Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2016, 05:12 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,414,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giveandtake View Post
Doesn't feel like 12am at all. Going to try and go to bed at 1am even though that will be difficult.
Oh please, don't start this jet lag nonsense for the 3rd year in a row!

Old 06-22-2016, 06:59 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,461,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
How old are you? There is someone for everyone, as the old saying goes. I was always very shy & ended up having tons of one night stands after being drunk in my late teens & early 20's, I met my partner who I have been with for 15 years when I got a new job, he worked in the warehouse & I worked in the office... Things just happen, you will meet someone, maybe not tomorrow, but you will
I'll be 23 in August. I know anything can happen. It's just that I've often seen things along the lines of "women won't pursue men in general, but the top 10% of men visually do get asked out", or whatever the number may be. So that's my primary source of motivation for getting to work in the gym, which of course has many other benefits anyway.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:26 PM

290 posts, read 210,484 times
They always go for the arrogant men sorry just being honest. I would say to approach them rather than sit and wait.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:03 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,673,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Yep, I met my ex through friends, and my current gf I was so drunk I don't even remember the night I met her But obviously I left a lasting impression when I was drunk, enough to make her come back.. Been together about 6 months.

Still not sure if I prefer being single or in a relationship, though.. I do miss being single, not having to constantly worry about your other half if you haven't texted them all day for fear of them getting p*ssed off (I like having my own space sometimes and some days I just don't feel like talking to her much) but on the other hand it is nice having someone you can fall back to and who will always be there for you.

My suggestion is this: don't get in a serious relationship unless you're over 25.. enjoy your life whilst you're young. Go and enjoy your freedom - get drunk, party, sleep with whoever you want and enjoy the finer things in life because when you get married you'll be stuck down for the rest of your life
Burst out laughing.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:32 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,940,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Don't get me started on that.. It effectively renders my vote as useless, because I live in a commuter belt close to London full of rich city workers, my constituency is often 60%+ conservative so my vote is pointless. Should be every vote for itself.

One thing I disagree with the remain campaign is the fear mongering that we will be alienated if we do leave.. I think if we vote to leave then it is very likely that other countries will follow.. not that I want us to leave mind.

How do you think the people in places like California feel. With our stupid electoral college, anyone voting Republican in California is just ignored. The state always goes blue, and then all the electoral college votes of California go to the Democrats. Same holds for the South. Every single southern state is as red as red can be. Any Democrat down there has no role at all to play in the presidential election. Every single Alabama electoral vote will go to Donald Trump, and Hillary will get zero votes out of Alabama and the rest of the South. The electoral college over here should be proportional in each state, instead of winner take all.

Somehow I think the founders based that stupid electoral college on British tradition or something. Probably Parliament in the 1700's.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:43 PM

2,508 posts, read 1,850,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQKing View Post
I don't plan on ever getting married. Marriage is nothing but a very, very expensive piece of paper and ball and chain. If two people love each other, they can still easily just live together and if the s**t hits the fan, no grueling divorce proceedings and the woman won't be given the "right" by the court to take half your stuff, your car and house.

Feminism and anti-male sexism is rife and encouraged both in public and in the court/legal system and there are a lot of succubi out there that only emerge after it's too late...

My bro got married, and the only difference between his married life and pre-married life is an empty bank account.
I take it the wife doesn't have her own income? That must suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
How do you think the people in places like California feel. With our stupid electoral college, anyone voting Republican in California is just ignored. The state always goes blue, and then all the electoral college votes of California go to the Democrats. Same holds for the South. Every single southern state is as red as red can be. Any Democrat down there has no role at all to play in the presidential election. Every single Alabama electoral vote will go to Donald Trump, and Hillary will get zero votes out of Alabama and the rest of the South. The electoral college over here should be proportional in each state, instead of winner take all.

Somehow I think the founders based that stupid electoral college on British tradition or something. Probably Parliament in the 1700's.
True. It does basically come down to swing voters in swing states. That's rather messed up.

I wonder if we'll see a 3rd party candidate get more than 5% of the total popular vote. If that happens, that 3rd party will be eligible for increased funding for future elections. Perhaps a movement could get started for the Libertarian and Green parties.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:48 PM

Skip to 15 minutes. She is ranting about Kim Kardashians ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0L7TPHDSBo

Old 06-22-2016, 09:51 PM

2,508 posts, read 1,850,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giveandtake View Post
They always go for the arrogant men sorry just being honest. I would say to approach them rather than sit and wait.
This is why I hate being a man. Society basically has the man doing the work to start a relationship.

I blame natural selection for this. Because males in the animal kingdom are fertilizers that are incapable of carrying young and giving birth, they often have to fight other males in order to pass on their genes.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:58 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Cooler here today!!!!!!!!

Which is nice as it will be quite HOT again in a couple days!!

Old 06-23-2016, 04:41 AM

Australia isn't really a religious country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather