more tolerable than in Turin.

For example I have the measures for Susa and for Turin recorded a couple of hours ago (14:26).

Turin: temperature: 36.2°C, relative humidity 35%(*), wind speed <4 m/s
Susa (520 m altitude): temperature: 28.8°C, relative humidity 45%(*) (but at that hour it was quite cloudy here, this morning instead the humidity here was lower than in Turin), wind speed reached 15 m/s.
Bardonecchia (1353 m altitude): temperature 25.7°C, humidity 25%, wind speed reached 10 m/s

(*) those stations only provide relative humidity, and not dew points. Otherwise I would have posted both.

Anyway, this explain why a lot of people from the po Valley often decide to pass some days in the nearest alpine valley. In particular during the week-ends the higher part of our valley is often really crowded.

Yeah, with that relatively cool weather i imagine many people have a second home in the higher part of the valley, especially near Bardonecchia where if i'm not wrong there's a large ski station.

We go to the Appennines instead but often temps aren't that much cooler there and there isn't much to do there either since most of Basilicata and Irpinia are mostly made by villages with only a few hundred of people.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Yeah, with that relatively cool weather i imagine many people have a second home in the higher part of the valley, especially near Bardonecchia where if i'm not wrong there's a large ski station.

We go to the Appennines instead but often temps aren't that much cooler there and there isn't much to do there either since most of Basilicata and Irpinia are mostly made by villages with only a few hundred of people.
Yes, many people have a second house near Bardonecchia, or Sestriere for example, that in winter have large ski resorts. But, so that the valley are really near to Turin and a good part of the plain part of Piedmont, there are also a lot of people who arrive here for a one-day trip.

Anyway, Bardonecchia has just 3 230 inhabitants (without considering the owners of second houses), and it is the largest town in the high part of the Valley. So even here the mountain towns don't have so many inhabitants.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:19 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Thankfully there has been some relief in the Austrian Alps and water is not in short supply...

Here in the Western US the heat has broken records and some areas are in 4th year of drought with 5% snow pack...

Old 07-15-2015, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Thankfully there has been some relief in the Austrian Alps and water is not in short supply...

Here in the Western US the heat has broken records and some areas are in 4th year of drought with 5% snow pack...
A heatwave is forecast for the weekend, much of Southern Europe has been really having a warm year and a few records were broken too, especially in Spain earlier this month and in Sardinia with a strong heatwave at the start of May

Old 07-15-2015, 07:06 PM

1,387 posts, read 1,189,310 times
Ouch didn't expect it so dry throughout.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:42 PM

83,523 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Looks like Western Europe especially Spain and Portugual might have one of the warmest summers on record.

Map for this weekend.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:35 AM

I've just found this map about the temperature anomalies in the period 1-12 July.

I've found it here --> Previsioni Meteo, super-caldo: ecco l'anomalia "monstre" di questo luglio 2015

The article says: (translated parts into "")

"The super-heat goes on: the positive anomaly of this July 2015 risks to become exceptional, with differences from the averages above the 5°C in central Europe (norther Italy comprehended) "

Then it also says that in the next few days it will be even hotter than now. They also hypothesize that July 2015 risks to be one of the hottest on records for central-western Europe. It also points out that the temperature anomaly over Europe is one of the most intense even at the global level right now.

"In practice we are living an event that, day by day, is becoming more and more historical. Thus not for the single peak record temperatures, but for its duration, constancy and extension that are making it a really significant event, at a climatologic level."

Old 07-16-2015, 09:00 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Certainly nothing record breaking here, except the 1st of July.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather