Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2015, 02:24 AM

181 posts, read 155,370 times

Advertisements

I'm in no way of fan of mild winter weather, but I am a fan of extreme weather and this month looks like falling about as far into the extreme category as we can get in UK. As well as the incredible warmth, we are also seeing a significant lack of sunshine, which again could well end up breaking low records if the model pan out as currently shown between now and months end. It is also extremely interesting imo to witness just how nature is coping with the warmth, there is so much in bloom now even given the dull, darkness, so one can only imagine how things would look if the past 4-6 weeks had been accompanied by even average amounts of light/sunshine. In our rush to see snow, ice and freezing temps we are perhaps taking our eye off the real ball here, which is a significant shift in the climate unfolding in our lifetime, not across millennia...very interesting times indeed, with plenty more to come it would appear. That woodshed might need to install air-con before too much longer

A bit dramatic if you ask me! We have had snow here and last winter was below average where I live so how can you we are increasing temps in winter? It's unfair to generalize the entire British Isles just because it's mild down there.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:30 AM

Looking through Ogimet I find the following below average days.

December 3rd. Sub 5c high
Synop report summary by countries

December 11th. Few sub 5c

December 12th. Widespread snow up north.

December 13th. Again few sub 5c

I know we've had some exceptionally mild temps but it's not fair to say it's been mild across the whole country the whole time. There has been snow and frost in places, not everywhere is like Kent.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:33 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,815,020 times
That's a bit of a daft post by whoever that person is. However it has been extremely mild over the entire British Isles, and not just the south. Places around here had a few inches of snow last week, but that's one or two days out of many extremely mild days. Scotland has been very mild too, as has all of Ireland.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:36 AM

I know but what I'm trying to say is that it's not been as mild as down there and also not everyone lives down there.

Sometimes I go on there and it's totally different world. They're saying mild, mild and there's snow in my backyard. It's like wtf

Old 12-16-2015, 02:41 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,815,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rediculousaffairs View Post
I know but what I'm trying to say is that it's not been as mild as down there and also not everyone lives down there.

Sometimes I go on there and it's totally different world. They're saying mild, mild and there's snow in my backyard. It's like wtf
I know, but the fact is it's still very mild everywhere. The British Isles are all well above average, some places more than others though obviously.
Like I said there was quite a bit of snow in Northern England, but that didn't last long at all.

Old 12-16-2015, 04:47 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,429,831 times
christmas might as well be totally ****ing ruined this year, a total ****ing write off, nothing good at all about it. wish it would just be gone. mother****ing piece of **** climate.

****ing piece of ****. I just cut my hand too from punching my ****ing desk thinking about this goddamn horse ****.

Old 12-16-2015, 04:58 AM

881 posts, read 646,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
christmas might as well be totally ****ing ruined this year, a total ****ing write off, nothing good at all about it. wish it would just be gone. mother****ing piece of **** climate.

****ing piece of ****. I just cut my hand too from punching my ****ing desk thinking about this goddamn horse ****.
Quoted due to reason of being epic rant that must be preserved in the anals of history. Can you do me a favour - drink a 6 pack and then look at your forecast for 10 minutes while thinking about Owenc and then log onto City data.

Adelaide's forecast is 21/33C on Christmas Day so will likely be hotter here.

Last edited by Coldfront Factory; 12-16-2015 at 05:24 AM..

Old 12-16-2015, 05:02 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,406,685 times
15C outside, didn't go much below 13C all night so I had my window slightly open last night, feels like October not D*ckcember

Thank god for that, Christmas aside this is the worst time of the year. Short days, gloom, cold.. At least this mild weather makes it more comfortable, although the lack of sun is sh*te

Old 12-16-2015, 05:09 AM

881 posts, read 646,271 times
Tornado in Sydney today with winds up to 213km/h recorded along with large hail. Saw this on the BOM observations, thought it was a bull**** reading, but no, it is actually legit! Epic thunderstorm outbreak.

Record winds rip through Sydney

Sydney storm: Tornado weaves trail of destruction through Kurnell - 9news.com.au

Last edited by Coldfront Factory; 12-16-2015 at 05:25 AM..

Old 12-16-2015, 05:59 AM

83,510 posts, read 75,269,804 times
Street Fight. Bush vs Trump

https://twitter.com/Morning_Joe/stat...82527803162625
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather