Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 11:50 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times

Advertisements

I love being in the center of attention, I like telling stories, make people laugh, hear my opinions and so on. But I also like quiet. I don't like "crazy partying" at the nightclub, I want to sit in a quiet pub having meaningful conversations. And after a crazy weekend somewhere, it's comfortable to just be at home in silence alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 11:51 AM

2,257 posts, read 1,992,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I'm the same way in that I go out and have fun and make people laugh etc, but at the end of the night I have to go back home and be in solitary confinement for a few days lol. For some reason big social interactions while fun, are exhausting to me.

I don't go back home if I meet a "chic" that night though.

Hahaha I can dance for 5 hours in a row. Although I am exhausted. But when I will return home at early morning I feel so exhausted too and sleep till the noon and when I wake up I feel that I was digging all the night

Old 09-10-2015, 11:52 AM

14,327 posts, read 11,719,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Most people are only interested in weather for how it will affect their other activities, not a focused passion like us. They want weather that is close to room temperature and won't get them wet or put them in danger. That's why San Diego is "perfect".
Bingo. People who live in the south aren't necessarily "heat lovers." I can only speak for my native area of San Diego/OC/LA, but you should hear people moaning and groaning when it's actually hot, as it has been this week. I'm positive they would complain just as much if it were ever really cold. What most people want is a climate that does not inconvenience them. Snow is to be avoided, unless you're on vacation in the mountains. Rain is fine, unless it's falling during the morning commute or the evening commute or on the weekend. Heat is great if you're at the beach or the pool; otherwise you stay close to the a/c.

When I was little I used to think it would be fun to live in a cold snowy climate. My mother, who grew up in Chicago, would roll her eyes and say the snow was pretty for the first day and then it was nothing but a pain in the neck. And the older I get, the more I incline toward her point of view. Give me temps between 60 and 80 all year round so I can go about my activities without any hassle. I don't think it has anything to do with being "mainstream" or"conventional" or introvert/extrovert. For what it's worth, I'm an introvert and I have some unconventional interests. I just want to be able to pursue them without being interrupted by severe weather.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkis View Post
Hahaha I can dance for 5 hours in a row. Although I am exhausted. But when I will return home at early morning I feel so exhausted too and sleep till the noon and when I wake up I feel that I was digging all the night
Not the point. After you being dancing, you don't crave for solitude. As in being alone.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Not the point. After you being dancing, you don't crave for solitude. As in being alone.
Hm what do you mean? I am confused.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:04 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,372,298 times
Quote:
I love being in the center of attention, I like telling stories, make people laugh, hear my opinions and so on. But I also like quiet. I don't like "crazy partying" at the nightclub, I want to sit in a quiet pub having meaningful conversations. And after a crazy weekend somewhere, it's comfortable to just be at home in silence alone.
You sound exactly like me actually. Although I don't like being the center of attention when I'm hanging with a new group of people. I'm rather shy at first and then come out of my shell, usually with the help of alcohol.

I don't like "crazy partying" either rather than just hanging out on my front porch having some beers or mixed drinks with some friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Bingo. People who live in the south aren't necessarily "heat lovers." I can only speak for my native area of San Diego/OC/LA, but you should hear people moaning and groaning when it's actually hot, as it has been this week. I'm positive they would complain just as much if it were ever really cold. What most people want is a climate that does not inconvenience them. Snow is to be avoided, unless you're on vacation in the mountains. Rain is fine, unless it's falling during the morning commute or the evening commute or on the weekend. Heat is great if you're at the beach or the pool; otherwise you stay close to the a/c.

When I was little I used to think it would be fun to live in a cold snowy climate. My mother, who grew up in Chicago, would roll her eyes and say the snow was pretty for the first day and then it was nothing but a pain in the neck. And the older I get, the more I incline toward her point of view. Give me temps between 60 and 80 all year round so I can go about my activities without any hassle. I don't think it has anything to do with being "mainstream" or"conventional" or introvert/extrovert. For what it's worth, I'm an introvert and I have some unconventional interests. I just want to be able to pursue them without being interrupted by severe weather.
I hate when people do that, as if it's completely impossible to like cold weather or snow just because they dislike it. I've been in temperatures far below 0 F before and I felt much more comfortable than I did at 95 F or 100 F. Snow is fun, but I'd live in a cold,snowy climate not because snow is fun, more because cold is just more comfortable to me. I'm much more comfortable at 15 F than I am at 90 F.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
You sound exactly like me actually. Although I don't like being the center of attention when I'm hanging with a new group of people. I'm rather shy at first and then come out of my shell, usually with the help of alcohol.

I don't like "crazy partying" either rather than just hanging out on my front porch having some beers or mixed drinks with some friends.
I'm not shy among new people if I'm comfortable. If I'm just joining in a new group, I'm low key, but if the majority of people are familiar, I will just tell my stupid stories.

The porch, crickets, beers, maybe some games, lovely!

Old 09-10-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkis View Post
Hm what do you mean? I am confused.
Lol, what being an introvert means is that you "recharge your batteries" per say in solitude or in your own company. You seem like you crave social gatherings even after a night of partying....you're more of an extrovert.

Unfortunately for me, the girls I've dated to this point have all been extroverts. They absolutely couldn't understand why sometimes I needed time alone or I didn't feel like going out or they would get mad when I wouldn't text them back for a few hours (honestly, a lot of times I was just busy. But a lot of times I just didn't feel like talking that much lol). Honestly, I'm in absolutely in Nirvana when I'm listening to some good music, out for a good run or walk just in my own world. Of course I do like going out too on weekends...but not too much. I consider myself an outgoing introvert.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Lol, what being an introvert means is that you "recharge your batteries" per say in solitude or in your own company. You seem like you crave social gatherings even after a night of partying....you're more of an extrovert.

Unfortunately for me, the girls I've dated to this point have all been extroverts. They absolutely couldn't understand why sometimes I needed time alone or I didn't feel like going out or they would get mad when I wouldn't text them back for a few hours (honestly, a lot of times I was just busy. But a lot of times I just didn't feel like talking that much lol). Honestly, I'm in absolutely in Nirvana when I'm listening to some good music, out for a good run or walk just in my own world. Of course I do like going out too on weekends...but not too much. I consider myself an outgoing introvert.
Aaaa I see yes hahaha I am like this. But there are days that I want to stay alone at home. Or be at home with a friend for sleep over

Old 09-10-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I'm not shy among new people if I'm comfortable. If I'm just joining in a new group, I'm low key, but if the majority of people are familiar, I will just tell my stupid stories.

The porch, crickets, beers, maybe some games, lovely!
Yep the same way. It all depends on the vibe the new group gives me. Some people are good at making you feel comfortable some people aren't though.

Yeah, if it's mostly familiar people but there's a few people there I haven't hung out with, I just tell my normal stupid jokes and stories too.

And yes I agree, it's quite lovely. Not many crickets out here though.....a lot of the time is other people yelling and fighting lol, though on a quiet night there's a good amount of crickets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather