Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 02:47 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times

Advertisements

2015 stats aren't out yet, but 78 homicides in 2014. We are 5,45 million people.

Quote:
Henkirikollisuuden yleisrakenne on rikollisuuden vähenemisestä huolimatta pysynyt muuttumattomana. Tyypillinen suomalainen henkirikos on yksityisasunnossa tapahtuva ryyppyriitatappo. Aseena on keittiöveitsi ja tekoajankohtana viikonloppu. Syyllinen ja uhri ovat vanhoja tuttuja, keski-ikäisiä, yksin asuvia, työelämästä syrjäytyneitä, alkoholisoituneita miehiä, joilla on takanaan useita aiempia väkivaltarikostuomioita. Tekohetkellä osapuolet ovat yleensä 1–3 promillen humalassa.

Translation:
The general structure of homicides remains unchanged despite an average reduction of crime. The typical Finnish homicide is a drunken brawl in a private flat/house. The weapon is a kitchen knife and the homicide carried out during a weekend. The perpetrator and victim are old acquaintances, middle-aged, living alone, excluded from working life, alcoholic men who have several previous violent crime convictions. At the time of the deed the parties have usually 1-3 per mille of alcohol in their blood.

Could the typical murder be more stereotypical? I hardly believe so. It's like saying that a Northern Irish is a terrorist and the next second he detonates a car bomb. (Came to mind as I read the foreign ministry UK travel warning). It said nothing about Leeds or Scotland, only terrorism and NI.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:48 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,578,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeefan93 View Post
Read my last post please? Talking about politics is extremely volatile.
Nobody mentioned politics.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:48 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,361,458 times
Quote:
Read my last post please? Talking about politics is extremely volatile.
Yeah, I suppose talking about football is much better.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:49 PM

389 posts, read 586,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
2015 stats aren't out yet, but 78 homicides in 2014. We are 5,45 million people.

Quote:
Henkirikollisuuden yleisrakenne on rikollisuuden vähenemisestä huolimatta pysynyt muuttumattomana. Tyypillinen suomalainen henkirikos on yksityisasunnossa tapahtuva ryyppyriitatappo. Aseena on keittiöveitsi ja tekoajankohtana viikonloppu. Syyllinen ja uhri ovat vanhoja tuttuja, keski-ikäisiä, yksin asuvia, työelämästä syrjäytyneitä, alkoholisoituneita miehiä, joilla on takanaan useita aiempia väkivaltarikostuomioita. Tekohetkellä osapuolet ovat yleensä 1–3 promillen humalassa.

Translation:
The general structure of homicides remains unchanged despite an average reduction of crime. The typical Finnish homicide is a drunken brawl in a private flat/house. The weapon is a kitchen knife and the homicide carried out during a weekend. The perpetrator and victim are old acquaintances, middle-aged, living alone, excluded from working life, alcoholic men who have several previous violent crime convictions. At the time of the deed the parties have usually 1-3 per mille of alcohol in their blood.

Could the typical murder be more stereotypical? I hardly believe so. It's like saying that a Northern Irish is a terrorist and the next second he detonates a car bomb. (Came to mind as I read the foreign ministry UK travel warning). It said nothing about Leeds or Scotland, only terrorism and NI.
Very similar to Scotland, really, drink, knives, low-income.

Finland overall is pretty safe.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:53 PM

Most violent crime here is gang-related violence. Random violence of course happens, but it's almost always a gang dispute or a dispute over drug territory.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:54 PM

1,916 posts, read 1,458,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Nobody mentioned politics.
Talking about murder rates and Obama being right about guns IS talking about politics. And alex985, politics are the LAST thing I would talk about with someone I don't know and IMO talking about murders and crap like that is extremely volatile.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Talking about murder rates and Obama being right about guns IS talking about politics. And alex985, politics are the LAST thing I would talk about with someone I don't know and IMO talking about murders and crap like that is extremely volatile.
Murder rates have nothing to do with politics. And Obama being right about guns is the only political thing brought up - which was completely relevant to the discussion anyways. I don't get what your beef is. Coming from someone who felt the need to update us every 0.0000007 seconds over some random ass football game.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:57 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,578,708 times
Quote:
Someone mentioned Obama once..

Old 01-16-2016, 03:01 PM

1,916 posts, read 1,458,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Murder rates have nothing to do with politics. And Obama being right about guns is the only political thing brought up - which was completely relevant to the discussion anyways. I don't get what your beef is. Coming from someone who felt the need to update us every 0.0000007 seconds over some random ass football game.
Wow...... I don't know how to post every 0.000000007 seconds especially if I can't post again 60 seconds after my last post.

Old 01-16-2016, 03:02 PM

389 posts, read 586,588 times
This is a general chat thread; it needn't be exclusively of weather; if you don't like that you shouldn't click on it.

Or just fvck off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather